20 wins or beating Providence? | The Boneyard

20 wins or beating Providence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously I prefer 21 wins by beating USF and Providence.....Do we play Bazz against USF if he can go but is limited and risk further injury or rest him to heal more for Providence? Sounds like Giffey is done for the year.

I say rest Bazz vs USF and hope Calhoun's wrist lets him shoot better. We try and win at USF with Boat, Evans, Calhoun, Daniels, Nolan/Olander and some minutes from Tolksdorf.

Beating USF for 20 wins would be a great but we need a healthier Bazz vs the Providence guards. Our final BE game ever, at Gampel and against the Friars is where we should make our last stand this season and get that 20th(or 21st) win.

caw

Reaction Score
Assuming UConn could only get one, I'd want to beat PC solely because it would save the board a bunch of moronic posts by PC fans. Does USF have fans that know how to use the Internet?

Reaction Score
I would say lose to USF then beat Providence and get the 20th win. Obviously, the 20 wins are great but the win over Providence would be amazing. It would shut up all of the Providence trolls on this board until we play next, show our New England supremacy again, and they wouldn't make the NCAA tournament!

Reaction Score
They have beaten us at Gampel but that time they they had an NBA player on their team!!!! We can't lose to them, in the last game we will ever play against them> GO HUSKIES!!!:)

Reaction Score
I want to have the honor of saying "Take that Providence again!"

Reaction Score
The season has already surpassed my expectations. The character, grit and determination of this squad has been a joy to witness. That having been said, we are short in stature and in personnel. Our guys are very beat up due to fewer players having to shoulder a lot of responsibility. Winning at SF is possible without Bazz of Giff as long as we continue to get production from PN and perhaps TO and even LT. Regardless of any personell issues, WE MUST BEAT peecee AT GAMPEL. It's the last game of the season, it's our last time facing that God-forsaken program, it's on our true home court, and it's always fun to be able to silence the moronic and delusional peecee fans if only for a little while (we all know that peecee fans like to look at history through broken glasses (and dreams). If striving for mediocrity is what you're looking for, then I give you peecee.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
21 WINS AND ENDING OUR BIG EAST LEGACY WITH A BIG WIN OVER pc IS THE ONLY WAY TO FINISH!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
We will not have Providence on our regular schedule in the near future.
We want to win every game we play.

Reaction Score
Is there a worse fate for husky fans than the thought of your last ever game in the BE being a home loss to PC?

Saturday will be electric. I hope SN is ok. I want your best shot.

Reaction Score
Is there a worse fate for husky fans than the thought of your last ever game in the BE being a home loss to PC?

The thought of our last ever Big East game being within a week is what sucks:(

So sad to think the end is near (and we can't play in the last tournament)! Sucks!!!!!!!

Reaction Score

Uh, yes. Having to play dregs like Houston and Tulane for one thing.

I won't sleep any better or worse if UConn loses to PC than I would after any other game. Your team is irrelevant to me.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Uh, yes. Having to play dregs like Houston and Tulane for one thing.

I won't sleep any better or worse if UConn loses to PC than I would after any other game. Your team is irrelevant to me.
Houston is far more accomplished thanPC.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Because with a conference full of mid-majors we won't need to schedule another ooc

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

There's no logical reason not to schedule Providence.

Reaction Score
Why are people going to buy tix because the Providence Friars are rolling into town? .

caw

Reaction Score

Why are people going to buy tix because the Providence Friars are rolling into town? .

I honestly would love a series with PC H/N/A/N? Maybe the N's in Boston then NY/Brooklyn. It's better to play PC than Quinnipiac, or Fairfield.

Of the C7, Marquette, SHU and Nova can rot. PC does bring some local flair to it, so I wouldn't mind it, it wouldn't be first on my list though as it brings no recruiting advantage with it. Georgetown would be fun and keeps UConn in DC/Maryland area, Maryland would be better. SJU would be OK if it's in MSG, if not f'em. DePaul is worthless, I'd rather play Northwestern.

ND can blow. UL and Cuse would be fun to keep alive. Could care less about sPitt. Rutgers would be OK if it's in NYC.

Reaction Score

You're not getting it (our best shot)....Giffey is bigger than people think he's not playing and there's no way that foot will be better for Bazz......hey you have to win games no matter and in all reality if you need it for the resume and hope, take it and run!!

We get to watch the progression of Nolan and others but 20 wins is now going to be tough.

Reaction Score
It would take a bit of pressure off the travel budget which is going to go up in a big way next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom