2014 plus 2015 recruit classes combined | The Boneyard

2014 plus 2015 recruit classes combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We know there is still time to go for the '15 class to change. But it is interesting to look at those colleges which have top ten classes, as of now, in BOTH years. Seven teams make that cut.

I added their respective scores together (1 being the top class, 5 being the 5th ranked, etc) and came up with some totals. Lower total is, therefore, better than higher in this system.

UCONN 4 and 1 = 5
DUKE 3 and 2 = 5
UCLA 1 and 8 = 9
ND 5 and 5 = 10
TENN 6 and 7 = 13
NEB 9 and 9 = 18
L'ville 8 and 10 = 18

Best news to me: this does not even include Butler.
Good news to me: the ratings of Williams, Nurse, and Ekmark are perhaps skewed downward because of
injury, playing in Canada, and being home schooled, respectively.....implying, as with the Butler omission that our classes are even better than the rankings suggest.

Most surprising news for me: Nebraska with back to back top ten groups thus far.

How about you??

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The criticality of "rolling classes" is variable. For college football, it's vitally important. For college basketball, which fields 15 kids rather than 85, the most important thing is finding a centerpiece in a class and being happy to have her for four years.

Having said that, Geno has produced an elite program by recruiting great rolling classes. I posted about this earlier, but just to recap, I believe the 1991 through 1994 recruiting classes (which brought about Lobo, Rizzotti, Wolters, and Sales) was championship caliber. Meanwhile, 1996-98 recruiting (Shea, Svet, TASS) culminated in a national championship in 2000, and adding Diana that same year ushered in three more championships. After the inevitable dropoff once Diana graduated, the rebuilding recruiting years of 2005-07 (Renee, Tina, Maya) resulted in two more NCs and the legendary 90-game win streak. Next, the 2010-12 recruiting classes (Stef, Bria, KML, Kiah, Moriah, and Stewie) has already resulted in still two more NCs...and they ain't done yet.

The 2014 and 2015 classes will bring in at least seven very talented players who are absolutely good enough to contend for a national championship. It doesn't hurt that they'll be putting those kids around Stewie and MoJeff for a season or two, but if the 2016 recruiting class ends up being similarly successful, that 2014-16 rolling set of recruiting classes will carry on UConn's championship tradition after Breanna graduates.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The 2014 and 2015 classes will bring in at least seven very talented players who are absolutely good enough to contend for a national championship. It doesn't hurt that they'll be putting those kids around Stewie and MoJeff for a season or two, but if the 2016 recruiting class ends up being similarly successful, that 2014-16 rolling set of recruiting classes will carry on UConn's championship tradition after Breanna graduates.
Losing Jefferson and Stewart will leave big holes to fill (huge holes). But the way the recruiting is going, Geno is doing a pretty good job in filling them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom