Zion is the most exciting/dynamic player since.... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Zion is the most exciting/dynamic player since....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So he isn't injured. Good to know.

Sure, that was 1 of like 6 things throughout this thread you said would go wrong or being insufficient in his game and career. The other 5 have not borne out and the injury isn't major. They're being abundantly cautious to prevent the things you are worried about from transpiring to his career.

Meanwhile on the court, he's been the best rookie in a pre-season... ever? It's certainly arguable. The last rookie to average as many points is David Robinson, who was 24 at the time. Not just rookies, but no other player has ever averaged 20+ points on 70+% shooting in the pre-season since they started keeping pre-season stats.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Sure, that was 1 of like 6 things throughout this thread you said would go wrong or being insufficient in his game and career. The other 5 have not borne out and the injury isn't major. They're being abundantly cautious to prevent the things you are worried about from transpiring to his career.

Meanwhile on the court, he's been the best rookie in a pre-season... ever? It's certainly arguable. The last rookie to average as many points is David Robinson, who was 24 at the time. Not just rookies, but no other player has ever averaged 20+ points on 70+% shooting in the pre-season since they started keeping pre-season stats.

Zion is the best rookie of all time because of a few pre season games? Right. He's not overhyped (sarcasm intended).

Reaction Score
Zion is the best rookie of all time because of a few pre season games? Right. He's not overhyped (sarcasm intended).

I stand by what I said (which is coincidentally, sarcasm intended, not what you said I said). It's arguable he played the best in the pre-season of any rookie ever.

Reaction Score
OP said that Zion has had the best pre-season for a rookie, ever - and that's a 100% true statement. It's undeniable how ridiculously good and efficient Zion has been in the handful of games he's played. The consensus #1 pick has overperformed even high expectations, I don't know why anyone is getting worked up over the fact that he's receiving a lot of hype as a result.

Semi-related: I hate Duke & Coach K as much as anyone, but I've found the distaste I used to have for Duke players isn't as strong as it used to be. I think its a byproduct of the 1-and-done era - its just hard to build a strong association between a player and their school when they spend only 6 or 7 months in the national spotlight. When a guy like Reddick or Battier spends 3 or 4 years you can really work up a good hatred. Hard for me to get riled up about Zion or Tatum the same way.

Reaction Score
What a strange victory dance. He may never be healthy but he's a monster of a player.

Reaction Score
The kid is not going to play a full or even 3/4 season
He will be hurt every year
His body is not made for the physicality and the rigors
My guess is that being a big guy all along he never warmed up properly when younger - a normal habit - and is now feeling the affects.
He is a talent - no doubt about it - but he'll be one of those whose injuries may hinder expectations
just an opinion
I think there is some truth to this. He has just been so superior athletically at every level so far in his career. That won’t be the case in the NBA. He’s not gonna be able to just bully his way into the lane like he did in college.....and I do think he has a high risk of being injury prone. Although I would never hope for anyone to be injured, not even a Dookie.

Well, maybe Paulus. He was just so annoying.

Reaction Score
The kid is not going to play a full or even 3/4 season
He will be hurt every year
His body is not made for the physicality and the rigors
My guess is that being a big guy all along he never warmed up properly when younger - a normal habit - and is now feeling the affects.
He is a talent - no doubt about it - but he'll be one of those whose injuries may hinder expectations
just an opinion
I would argue his body is specifically made for the physicality of the league. He’s gonna need to lose about 15 pounds but he’s gonna be a LeBron-esque bully.

Reaction Score
I would argue his body is specifically made for the physicality of the league. He’s gonna need to lose about 15 pounds but he’s gonna be a LeBron-esque bully.
But he’s gonna be going up against guys just as hefty, that’s the difference. And he doesn’t have anywhere close to Lebron’s other weapons (blow-by, long-range, mid-range jumpers).

in college much of what he did was based on brute force and superior ups.

All that said, I do hope he does great. He seems like a pretty well-raised and decent kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom