$2 Beer Night is Here | Page 3 | The Boneyard

$2 Beer Night is Here

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I know past games were listed as sellouts, but this truly felt like a sellout. Longest food/beer lines all year, longest car train out of the garage all year. Shout out the $2 beers and an awesome year at Gampel. Despite my handle, Gampel was much more fun than XL this year.

Reaction Score
I know past games were listed as sellouts, but this truly felt like a sellout. Longest food/beer lines all year, longest car train out of the garage all year. Shout out the $2 beers and an awesome year at Gampel. Despite my handle, Gampel was much more fun than XL this year.
I was at the Seton Hall game. Were you the guy dressed up as Hurley and being shown on the Jumbotron?

Reaction Score
The guy next to me at the game (don't know him) , claimed he has a friend who works for the distributor. He said his friend told him the $2 beer promo was to reduce inventory at Gampel since it was the last game of the year there. Makes some sense but who knows?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The guy next to me at the game (don't know him) , claimed he has a friend who works for the distributor. He said his friend told him the $2 beer promo was to reduce inventory at Gampel since it was the last game of the year there. Makes some sense but who knows?
Sounds BS. How could there be an inventory when they never sell it to begin with. The Millers they normally sell at Gampel are the screw tops. They never sell small beers anywhere anymore, and that’s what were $2 tonight.

Reaction Score
Sounds BS. How could there be an inventory when they never sell it to begin with. The Millers they normally sell at Gampel are the screw tops. They never sell small beers anywhere anymore, and that’s what were $2 tonight.
I work in the industry. More likely it's to reduce inventory at the distributor since it's been a really slow first 2 months of the year, so they negotiated a deep buy and the AD went all in on it as a promo. It's possible the venue wanted a discount for the event (maybe Hurley pushed for it) and brewery/distributor agreed on a special deep buy. Could go either way. But a sporting event has very regular beer buying demands (it's usually the same amount of people drinking roughly the same amount), and considering attendance is up this year, they wouldn't have randomly had too much beer.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I work in the industry. More likely it's to reduce inventory at the distributor since it's been a really slow first 2 months of the year, so they negotiated a deep buy and the AD went all in on it as a promo. It's possible the venue wanted a discount for the event (maybe Hurley pushed for it) and brewery/distributor agreed on a special deep buy. Could go either way. But a sporting event has very regular beer buying demands (it's usually the same amount of people drinking roughly the same amount), and considering attendance is up this year, they wouldn't have randomly had too much beer.
No it’s because I asked him to do it.
9BD450DE-99DB-4750-98D4-319560E7F3B6.jpeg

Reaction Score
Here now:

They are going through a lot!
I watched the rebroadcast early this morning. One young fan who may have been a student was stacking up quite a few cans on a high top table. Probably 50 or more.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They needed to do something to get the fans up to Storrs on a weeknight.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We want more…more of that…secret formula.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom