2 CT kids may be picked in the 1st round in 2013 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2 CT kids may be picked in the 1st round in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The kid played football for 2 years at Salisbury high School and you guy's say he has no CT ties? You guys don't know if he had or has family in CT!

Sio Moore is from New Haven, CT (if some of you guys didn't know) and played 3 years of high school at North Carolina. And if you look at his bio it states he's from Apex, NC not CT, so he has NC ties are you going to disagree with that?

So Bjoern Werner is from CT just like Sio Moore is from NC

He did not go to Salisbury High School. There isn't one. He went to a prep school located in Salisbury, CT for two years.

Reaction Score
If I was born in VA, raised in CT up to 7th grade, took a family vacation to Disney World, spent 8th thru 10th grade in Hawaii, and finished up high school in VT.......what would my ties be?

For the love of God.

Reaction Score
If I was born in VA, raised in CT up to 7th grade, took a family vacation to Disney World, spent 8th thru 10th grade in Hawaii, and finished up high school in VT.......what would my ties be?

For the love of God.

VA, CT, Disney world, Hawaii, and VT is last so if you were offered a scholarship you would be technically from VT!

Reaction Score
A European kid going to a prep school in a corner of the state that thinks it is in New York does not give him ties to the State of Connecticut.
Do the folks here not understand the difference between a local public school and a prep?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If I had moved to say Virginia my Junior year of High School I think I would still consider myself a CT kid with Virginia ties, not the other way around.

Reaction Score
This must mean there is a high school in Maryland that will have three kids taken in the first round.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Do the folks here not understand the difference between a local public school and a prep?

Apparently not all. Nor can he read and copy. The article repeatedly refers to "the Salisbury School," which is not the same as the non-existent Salisbury High School.

Reaction Score
Apparently not all. Nor can he read and copy. The article repeatedly refers to "the Salisbury School," which is not the same as the non-existent Salisbury High School.

He still played in CT, so does it make a difference?

Reaction Score
He still played in CT, so does it make a difference?

If you go to a public high school, it means you and your family presumably live in a community. He was sent to a prep school that happened to be in CT for two years so he could play football. If you don't think that distinction is important to whether or not someone is a CT kid, I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score
If you go to a public high school, it means you and your family presumably live in a community. He was sent to a prep school that happened to be in CT for two years so he could play football. If you don't think that distinction is important to whether or not someone is a CT kid, I don't know what to tell you.

Again did he live in CT for those 2 years? When you look at his profile it says Salisbury, CT not Germany! I understand that's where he came from, but he lived in the state of CT for, again, 2 years!

Reaction Score
Wanted to bump this thread with the hopes that this fascinating conversation continues right through the Syracuse game to ease my pain.

Reaction Score
So if a Brookfield kid goes to Canterbury instead public high school and he plays football at Illinois, does he count as a CT kid?

Or if a kid from Mexico decides he wants to play American Football so he has the means to enroll at Avon Old Farms because the Mexican League won't cut it. Later on he gets a scholarship and plays for North Carolina. Is he not at least a CT product to some degree? The school is in the state, it's an asset. It produces some decent football players, an NHL hall of famer etc..

I still get a kick out of Trevardo Williams playing a PG year at Canterbury. He must have been a beast in that league.

Reaction Score
So if a Brookfield kid goes to Canterbury instead public high school and he plays football at Illinois, does he count as a CT kid?

Or if a kid from Mexico decides he wants to play American Football so he has the means to enroll at Avon Old Farms because the Mexican League won't cut it. Later on he gets a scholarship and plays for North Carolina. Is he not at least a CT product to some degree? The school is in the state, it's an asset. It produces some decent football players, an NHL hall of famer etc..

I still get a kick out of Trevardo Williams playing a PG year at Canterbury. He must have been a beast in that league.

Thanks ZooCougar I think businesslawyer was looking to argue with someone... And again to everyone this post wasn't to show the coaches made a mistake not going after these kids harder ( They should have though) I wanted to share with you guys that the kids from CT are having a great career in College football and will be first round picks, that's all ! If you have a problem with Bjoern Werner being labeled as a CT kid businesslawyer go attack ESPN or Rivals etc... :D

Reaction Score
I know we recruited the German kid. I wasn't trying to take dig at Edsall (although he is Bizlaw's sacred cow).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom