2014 8-Man rotation | The Boneyard

2014 8-Man rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Usually by the end of the season, the major minutes (more than 5-8 per game) have been whittled down to 8 guys. The past 2 years, it seems to be the guys KO trusts the most, and the guys who contribute significantly on defense.

The 2014-15 team, providing that both Boat and DD return, seems to be loaded with talent. But who will be the 8 guys KO trusts to not turn the ball over, and play D ? I have a hard time finding less than 9 myself.

1. Boat - Cassell
2. TSam - Purvis
3. DHam - Omar
4. DD - Facey - Lubin
5. AB - Phil

I know that many will say that putting TSam over Purvis on the depth chart is insane, but i am a HUGE TSam fan. He really showed that he could play during the latter part of the season, and in the tourney. I think the 3 of TS, RP, and Boat could essentially share minutes nearly equally, and we will see the 3 PG lineup we saw this year at times. Hopefully we can keep them fresh during tough games late in the season too.

I have a feeling the 8 guys will be
Boat(1/2), TSam(1/2), Purvis(1/2/3)
DHam(3), DD(3/4), Facey(4), Phil(4/5), Brimah(5)

I just don't know if Omar can be frosh Omar, OR if he's a better option than anyone in front of him. In my opinion he really needs to improve his handle because KO likes to have multiple ball handlers on the floor at all times, and with RP here now (similar size, can guard similar positions, and a better ball handler), i can't find a spot. He's one of the main reasons this list is so hard.

Could we go 9 or 10 deep late in the season ? That doesn't happen to anyone very often, but we are very talented. And who knows what Cassell and Lubin will do when they get here. We had no idea that Brimah would be what he is when this season started. Many were speculating that he would red shirt. That's why I enjoy this exercise every year.

Reaction Score
"Purvis coming off the bench" is the new "DD will play the 3" or "Boat should be the 6th man", the kid didn't transfer from NC State and a guaranteed starting job to come off the bench here. Boat and Purvis as the starting backcourt is as easy to pencil in as Bazz and Boat starting together beginning with the 2012 season, no need to overthink this one.

Reaction Score
Purvis will lead UCONN in scoring next year. Don't under estimate his ability. He will be the next great Husky!

Reaction Score
I agree with the general sentiment here; I think Purvis starts from day 1. I think he'll be here for two years before he leaves after his Junior year for the NBA.

Samuel will probably start his Junior and Senior years, and as a stud Senior he will lead us to another title.

Reaction Score
I'm curious as to what Purvis has improved the most during the past year. I think this team is going to make a seamless transition going into next season if DD stays.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
testiculo2testiculo

Those four guards TS Purvis Jr and Boat are really all interchangeable at the 1-2. Very versatile back court next year.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think Hamilton comes off the bench. I can't see him taking Purvis' spot, and I also think T-Sam will be our floor general next year.

Reaction Score
I think Hamilton comes off the bench. I can't see him taking Purvis' spot, and I also think T-Sam will be our floor general next year.

He wouldn't be taking Purvis' spot - he would be at the 3. Provided DD and RB come back...

1 - Boat
2 - Purvis
3 - Hamilton/Omar (you'd think Hamilton would have the edge based on ability but Omar knows he has something to prove)
4 - DD
5 - Brimah/Nolan (hoping Brimah continues to improve over the summer and claims the starting spot, with Phil as a solid, experienced backup)

Then we'd bring T-Sam and Cassell off the bench at guards, Omar (or DH) off the bench at the 3, Facey and Nolan off the bench as bigs. Rock and Leon will have the opportunity to earn minutes as well.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He wouldn't be taking Purvis' spot - he would be at the 3. Provided DD and RB come back...

1 - Boat
2 - Purvis
3 - Hamilton/Omar (you'd think Hamilton would have the edge based on ability but Omar knows he has something to prove)
4 - DD
5 - Brimah/Nolan (hoping Brimah continues to improve over the summer and claims the starting spot, with Phil as a solid, experienced backup)

Then we'd bring T-Sam and Cassell off the bench at guards, Omar (or DH) off the bench at the 3, Facey and Nolan off the bench as bigs. Rock and Leon will have the opportunity to earn minutes as well.

Purvis or T-Sam can play the 3, so it comes down to whether or not Hamilton starts over one of the two of them (assuming Boat comes back).

Reaction Score
Ollie will be able to mix and match the guards depending on who is playing at both ends. We may see our best scoring team in a while as well as the best defensive team. It could be a historic season for men and women.

Reaction Score
TSam is the wild card at guard. His confidence has to be sky high, and with his postseason experience and contributions, I'm positive he will be an integral part of the offense/defense pushing for starter's minutes. I'm just saying don't sleep on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom