#19/#23 UConn @ Memphis@ FedEx Park (Fri. 5/4@7:30p EST, Sat.5/5@6:40 EST & Sun. 5/6@2p EST) Updated | Page 5 | The Boneyard

#19/#23 UConn @ Memphis@ FedEx Park (Fri. 5/4@7:30p EST, Sat.5/5@6:40 EST & Sun. 5/6@2p EST) Updated

Reaction Score
This board seems more lively than ever (at least since I joined the Boneyard back in 2013) . Nice to see other passionate UCONN Baseball fans.

Reaction Score
Proud to say that I am not one of the Rice fans on csnbbs that Wayne Graham's wife has publicly ripped for being overly critical :) (and yes, that is actually happening)

As for your point on walks, Nuc is doing a great job being a pest and finding ways to get on. He is having the production we needed to get out of Aaron Hill last year.

I am OK with our aggressive approach -- it does seem to cut down on strikeouts -- but I wish we were more patient on 2-0 counts against bad pitching. Against pitchers like Perez from Cincy, I like the approach, but not vs untested freshman bullpen arms.

Unlike Aaron Hill, Nucerino has had limited playing time, but he has done something with it by getting on base. That indeed is a valuable skill to have. Next season UConn will have openings in the outfield, 2 or 3 of them. We'll see if Nucerino can continue to expand his game and grab a starting role next season.

Reaction Score

Fedko out, with Nucerino staying in the lineup, at least for tonight. Nucerino continues to make something of an impression.

One thing I find interesting is that Penders is now in the habit of pinch running for Fedko late in games. I've never been a fan of pinch running, and it doesn't seem to me that Fedko is a slow poke. His bat has not been as good of late, but as in yesterday's game he is still providing some offensive production. Not sure if Penders is just trying to get other bench players involved in the game or what.

Reaction Score
Fedko out, with Nucerino staying in the lineup, at least for tonight. Nucerino continues to make something of an impression.

One thing I find interesting is that Penders is now in the habit of pinch running for Fedko late in games. I've never been a fan of pinch running, and it doesn't seem to me that Fedko is a slow poke. His bat has not been as good of late, but as in yesterday's game he is still providing some offensive production. Not sure if Penders is just trying to get other bench players involved in the game or what.
He’s slow

Reaction Score
FYI, due to lighting the game has been pushed back further. Memphis twitter will update when they have a better idea of a start time

Reaction Score
UCF goes to the bullpen. 2-2, bottom 6. Houston has the bases load with no outs

Edit: Bullpen shuts it down. End 6 2-2

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Weather in Memphis as of 5:15
020.jpg

Reaction Score
Just checked the weather.com radar for Memphis. It looks like the rain should be ending soon, that is, if nothing more develops Hopefully the lightning will be done too. As for the shape the field is in, who knows?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom