2013-2014 UConn Schedule is out | The Boneyard

2013-2014 UConn Schedule is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
posted in the blogs: http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2013/08/28/uconn-unveils-2013-14-regular-season-schedule-2/

The AAC has also announced its schedule of nationally televised games. http://courantblogs.com/uconn-women/the-american-announces-its-television-schedule/

So, for UConn, looks like games against following opponents (10) on ESPN family:

Stanford ESPN2
Maryland ESPNU
Ohio State ESPN2
Cal ESPN2
Duke ESPN2
Cinn ESPNU
Baylor ESPN2
Rutgers ESPN2
Louisville ESPN
Louisville ESPN2
AAC Tourney ESPNU/ESPN

Games against following opponents (3) on CBSSN:

USF
USF
Rutgers

Despite playing in a weaker conference, as Jim Fuller notes: "[n]obody can accuse the defending national champions for taking the easy road in the quest for a record ninth title.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Nine games on the 2012-2013 regular season schedule were televised nationally (ESPN fam/CBS/CBSSN) while 13 games on the 2013-2014 regular season schedule will be televised nationally (ESPN fam/CBSSN).

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Thanks UConncat....For anyone wondering, my thread w/ the schedule I found was taken down by Nan at the request of UConn. According to Nan, they were very apologetic and nice about their request. I'm good w/ anything Nan does. Please use the new "official" schedule, as it has virtually the same dates but also has more TV info.

For having uncovered secret information prematurely, I accept my punishment of having to drive cross country w/ icebear, doggy and meyers wearing a Duke uniform and discussing only "post-impressionistic modern art and cubism".....:eek:
DinN

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Thanks UConncat....For anyone wondering, my thread w/ the schedule I found was taken down by Nan at the request of UConn. According to Nan, they were very apologetic and nice about their request. I'm good w/ anything Nan does. Please use the new "official" schedule, as it has virtually the same dates but also has more TV info.

For having uncovered secret information prematurely, I accept my punishment of having to drive cross country w/ icebear, doggy and meyers wearing a Duke uniform and discussing only "post-impressionistic modern art and cubism".....:eek:
DinN

"post-impressionistic modern art and cubism"?

You got off light. You could have been sentenced to discussing the starting line-up and height of Bria Hartley, and various recruits..

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

DinN

My, my, my...they do keep an eye on the 'Yard after all....;)

Reaction Score
Glad to see the Memphis game is at the FedEx Forum. I was looking at some of the new AAC arenas last night and the Memphis women play in a gym that is smaller than a lot of high school gyms.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Some observations from Carl Adamec and Jim Fuller:
  • No MLK day game for the first time since 1994
  • No game against Providence for the first time since 1974-1975
  • No game against Notre Dame for the first time since 1994-1995
  • No CBS game on NFL playoff Saturday for the first time since 1995

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Such a joy to know where I will be traveling at 4pm on New Year's Day.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
[ ]No game against Providence for the first time since 1974-1975

Back when (well. shortly after) Doris Burke was pencilling in the automatic win against UConn

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
My, my, my...they do keep an eye on the 'Yard after all....;)

They don't have to. They can just watch their server logs and see where requests for pages/images come from when someone requests a non-public item.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
They don't have to. They can just watch their server logs and see where requests for pages/images come from when someone requests a non-public item.
Not sure it was "non public".... I was on the public front page of the UConn Women's Basketball site and clicked on "calendar"....the whole sports calendar opened and I went month by month to see women's basketball games....still, I should get a strong lecture from Shea Ralph, over dinner.....;)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
All I know is this. I am taking my my little girl to the Stanford game, and I'll be damned if I do anything other than that.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
One other point: Stanford, Maryland, and PSU within one week is a heck of a mini-gauntlet. I love UConn's team, but if they go 3-0 without seeming seriously tested, you really have to like UCOnn's chances more than folks do now. And should they lose a game, watch for the litany of gauntlet excuses.

Either way, I'm jacked.

Reaction Score
So schedule is out, but the home games don't show which are at Gampel and which are at XL? That is kind of annoying. I will be in Cancun for two weeks and will miss one, two or none games - depending on where those two home games will be.

Any idea when they will actually announce WHERE the home games will be???

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

DinN

thats hardly punishment... the uniform part of course.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
So schedule is out, but the home games don't show which are at Gampel and which are at XL? That is kind of annoying. I will be in Cancun for two weeks and will miss one, two or none games - depending on where those two home games will be.

Any idea when they will actually announce WHERE the home games will be???

Identifying where the home games will be played must be more complicated than it seems, although one has to believe that ESPN knows where (Gampel, XL, etc.) to send their trucks and crews on game days.

But here is a little detective work to get started:
  • The two exhibition games (Nov. 1 and 6) will surely be at Gampel.
  • Ditto those three games in November (Nov. 22, 23, 24).
  • Jan. 11 game in Bridgeport.
  • Nov. 9 game (vs. Hartford) likely in Hartford.
  • Dec. 1 game in Springfield and Dec. 22 game in NYC.
  • Beyond the above, strictly guesswork, though one is tempted to expect a couple "big" games (i.e., Stanford on Nov. 11, Louisville on Feb. 9) to be in Hartford (sell more tix), but no guarantees.
I think Rebecca Lobo still lives in Granby. Call her. She'll know.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
DinN
Well we probably wouldn't get very far before we killed each other.....or got arrested. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ok, what am I missing? If you are in Cancun, what does it matter if the games are at Gampel or XL (Veteran's Memorial)?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Identifying where the home games will be played must be more complicated than it seems, although one has to believe that ESPN knows where (Gampel, XL, etc.) to send their trucks and crews on game days.

• [ ]The two exhibition games (Nov. 1 and 6) will surely be at Gampel.

"surely" is a bit strong. They have usually been in Gampel, but the game against Holy Family was in the Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
"surely" is a bit strong. They have usually been in Gampel, but the game against Holy Family was in the Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

Thanks, Phil. Change "surely" to "prolly.";)

Now I wish that person in the UConn AD who ratted DinN out would persuade Warde Manuel to fill in the blanks and put us out of our collective anxiety.

Reaction Score
Ok, what am I missing? If you are in Cancun, what does it matter if the games are at Gampel or XL (Veteran's Memorial)?
So I can plan to try to sell my ticket - gotta pay for my margarita's, ya know?

Reaction Score

• [ ]The two exhibition games (Nov. 1 and 6) will surely be at Gampel.
    [ ]Ditto those three games in November (Nov. 22, 23, 24).
    [ ]Jan. 11 game in Bridgeport.
    [ ]Nov. 9 game (vs. Hartford) likely in Hartford.
    [ ]Dec. 1 game in Springfield and Dec. 22 game in NYC.
    [ ]Beyond the above, strictly guesswork, though one is tempted to expect a couple "big" games (i.e., Stanford on Nov. 11, Louisville on Feb. 9) to be in Hartford (sell more tix), but no guarantees.
I think Rebecca Lobo still lives in Granby. Call her. She'll know.

For the last several years UConn women’s basketball has had one exhibition game in Hartford and one at Storrs. I see no reason why that would change for this coming season, especially since there are 9 games at Gampel and 8 games in Hartford, a pretty even split of games. I seriously doubt both exhibition games will be played in Storrs.

I’m thinking the Hartford game will probably be in Gampel, simply because the opening game of the season usually ends up in Storrs. We’ll have to see about that one, as this is an easy tradition to change.

In trying to predict what venue games are going to end up in, it is a good idea to check the Hartford Wolfpack schedule at the XL Center. There are Wolfpack home games on Feb. 4 and Mar. 1, so it is a good bet that these games will be in Storrs.

Also, it sounds like that the UConn Men’s Hockey holiday tournament will be played in Hartford on Dec. 29-30. The Bridgeport Sound Tigers hockey team also plays at home on Dec. 29, so I would think that the game against Cincinnati on that date will be played at Gampel, a rare game in Storrs during the winter break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom