2013 Transfer Frenzy Continues | The Boneyard

2013 Transfer Frenzy Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was wondering what people thought about this information. Is 2013 an aberration or is this a trend in WBB?

http://prospectsnation.com/story/2013-transfer-frenzy-continues

This year has been a busy one on the transfer front, especially with regards to the elite players from the class of 2013. To date 14 players ranked in the ProspectsNation.com ELITE 100 from the 2013 class have transferred or are in the process of doing so. Six of those transfers were ranked in the top 20.

Transfer-Table2.jpg

In addition to the players noted above, multiple sources linked to another top 40 player from the

While the reasons for the numerous high-level player transfers vary there are still three top 20 players yet to decide their landing spot, leading to as much speculation as to the ‘why’...

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
some may relate to Diamond - herself, others who joined her, others who didn't join her, and others affected because of slots that became open or shut?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Should probably include Sierra Calhoun in the list even if she left Duke mid season.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
some may relate to Diamond - herself, others who joined her, others who didn't join her, and others affected because of slots that became open or shut?

This is a popular theory among many. Keep in mind that the UNC coup was even a surprise to Hatchell. I think that situation just had a domino effect on the rest of the class. Mavunga was tied to some BIG Ten schools and Washington was "thought" to be headed to a BIG12 school and then they all joined each other at UNC. And then we know what happened after that.......

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Should probably include Sierra Calhoun in the list even if she left Duke mid season.

Well thats the class of 2014...... the class of 2014 transfer frenzy thread will be posted next May

This is a popular theory among many. Keep in mind that the UNC coup was even a surprise to Hatchell. I think that situation just had a domino effect on the rest of the class. Mavunga was tied to some BIG Ten schools and Washington was "thought" to be headed to a BIG12 school and then they all joined each other at UNC. And then we know what happened after that..

I thought Washington said that UNC was her dream school ?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dont they all say that?

No.... I only hear/read that occasionally. If she was from NC... then I would have expected her to say that.... but to read that from a kid in Oklahoma... it stood out to me.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
No.... I only hear/read that occasionally. If she was from NC... then I would have expected her to say that.... but to read that from a kid in Oklahoma... it stood out to me.

Ooops. I meant "didn't" they all (referring to the 4 that signed with UNC)....

Reaction Score
Well thats the class of 2014. the class of 2014 transfer frenzy thread will be posted next May

I thought Washington said that UNC was her dream school ?
Yes. And learning to move without the ball.
I know it's politically incorrect for me to laugh at your comment---so I just giggle to myself. Funny.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In addition to the players noted above, multiple sources linked to another top 40 player from the
Please don' t leave us hanging like that. Good post, complete the sentence.

Reaction Score
(from NaturalNews, January 23, 2014) "Wheaties breakfast cereal, manufactured by General Mills, has been found to contain so many microscopic fragments of metal that individual flakes can be lifted and carried using common magnets, a Natural News Forensic Food Lab investigation has found and documented." Hmmmm.

Reaction Score
Please don' t leave us hanging like that. Good post, complete the sentence.

Sorry about that. The commentary came from the article. I will send them a message to see if I can get the complete statement.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sorry about that. The commentary came from the article. I will send them a message to see if I can get the complete statement.
Full quote from the article reads : "In addition to the players noted above, multiple sources linked to another top 40 player from the 2013 class as seriously considering requesting her release."

If it is multiple sources must be true!

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
(from NaturalNews, January 23, 2014) "Wheaties breakfast cereal, manufactured by General Mills, has been found to contain so many microscopic fragments of metal that individual flakes can be lifted and carried using common magnets, a Natural News Forensic Food Lab investigation has found and documented." Hmmmm.

Well that's how food gets fortified with iron.

Love how they go from microscopic pieces to "shards of metal" - nothing like fear mongering from the nut cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom