$2 Miller Lite Night is back | Page 4 | The Boneyard

$2 Miller Lite Night is back

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I drank Miller Lites exclusively for beer from last seasons Providence game all the way to the Natty in Houston. I am willing to do my part again if we go back to back.
I do the same. Normally I drink a nice IPA, but if a big away game is coming up and I'm watching it at home, I grab some Millers. I did not do this until last year.

Reaction Score
Lived on those my senior year (42 years ago). You could get a case for $5 and change (plus tax and deposit). You needed to down two or three before they became tolerable.
I like PBR and Hamms. They're both popular out here and if I'm not in the mood for the heavy stuff I have some tall boy retros.

Reaction Score
Beat me to it. But the beer snobs, myself included, would love to see AD Dave and Nate share snifters of Treehouse barleywine at their Woodstock location and hammer out an agreement to sell $2 Julius cans at Gampel.
$2 Julius would result in a vomit filled Gampel. Most people can’t pound those all night and the college kids would try to prove they can. It would be a disaster.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I like PBR and Hamms. They're both popular out here and if I'm not in the mood for the heavy stuff I have some tall boy retros.
Those were Red, White & Blues; Pabst's B label. PBR's were top shelf in comparison.

Other beers that a college student in the very early 1980's could afford were Carling and Matt's (made the first beer ball).

Reaction Score
Sorry, Genny Cream Ale was like Heineken compared to these upstate NY bargains in the 70's:
Iroquois and Duquesne. $4 for a case of long necks, yes $1 per six pack. Anybody else have the pleasure??

Reaction Score
Between those bottle caps and the old pop top hand grenade Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor bottles.....................

Mickeys was the first “beer” I ever threw up. I still have the t-shirt they were giving out when I bought it.

Reaction Score
$2 Julius would result in a vomit filled Gampel. Most people can’t pound those all night and the college kids would try to prove they can. It would be a disaster.
Lol you old heads don’t even know what four loko is

We millenials and younger have done more than you know

BuT mUh KeGgErS iN tHe JuNgLe

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Sorry, Genny Cream Ale was like Heineken compared to these upstate NY bargains in the 70's:
Iroquois and Duquesne. $4 for a case of long necks, yes $1 per six pack. Anybody else have the pleasure??
Uhm, Hulls (the original, not the restart) says "hold my beer."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Well, Heineken in the states is trash beer. Every beer in the US in green glass is trash. Heiny's over in Europe are tasty.

Reaction Score
Well, Heineken in the states is trash beer. Every beer in the US in green glass is trash. Heiny's over in Europe are tasty.
Have you ever tasted the difference between Molson and Labatts purchased domestically versus in Canada? Night and Day. Worth the drive from Rochester to O' Canada

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Have you ever tasted the difference between Molson and Labatts purchased domestically versus in Canada? Night and Day. Worth the drive from Rochester to O' Canada

Lived in Rachacha for college. We made many a runs north of the border for Canadian beers.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Mickeys was the first “beer” I ever threw up. I still have the t-shirt they were giving out when I bought it.
I thought you were going to say I still have the shirt I threw up on.

My brother-in-law (RIP) used to drink Steel Reserve. We keep one around for the holidays when several of us pour one out for him and then take turns sipping it as we hold our noses. It’s…really disgusting stuff.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hartford Athletic has Headway and Ice Cream Man on $2 Beer Night.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
What was the Green Death crap at UConn in late 70s? Talk about nasty! Heffenreffer?
Pretty sure that was Malt based and still around in the mid 90’s when I was there. I used to funnel 40’s of it when I lived in the jungle!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom