1st Bracketology of the Year | The Boneyard

1st Bracketology of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Anybody besides me think that putting out a bracket before the season even starts is a tad foolish?:confused:
YES! Though foolish is probably too mild a term, and you can absolutely drop the 'tad'!:cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Question - do people really think Stanford will be as high as a two seed this year. Great coach, but does she have the horses?

Other than that, the two seeds are all tough in this bracketology - and I don't think Uconn/OSU is any tougher than TN/Baylor or SC/FSU - at least on paper before anyone plays a game.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Well, early brackets keep Charlie Crème on the payroll most of the year.....but how weird is it that USF is on our bracket. Also weird to send them to A&M when (possibly) the Mississippi site is closer to FL than TX.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Well it certainly gives us more to talk/complain about just before the season truly kicks off. I love to complain so I'm fine with it.

Reaction Score
I didn't think that Ohio State should be so high, but we'll know pretty quickly what they are made of; they open the season at #2 South Carolina on Friday, then host UConn on Monday. Can you imagine opening the season against the #2 & #1 teams? McGuff has a lot of guts making that scheduling move; we'll see if that translates to guile.

Reaction Score
Anybody besides me think that putting out a bracket before the season even starts is a tad foolish?:confused:
I like the preseason take, its a nice talking point. We get a baseline of what a recognized expert thinks before the season starts.

Reaction Score
Strange presentation. Some teams are in all caps, others contain lower case letters. Some teams are associated with conferences, others aren't. It looks like when a team has lower case, there's no conference associated with it. I thought UCLA and TCU were exceptions till I realized it would display the same either way. Anybody know what that's about? Does it look like the teams in all caps are those that Charlie also thinks will be that conference's champ?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If this is anywhere close to reality I want to lodge my protest right now. ND's bracket is a cake walk! Stanford (yes Stanford) is the 2 seed in that bracket!

Reaction Score
Strange presentation. Some teams are in all caps, others contain lower case letters. Some teams are associated with conferences, others aren't. It looks like when a team has lower case, there's no conference associated with it. I thought UCLA and TCU were exceptions till I realized it would display the same either way. Anybody know what that's about? Does it look like the teams in all caps are those that Charlie also thinks will be that conference's champ?
Teams in all caps are conference champions (projected), non-caps teams are at-large entries.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think there is an error in the bracket in the Bridgeport region. South Florida is the 5th seed in that region, which means that the Bulls would play UConn in the Sweet Sixteen if they won in the first and second rounds. Unless the rules have changed, members of the same conference aren't supposed to be able to meet until the Regional Final (the Elite Eight). So this bracket would not be "legal".

I certainly hope that USF and UConn are not in the same regional for the second straight year. With only two teams from the AAC in the tournament, how much trouble can it be to put them in different regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom