1/29 Practice Update (with Daniels update) | The Boneyard

1/29 Practice Update (with Daniels update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault ‏@EdDaigneault At Gampel for advance stuff for tomorrow's game against Houston. 9 p.m. Awesome. UConn is 0-3 in 9 p.m. games this year, 1 against UH.

Neill Ostrout ‏@NeillOstrout Ollie called Daniels probable, says he's 60-65 percent. Calhoun good to go

William Paxton ‏@wspaxton OLLIE said Daniels probable for Houston game #UConn

@NeillOstrout: Ryan Boatright says Huskies "definitely" took Houston lightly the first time.

@AmoreCourant: Kevin Ollie: deandre Daniels decision will come at shoot around Thursday afternoon. He hasnt practiced this week. #uconnmen

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very good news! Even if he doesn't go, just to be considered probable seems like they don't believe the injury is that significant.

Reaction Score
Unless we are behind at half time I would sit a 65% Daniels for the game....need him at 100% for Cincy.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the update, good news. We have a full week until Cincy, Daniels should be 100% by then.

Reaction Score
Unless we are behind at half time I would sit a 65% Daniels for the game....need him at 100% for Cincy.

Agree 100 %. No need to push his injury at his point.

Reaction Score
Agree 100 %. No need to push his injury at his point.

How can people make statements like these when we have no idea the extent of the injury?!? If he plays it is because he is healthy enough to play and can not injure the ankle further by playing.

Reaction Score
How can people make statements like these when we have no idea the extent of the injury?!? If he plays it is because he is healthy enough to play and can not injure the ankle further by playing.

Well 65% puts you at risk for further injury. Id rather sit him for the game--its one game and we are getting Calhoun back. Were at home and it would be great if everyone just upped their game to compensate/

Reaction Score
@AmoreCourant: #uconnmen working on transition defense. Want to keep Houston in half court game where possible

@UConnMBB: UConn Coach Kevin Ollie Previews Thursday's Game Vs. Houston, 1/29/14: http://post original url/1PWdVBQ85X via @youtube

@AmoreCourant: Omar Calhoun has been practicing. Ollie expects he will be available vs Houston #uconnmen

@AmoreCourant: Ollie did say Daniels is "healing very well" (high ankle sprain) #uconnmen

@wspaxton: Ollie: (Daniels) if we held him out at the shoot around he probably won't play but we'll see at 4 o'clock in our shoot around, but he's ...

@wspaxton: ... (Daniels) is progressing well.

@AmoreCourant: Ryan Boatright last time vs Houston "we cut a 21 pt deficit in 4 mins. .. If we play uConn basketball from the jump we should be all right"

Reaction Score
The coach said he was 65%, if Ollie feels he needs a 65% Daniels to beat Houston @ home then fine by me dude. Houston beat us missing 3 of their starters, I would hope we could beat them at home missing only 1 if we had to.

How about this....available to play him if we NEED him...is that less offensive to you.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind letting DD's ankle heal and seeing Brimah/Nolan at the 5 and Facey/Olander/Giffey at the 4, see how we do. It would be interesting to see what Facey can do. Olander was always better at the 4 than the 5, Facey is only a 4, Brimah and Nolan should get all the minutes at the 5 for development.

Reaction Score
@GavinKeefe: Napier is on a tear, avearging 27.7 points in the last three games. "He's in attack mode," Ollie said.

@wspaxton: UConn Game Day: Daniels 'probable' for Houston game; Calhoun expected back http://post original url/OSGHl3LKdc #UConn

Reaction Score
Daniels has a walking boot on, not sure if I buy the probable.

Reaction Score
Hell most likely sit . Who gets time at the 4 now? Does Giffey slide over , or go big with nolan+brimah ?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Can Daniels do any more damage? If not then I would guess it's a matter of how high his pain threshold is. If he's probable and gets through the shoot around, my guess is he gets 2 1/2 minutes to demonstrate his effectiveness. If he's not, he pulls up a chair next to Tor Watts and supports his teammates in their quest to go 2 games over .500 in conference play.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Daniels has a walking boot on, not sure if I buy the probable.
I wore a walking boot for a high ankle sprain for 3 weeks during my senior year of high school and played in a football game on each of those Friday nights. I didn't practice much at all but was able to play with a really bad high ankle sprain.

Reaction Score
I talked to Niels in the union tonight. He said DeAndre's fine but he doubts that he'll play tomorrow especially with a 12 day break after this game.

He's also looking for some revenge tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
I talked to Niels in the union tonight. He said DeAndre's fine but he doubts that he'll play tomorrow especially with a 12 day break after this game.

He's also looking for some revenge tomorrow night.

I think you mean that if DD sits he will have had 12 days between games.

If he can't do any more harm by playing, well, then, there's no harm in having him play, even with the long break.

Reaction Score
I think you mean that if DD sits he will have had 12 days between games.

If he can't do any more harm by playing, well, then, there's no harm in having him play, even with the long break.
You're right, thats what I meant, my bad.

Reaction Score
Hell most likely sit . Who gets time at the 4 now? Does Giffey slide over , or go big with nolan+brimah ?

Giffey starts. Can't go big with Nolan and Brimah the three headed monster has shown that it picks up fouls at a rapid pace, we'd be playing with no center halfway through the second half. Look for a lot of Bazz-Boat-Calhoun/Giffey/Kromah at the 4 and then one of the centers.

Reaction Score
I don't want to be an alarmist and hope this is bad info but from a reliable source he heard from the AD that DD won't play tonight (not shocking) but that the injury could keep him out potentially very long-term. This is in contrast to what KO said yesterday so I'd lean towards that cause he is the coach and closer to DD then Warde but just relaying what I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom