2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 39 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Congrats to him on getting a full ride. Major props. Lot of hardwork went into that i'm sure. Would have liked to see him come here and be Larry Taylor part two.

Looking at McCallister, seems like he could bring something to our punt return game. And I rewatched the Ron Johnson highlights...wow, what a load. I would love to have Johnson for depth to Newsome and depending on how it all shakes out I think Johnson could also play outside linebacker.

Reaction Score
Looking at McCallister, seems like he could bring something to our punt return game. And I rewatched the Ron Johnson highlights...wow, what a load. I would love to have Johnson for depth to Newsome and depending on how it all shakes out I think Johnson could also play outside linebacker.
Can't see a 5'11" OLB, for a coach/system that is 50%, 3-4. My guess if we see an extra RB, is that we will experience some attrition.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Can't see a 5'11" OLB, for a coach/system that is 50%, 3-4. My guess if we see an extra RB, is that we will experience some attrition.

I hear ya. I just like his build, his willingness to lay some wood and his speed. His in game speed is impressive and it seems like he would have no problem covering RBs in the flat and dropping into coverage to cover underneath WR and TEs. I could be off, but is he really 5'11, one site says 6ft (not that an inch means much) and moreover, he doesnt look like the small guy on the field.

Reaction Score
Updated:

LB- Chris Britton (Harrisburg HS, PA) - January Enrollee?
DB- Jamar Summers (Prep @ Milford Academy) (Orange NJ) - January Enrollee?

QB- Logan Marchi (St. Paul HS, CT)
RB- Arkeel Newsome (Ansonia CT)
RB - Bryce McAllister (Suffield Academy)
TE - Alec Bloom (Ligonier Valley PA)

OL- Trey Rutherford (Kent School CT)
OL - Lamont Bradford (Timber Creek HS NJ)
OL - Steve Hashemi (St Joe's Trumbull CT)

DE/TE- Luke Carrezola (Neshaminy, PA)
LB/DE- Tom Rodrick (Leicester, MA)

*Becoming concerned about Bradford - academics rumored to still be a question and he wasn't allowed/permitted up this week w/ the others.
The samething may be an issue with Summers...anyone on here have access to the student phone book? That is the BEST way to see if these guys enrolling in January are on campus.

Reaction Score
Nice find.

Watkins (6-1 185lb WR/CB) is in the 10/15 pic and Lawley is in the 10/8 picture. http://www.delvalfootballfoundation.com/12thman/2013.html

Watkins has film! http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2580030/anthony-watkins

“@NHRJimFuller: Per his twitter accouint, Lawrenceville WR Anthony Watkins has committed to #UConn, he had 49 catches as senior”

TONE ‏@AntWatkins__29m
COMMITTED TO UCONN FOR FOOTBALL

Edit add: http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/lawrenceville-wr-commits-to-uconn.html

>>The 5-11, 185-pound Watkins had 49 catches for 872 yards as a senior and had at least six catches in each of his first five games. He caught 12 passes for 204 yards in 45-15 loss to Choate and had seven receptions for 216 yards and four TDs in 53-13 win over Mercersburg Academy. He also had kickoff returns of 86 and 90 yards and punt returns of 60 and 85 yards.<<

Different sites have height @ 5-11, 6-0' and 6-1.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems like Johnson's size and straight line speed could also be useful at OLB too. That said, I've longed for a 200lb RB for our squad.

OT; I wonder if McCallister can return punts....we need a punt returner... <--just watched the McCallister highlight reel on HUDL....he did return punts.

great highlights...fluid/good balance
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/863802/highlights/80918397?autoplay=1

What about Mariner for punt returns?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What about Mariner for punt returns?
Its been a long time since I watched his video...was he a homerun hitter at PR? Regardless, yes he should be back there this year too.

Reaction Score
Updated:

WR - Anthony Watkins (The Lawrenceville School - Lawrenceville NJ)

OL - Lamont Bradford (Timber Creek HS NJ)*

*Becoming concerned about Bradford - academics rumored to still be a question and he wasn't allowed/permitted up this week w/ the others.

Reaction Score
Diaco To See First Batch Of Recruits This Weekend At UConn
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...otball-0118-20140117,0,939297.story?track=rss

*Not much out there on Lawley - but I'm looking*

He's a 6-5 265lb G/DT and Wrestler

Lawrenceville is in the same Prep league as The Hun School (Nick Williams alma mater)

Big boy - June 9, 2013: Sheridan Lawley at the Nike Football Training Camp at the University of Oregon in Eugene, Oregon.

Alot of kudoes from north of the border if one and the same (inclined to believe so).
  • DL Sheridan Lawley; Abbotsford Mouat. “This is a beautiful body, an incredible athlete and someone we think can help us on the edge if we lose Ben D’Aguilar.
  • Sheridan Lawley, the defensive lineman from Mouwat HS in BC is very good and could be the top high school dlineman out of BC.

Ha... Video on Lawley! http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2772063/sheriden-lawley (correct spelling of 1st name is w/ an "e" not an "a".

Quite a few of these out there:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yup... Red shorts.

B - do you really think I would choose a video where he was getting manhandled as the first one I post?? :rolleyes:

LOL just making sure! No one could find anything on him until that video. Just making sure! I feel much better now!

Reaction Score
One more time - Nice weekend so far!!

Updated:

RB/LB - Ron Johnson (Palmetto Ridge HS, Naples FL)

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
FDNY99 said:
The samething may be an issue with Summers...anyone on here have access to the student phone book? That is the BEST way to see if these guys enrolling in January are on campus.
I don't have the time to look it up now but the phone book is not private. Just go to http://phonebook.uconn.edu/

Keep in mind that its not definitive but is only an indicator

Reaction Score
Boom - #4!!!

“@LvilleBigRedFB: Congrats to #2 Anthony Watkins and #55 Sheridan Lawley on their commitments to UConn! Congrats guys! @AntWatkins__ @sheridenL44”

Both Watkins and Lawley are completing a PG year @ The Lawrenceville School. Watkins is originally from MD and Sheriden from British Columbia.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One more time - Nice Great weekend so far!!

Updated:

RB/LB - Ron Johnson (Palmetto Ridge HS, Naples FL)

DT/OG- Sheriden Lawley (The Lawrenceville School - Lawrenceville NJ)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc