2013 Recruiting: PF MiKyle McIntosh | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting: PF MiKyle McIntosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

FYI, four guards isn't "plenty". It's the bare minimum for a Div1 school..
It's plenty when 2 of the 4 are the best tandem in college basketball. Boat and Bazz will be playing big minutes of course. Kendall Yancy-Harris would serve no purpose on next year's team. Truth is, we don't need him yet. We need more frontcourt depth, and that is what we'll be receiving if we get MiKyle McIntosh.

Reaction Score
My hopes are we sign this kid and grab a non scholarship ball handler. Ill leave it that

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
My hopes is we sign this kid and grab a non scholarship ball handler. Ill leave it that

i was thinking that finding another evans would be a good idea for our sship situation.

Reactions: caw
D

Deleted member 3149

i was thinking that finding another evans would be a good idea for our sship situation.
The RJE flair will still be there. He's probably gonna be helping out the team next year as a coach if he's still in grad school. I think frontcourt depth is more important right now.

It's different this year becasue we have 0 seniors. That's why RJ is perfect. Next year, we'll have Tyler, Shabazz, and Niels as real seniors who are fighting to leave UConn with a title.

Reaction Score
Something like that might already be in the works. Given this information we should all care about nabbing this kid. Uconns was his favorite, and he just got the offer.

Reaction Score
It's plenty when 2 of the 4 are the best tandem in college basketball. Boat and Bazz will be playing big minutes of course. Kendall Yancy-Harris would serve no purpose on next year's team. Truth is, we don't need him yet. We need more frontcourt depth, and that is what we'll be receiving if we get MiKyle McIntosh.

We're one injury away from being depleted in the backcourt, I don't think you can really say the same about the frontcourt next season. I would take this kid McIntosh in a minute but given Bazz's foot issues another guard wouldn't hurt if he was high profile and not just someone to fill a ship.

Reaction Score
I don't think Dan was referring to what Evans brings to the table, but merely a solid as ball handler that might not need a scholly.

D

Deleted member 3149

We're one injury away from being depleted in the backcourt, I don't think you can really say the same about the frontcourt next season. I would take this kid McIntosh in a minute but given Bazz's foot issues another guard wouldn't hurt if he was high profile and not just someone to fill a ship.
right, but i honestly don't think we'll be playing a 3 guard set next season. IMO, we don't have to.

Reaction Score
right, but i honestly don't think we'll be playing a 3 guard set next season. IMO, we don't have to.

If everyone returns I don't see how we don't start the season with Bazz/Boat/Omar/DD at spots 1-4 again, 5 is anyone's guess.

Reaction Score
How many backup guards do we need? We don't need more than 2 backup pgs at most. over the past few weeks I've realized it's only logical both our guards come back. it would be comical
If both left. Boat still can't run a team and Napier looks fragile.
So Samuels is our backup pg as of now. Napier should be conditioning himself he way kemba did going into '11.
this kid is a priority because he can essentially replace the banality of olander.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The RJE flair will still be there. He's probably gonna be helping out the team next year as a coach if he's still in grad school. I think frontcourt depth is more important right now.

It's different this year becasue we have 0 seniors. That's why RJ is perfect. Next year, we'll have Tyler, Shabazz, and Niels as real seniors who are fighting to leave UConn with a title.

yes. your missing my point. allow me to go a bit more. we had open ships this year to fill based on everything that has happened. we got evans who is seasoned just to fill a 1 year slot so we can re recruit that ship the next year. he provides depth this year. considering things once again this year were going to have extra ships. it would be smart for us to go out and find a 4 year player at a lower level that redshirted 1 of those years who is interested in grad school. he can play 1 year for us next year and provide depth. then we can fill that ship the next year with a stud since were hitting the 2014 class hard.

12-13
1) phil(fr)
2) leon(fr)
3) omar(fr)
4) dd(so)
5) boat(so)
6) bazz(jr)
7) gif(jr)
8) wolf(jr)
9) olander(jr)
10) evans(sr grad)
11) allen(wo by year basis) (this slot was given back for good behavior by ncaa for year 3)
12) final ncaa year
13) final ncaa year

for next year, without taking bazz or wolf off the chart...
13-14
1) phil(so)
2) leon(so)
3) omar(so)
4) dd(jr)
5) boat(jr)
6) bazz(sr)
7) gif(sr)
8) wolf(sr)
9) olander(sr)
10) brimah(fr)
11) facey(fr)
12) samuel(fr)
13)

#13 is open. if we can land a 4th recruit this class thats great. but i didn't take off wolf or bazz. what are the chances that both of those 2 come back????? i would say pretty slim we go 2-2. more like 1-2 or 0-2 seem more likely. so with that being said i think a great idea would to then get another evans type player who cna just give us depth. that sship along with the other seniors would give us a 4 man class atleast. thats what we need to do. its a sketchy game right now. we dont know for sure on bazz or wolf. next year omar, dd and boat could all blow up possibly also. we are in quite the tuff spot sship roster wise. i think a evans type 1 year depth move would be a good idea for this program once again...

Reaction Score
How many backup guards do we need? We don't need more than 2 backup pgs at most. over the past few weeks I've realized it's only logically both our guards come back. it would be comical
If both left. Boat still can't run a team and Napier looks fragile.
So Samuels is our backup pg as of now. Napier should be conditioning himself he way kemba did going into '11.
this kid is a priority because he can essentially replace the banality of olander.

The reality is that if Bazz and Boat are both here and healthy they'll be playing close to 35 min a game because the team will likely be at its best with both of them on the floor(assuming Boat cleans his game up some and improves), so there really won't be any minutes for a backup PG/combo and they'll be learning in practice and by watching. But one injury can change that, as we saw Saturday with Boat having to do so much of the creating in the halfcourt, and similar in the Pitt game when Bazz was limited. I would much rather have a guard but if there aren't any out there that aren't reaches McIntosh should be a priority since it seems like he can play both the 3 and 4. Seems like the type of athletic player that would fit in with what KO wants to do going forward .

Reaction Score
Injuries worry me with Napier. Though he's made alot of shots this year he looks brittle on his drives compared to his reckless freshman year. It makes me question his long term potential and why the hell he would leave. Boat for some reason seems like Teflon. he hasn't had a major low body injury his first two years. It's hard to predict stuff like this.
We all need to sit and wait to see what Samuels could do. is he average? Was he an underrated recruit? Also how much Calhoun learns? he needs to learn to dribble with confidence.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Mik Mac paddywack send it in Jerome. There you go Raff. Use at your discretion.

Reaction Score
Wow he looks like a great ball handler and could play some point, I would swear its a different kid!

Reaction Score
We need to lock this kid up, the more I've seen and read about him I think he would be a perfect fit., he is severely underrated.

Reaction Score
Assuming everyone stays, MiKyle McIntosh is the perfect addition to next year's team. Why? Because he provides depth.

We have plenty of guards. Yarders think we need KY-H, but in reality, we don't. We have Boat, Bazz, Omar, and Terrence. Plenty of guards to play a 2 guard set, or a 3 guard set. All of them can shoot, and all of them can handle the ball. (yes, to all you boatright haters, he can handle the ball better than just about anyone i've seen come through uconn.)

We would have plenty to fill in at the 3/4 spot. With DeAndre, Niels, and MiKyle, every minute on the floor will be productive with these guys. Athleticism, defensive skill, and ability to make baskets.

And of course, we'll have big men. Kentan, Amida, Tyler, and Phil. All can play the 5, and can even sub in at the 4.

SIGN THIS KID

I don't think there's plenty of guards. Omar's played the 3 this year, may need to play it again next year, and you can argue it's his best position right now. I would be surprised if Bazz comes back. And there's a chance Boatright could leave (though I don't think he's ready. So assuming Boatright comes back, UConn could be starting Samuel, Bazz, and Calhoun at the 1, 2, and 3, respectively, and have no depth.

Reaction Score
Probably 1 of the only times I would be ten toes in with UConn twitter-ers courting him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom