12:30 Rally/Send Off | The Boneyard

12:30 Rally/Send Off

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
This is really a short turnaround, less than in previous Final Fours. Once they get to Dallas, there is a whole lot of hoopla and ceremony that they have to participate in. I wonder when they can really do practice and game preparation as they normally would.

By contrast, Mississippi State had a whole extra day at home to prepare, which is a real advantage.

I'm sure that no one will feel sorry for UConn, since it didn't have to travel out of state so far in the tournament. But it seems like this week's schedule effectively spots Mississippi State a 10-point lead in the semifinal game.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hopefully CD et al will keep this team from getting all Final 4 starry eyed. Not that those who can bring us to the promised land haven't been there before. I do suspect that for Lou the whole repetitive Jon, Mary, Karlie, the Dog stuff has gotten to her a bit (or more), though I loved "the other things" she was doing so well last night.

Reaction Score
I get so emotional watching them board the bus and then watching the bus leave. It gets me every single time. Makes me realize what a truly lucky fan I am.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Hopefully CD et al will keep this team from getting all Final 4 starry eyed. Not that those who can bring us to the promised land haven't been there before. I do suspect that for Lou the whole repetitive Jon, Mary, Karlie, the Dog stuff has gotten to her a bit (or more), though I loved "the other things" she was doing so well last night.
Mary? Whose that?
Mom is Karen
Sister is Bonnie
Dog is Lucy

Reaction Score
The advantage goes to UConn because they're UConn. Do you want to take on Geno, CD, Shea and Marisa, not to mention the players?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The advantage goes to UConn because they're UConn. Do you want to take on Geno, CD, Shea and Marisa, not to mention the players?

And Amanda Kimball.

Reaction Score
I just wish the NCAA would change its rules on transfers travelling with the team - at least for postseason. They should not have to be left out.

Reaction Score
I noticed Azura giving Nat a hug goodbye and not getting on the bus. Can't imagine she and Batouly not making the trip - hope to see them on the bench in Dallas.

Reaction Score
This is really a short turnaround, less than in previous Final Fours. . . .

The upside to the earlier scheduling is that we will finally get some coverage of the championship
game in Sports Illustrated.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I noticed Azura giving Nat a hug goodbye and not getting on the bus. Can't imagine she and Batouly not making the trip - hope to see them on the bench in Dallas.

You're a pro. You know if they were seen getting on the bus IAB of NCAA would meet UConn's plane with a prison bus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom