#12 Mississippi St @ Georgia - 12/31/20 | The Boneyard

#12 Mississippi St @ Georgia - 12/31/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Athens, GA - 6:30 PM ET
TV: SEC Network (Eric Frede, Tamika Catchings)

Video:
NCAA Women's Basketball | Videos | Watch ESPN (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

Reaction Score
Georgia definitely looks a little bit better than last year. Much more depth at least.

Reaction Score
Miss St should be thankful Georgia can't hit free throws and layups early.

Rickea needs to sit down for a little. She is out of control right now.

Reaction Score
Coombs looks very comfortable and with lots of confidence.

Reaction Score
Coombs looks very comfortable and with lots of confidence.

She just needs to work on her shooting.

This game is extremely sloppy. Both teams very underwhelming this 2nd quarter.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
28-24 halftime without Carter the entire game.

I hope by the 3rd quarter with Carter back, it'll be decided then.

Reaction Score
Interesting that J Mingo-Young and A Matharu are the ones guarding the points at the top of the defense instead of M Taylor.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
We have got to shoot our FT’s better. Still a good win for the Dawgs. Any road win is always a good win. Just a bit sloppy on State’s part. A lot to clean up for sure.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
This was a tough game. Georgia's weakness (scoring) prevents them from being elite. But their physicality and ability to challenge you on every drive (forcing turnovers on Rickea she usually doesn't make) and ball possession makes them the kind of SEC team the league is known for. They make you play unsmooth basketball. I also think that besides MSU, SC, Kentucky, A&M, and Arkansas they're the next best team in the SEC. They have a lot of Top 100 recruits and Maori Davenport plays 5 minutes, so there's one problem with that program... to start.

Anyways, I'm sure most people are thinking we should win by more, but if you watched the game, we played a really good game and the final score doesn't reflect the type of game we played. I truly think this game is a good example of SEC basketball. I liked what I saw, but that's just my opinion. I hated our performance vs South Florida by the way, but we played a much better game today.

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
I do think we played very well. I thought we did a lot of things well. UGA is a tough out. I just mentioned that about FT’s. I would like to see us at 75-80%. Hopefully that will improve as the season moves along.

Reaction Score
Overall MSU is still thinking too much and are not comfortable yet in this system. However it was good to see the guards take a larger role in initiating the offense. R Jackson is still trying to do too much one on one. Further neither J Carter nor S Cooks are post players. Both are more comfortable facing the basket and shooting midrange jumpers and threes respectively. D Edwards from Kentucky is going to manhandle both if they don’t pickup their game.

Coach McCray-Penson seems the most comfortable with having A Matharu and M Hayes off the bench. C Thompson and Y Morris got spot duty. I’m curious as to the role X Wiggins will play when she returns.

Overall good road win. For a comparison the team last season also won by seven at Athens last season but Georgia scored more points.

Reaction Score
Overall MSU is still thinking too much and are not comfortable yet in this system. However it was good to see the guards take a larger role in initiating the offense. R Jackson is still trying to do too much one on one. Further neither J Carter nor S Cooks are post players. Both are more comfortable facing the basket and shooting midrange jumpers and threes respectively. D Edwards from Kentucky is going to manhandle both if they don’t pickup their game.

Coach McCray-Penson seems the most comfortable with having A Matharu and M Hayes off the bench. C Thompson and Y Morris got spot duty. I’m curious as to the role X Wiggins will play when she returns.

Overall good road win. For a comparison the team last season also won by seven at Athens last season but Georgia scored more points.
Morris is a true post and appears to be more physical than either Carter or Cooks but she did not get much playing time even with Carter in foul trouble. I feel we will need a physical post when we play South Carolina to match up with Boston. Morris need game time if she is to be ready for Boston IMHO.

Reaction Score
Morris is a true post and appears to be more physical than either Carter or Cooks but she did not get much playing time even with Carter in foul trouble. I feel we will need a physical post when we play South Carolina to match up with Boston. Morris need game time if she is to be ready for Boston IMHO.
Georgia was a pressure team and she didn’t do well in her few minutes. She has played a fair amount and I think she will get more. Last season she played very well against Kentucky and she will be needed Sunday to help counter D Edwards and O Owens.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
On one hand, I thought this game was pretty good, albeit with MSU always in control but with Georgia showing better than expected, my snark side says both teams are vastly overrated without much offense and the SC, Texas AM, Kentucky and Arkansas of the league will run roughshod over them.

MSU better find offense otherwise they will be battling Tennessee for 5th...let alone get out of the 4th/5th conference seeding having to face SC in the semi's....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom