#19 in CBS Sportsline Poll. They are not impressed yet. | The Boneyard

#19 in CBS Sportsline Poll. They are not impressed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
They didn't move a single team. Either blindingly lazy or a SNAFU.

Reaction Score
If you do not move a #7 or a#12 after a crappy loss you simply do not care about your ranking. Lets post the 2-3 that matter the coaches, AP maybe USA today. In my ranking system we are number 7 and I dropped UNC to 24 if that makes anyone feel better.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the fact that they update it constantly can be confusing. You'll notice UNC isn't on there, so you know it changed from last week even if it says the previous is the same for each team.

Reaction Score
If you do not move a #7 or a#12 after a crappy loss you simply do not care about your ranking. Lets post the 2-3 that matter the coaches, AP maybe USA today. In my ranking system we are number 7 and I dropped UNC to 24 if that makes anyone feel better.
I have us Number 10, and I dropped UNC all the way out from Number 9 a week ago. Can't struggle with a bad Holy Cross team, then LOSE to an Ohio Valley team (although Belmont has historically been a very good low-mid major), both at the Dean Dome. Shouldn't lose to anyone in that building, to be frank.

Reaction Score
We beat 3 teams that at best would be considered ordinary. Only blew out the worst of the 3. No real reason to move us up or down at this point. Win the next few and the liklihood of moving up in the polls increases.

Reaction Score
Yes, we only beat cupcakes. And... the teams in front of us have only beaten cupcakes too!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Virginia? They should not be ranked ahead of us at the least... you can argue that the other 1-loss teams played tougher opponents to merit them not dropping further. (Also, don't think VCU is that good.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
McKayla is the one voting and she's not impressed.

maroney_rect1.jpg

Reaction Score
Too early to tell anything yet. MSU struggling at home for 2nd game in a row against Portland.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Too early to tell anything yet. MSU struggling at home for 2nd game in a row against Portland.
I felt Kansas and Duke were better than Kentucky and MSU in those match ups. MSU struggles in the half court. They had a good match up with an inexperienced Kentucky team to take advantage of turnovers. Randle is great. Curious to see how other players develop on the Kentucky squad.

Unlike football the season is long and there are a lot of cross conference match ups to give us a better impression who the better teams are going into the tournament. Outside of a few questions about who is in and who is out, the NCAA panel isn't too far off the mark.

Reaction Score
Virginia? They should not be ranked ahead of us at the least... you can argue that the other 1-loss teams played tougher opponents to merit them not dropping further. (Also, don't think VCU is that good.)
I saw the UVA / VCU game as well as the VCU / Winthrop game and you are correct. It's a good story for the media so they move upu. If UVA hits their normal FT% they win comfortably. UVA didn't have any real trouble with Havoc. Saturday, Winthrop gave VCU a game....they won by 20 but it was a lot closer than that for far too long. Fun to watch VCU play, great defensive effort and commitment...Webber is a UCONN kinda of player...freak athelete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmirm0279

Top Bottom