#1 Indiana loses | The Boneyard

#1 Indiana loses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shocked at how easily he got free breaking to the hoop.

Strategy question: On a play like that with 0.9 left under your defensive hoop, would you take the defender off of the ball and basically play goalie? Obviously tonight, you'd say yes but in general? If you have an Emeka/Thabeet I'd probably do it.

Reaction Score
crazy game....11-1 run by Illinois to win it....still weird to hear Joe Tessitore doing hoops. Seems like just days ago he was doing the sports at WFSB...

Reaction Score
Crazy

yFp26k6.gif

Reaction Score
Shocked at how easily he got free breaking to the hoop.

Strategy question: On a play like that with 0.9 left under your defensive hoop, would you take the defender off of the ball and basically play goalie? Obviously tonight, you'd say yes but in general? If you have an Emeka/Thabeet I'd probably do it.

Yeah but not with much more than that, to make sure you don't give up the pass back to the inbounder. I also think that the guy guarding the inbounds pass has to actually accomplish something. The Indiana guy did essentially two jumping jacks and then stood there with his hands down. If you are going to do that, might as well just play 5 on 4. I suppose there's a chance the Illinois inbounder could have hit him in the head with the pass, so he wasn't totally useless.

Reaction Score
Yeah but not with much more than that, to make sure you don't give up the pass back to the inbounder. I also think that the guy guarding the inbounds pass has to actually accomplish something. The Indiana guy did essentially two jumping jacks and then stood there with his hands down. If you are going to do that, might as well just play 5 on 4. I suppose there's a chance the Illinois inbounder could have hit him in the head with the pass, so he wasn't totally useless.

Sorry - on further review he did three jumping jacks. Didn't mean to short change him a jack.

Reaction Score
I didn't see this game but IU doesn't feed the ball to Zeller in the post nearly enough in the games I've watched.

Reaction Score

Right, with under a second there is not time to pass the ball for a shot, that is why I consider not playing the ball. At least with a player near the rim you make them think about throwing it outside and drastically reducing the chances of a clean catch and shoot.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
it was like they were playing man down

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just saw the end of the ucla game on sc. lol at them pointing out shabazz. talk about ego issues.

Reaction Score
just saw the end of the ucla game on sc. lol at them pointing out shabazz. talk about ego issues.

To be honest I am surprised how little press Shabazz has gotten this year. He is having a great year for a freshmen, I think he leads the nation in scoring among freshmen and shooting 46% doing it.

Him and Bennett have to be the leaders for Freshmen of the Year?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
To be honest I am surprised how little press Shabazz has gotten this year. He is having a great year for a freshmen, I think he leads the nation in scoring among freshmen and shooting 46% doing it.

Him and Bennett have to be the leaders for Freshmen of the Year?

-he plays at ucla(west coast) so his game hl's are always late night
-hes a real typical premadona punk
-for his game, the truth is hes 2 or 3 inches short and he will have a tuff time in the nba just like anyone with duke on there diplomas. he wont become a astar but he will be ok. so ppl are real confused right now where to draft him and how to use him. his value is a big ?

Reaction Score
-he plays at ucla(west coast) so his game hl's are always late night
-hes a real typical premadona punk
-for his game, the truth is hes 2 or 3 inches short and he will have a tuff time in the nba just like anyone with duke on there diplomas. he wont become a astar but he will be ok. so ppl are real confused right now where to draft him and how to use him. his value is a big ?

All that being said, he's still a consensus top 5 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom