2014 C Paschal Chukwu Articles & Video | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2014 C Paschal Chukwu Articles & Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score

929 means a loss of likely 3 points 39/42 = .9285. That was the closest I could get to 929 for one year and would fit with what you said about not having a full load of ships

caw

Reaction Score
GPA doesn't matter at all. You don't even get credit for graduating. All that matters is that you return for school the next semester. That's it. You are only excused from returning if, ONE, you left for the pros having completed the semester (GPA doesn't matter), or TWO, you transferred with at least a 2.3 GPA, or THREE, you graduated. That's it.

Thought they increased it to a 2.6?

caw

Reaction Score

When did they transfer out? End of season or mid?

How many scholarship players did PC have?

When did Sidiki Johnson start counting?

It's quite possible that Coleman and Giplaye were OK.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
So back to Paschal Chukwu, I'm hearing Texas is getting involved.

Reaction Score
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...rictions-are-due-to-vengeful-ads-and-coaches/

It was originally a 2.3, but has since been raised a season or 2 ago.

It's crazy. Why would a transfer be subject to this but not a kid that takes off as a freshman for the pros?

When I was "training" as a college instructor (masters' student, only 24 years old) I was told that my class GPA average had to be a 2.7. We had to grade on a curve, and at the end of semester, I needed to be within .1 of that curve.

That means that the average student in my class would be borderline failing the APR if he were to transfer! But if he was going to the pros, I could give him a 1.0!!!

Reaction Score
It's crazy. Why would a transfer be subject to this but not a kid that takes off as a freshman for the pros?

When I was "training" as a college instructor (masters' student, only 24 years old) I was told that my class GPA average had to be a 2.7. We had to grade on a curve, and at the end of semester, I needed to be within .1 of that curve.

That means that the average student in my class would be borderline failing the APR if he were to transfer! But if he was going to the pros, I could give him a 1.0!!!
Thanks for the sanity checks on the NCAA rules you provide. I wish the idiotic columnists that keep harping on APR rankings would read your posts before writing their trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom