Zion is the most exciting/dynamic player since.... | The Boneyard

Zion is the most exciting/dynamic player since....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kemba walker? Kemba walker!

I think that may be true even from an outsiders perspective. I’m sure you can say Anthony Davis or some others cause kemba was a late riser in the media gold area (BE tourney win against Pitt) but that run was truly heroic.

Zion has had a huge spotlight on him all year and continues to ring up highlight reel stuff against good teams. Hard to not want to watch him play for a NC.

I guess I’m a bit biased cause my wife went there, but I also feel like they get the best recruits anyway and it doesn’t do UConn any good to elevate another team. Regardless, I really want to watch him try to cap off this season. Can’t like ncaab and not want to watch him play.

Reaction Score
Ya he is fun to watch, I will reluctantly admit but the rest of duke is so darn unlikable and my heart hurts for both ucf and vtech (a little less). Duke has escaped twice in a row, how many more tricks up their sleeve do they have?

Reaction Score
Definetly is fun to watch, very intrigued to see the next matchup vs Izzo and MSU, not gonna lie a part of me would have been kind of disappointed to not see that matchup. Hopefully hes a Knick next month I wouldn't trade him for Anthony Davis.

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what happened with Zion elbowing Ahmed Hill in the face. That's clearly a flagrant 1. I was watching in a crowded bar but Duke got the ball after the refs looked at the monitor and now I'm reading online they called a foul on Hill. That can't be right??? No flagrant 1 is insane, they didn't really call a foul on Hill, right?

Reaction Score
Definetly is fun to watch, very intrigued to see the next matchup vs Izzo and MSU, not gonna lie a part of me would have been kind of disappointed to not see that matchup. Hopefully hes a Knick next month I wouldn't trade him for Anthony Davis.

Michigan State gets wrecked every time they play Duke or UNC.

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me what happened with Zion elbowing Ahmed Hill in the face. That's clearly a flagrant 1. I was watching in a crowded bar but Duke got the ball after the refs looked at the monitor and now I'm reading online they called a foul on Hill. That can't be right??? No flagrant 1 is insane, they didn't really call a foul on Hill, right?

They did call a foul on Hill. The flagrant 1 is so inconsistent.

Reaction Score
They did call a foul on Hill. The flagrant 1 is so inconsistent.
Anything neck or above is a flagrant 1 whether intentional or not. Hate the rule changes this year but they explained this during many games this year like the hook and hold. Hill got called for a foul for having his face smashed in?

Reaction Score
Anything neck or above is a flagrant 1 whether intentional or not. Hate the rule changes this year but they explained this during many games this year like the hook and hold. Hill got called for a foul for having his face smashed in?

He got called for a block 2 seconds before he got smacked.

Reaction Score
Michigan State gets wrecked every time they play Duke or UNC.

That should have no bearing on this upcoming game if UCF and Vtech took Duke down the wire MSU should too.

Reaction Score
Duke does look like the weakest elite 8 team right now.
They do but sometimes when you have a horseshoe up your butt it doesn't matter. I feel like MSU should beat them but it seems like Duke and UNC always kick the s&^t out of Izzo.

Reaction Score
I said before there is a reason Izzo got so mad the other day and didnt apologize for it he was thinking of this matchup, not predicting MSU to win but I got a good feeling about this one, do think Izzo will come up with a game plan similar to what JC came up with against Brand, to at least slow down Zion and get him tired by the 2nd half, think it was an advantage getting the 1st game in in a blow out no less, I look at this game as the championship at least it feels that way.

Reaction Score
Puke squeezes out two 2 point or so wins against so-so competition and guys are stroking this dude.
Puke is very good - not great by any means. Great teams don't beat UCF and VT by 3 or 4 points, total.
Zion is like Lawrence Taylor playing basketball - different and better than everybody else on the court.
That all written, Puke needed to have the refs watch Zion elbow a guy in the face, while carrying the ball not one, but two times, and then call a foul on the china that the bull crashed into. Meh. Reffing was fair, but that was a terrible call at a particularly important time. Guy who got called for the "bull crashing into me" foul got number 4.
Modern college BBall is a different beast. Saw a Duke player (again, thought the officiating was relatively balanced) take 4 steps to get to the rim. Hate that ------T. Not basketball.

Reaction Score
Zion is combo of Vince Carter and Lebron. He has the explosion of Vince and the body of Lebron plus 30 pounds. He is not quite Lebron as a basketball savant, but he is better than Vince as an instinctive player. He is just a physical marvel. They used to call Domonique Wilkins the human highlight film. Zion is about to take that title. Gotta hope his achilles and acl's hold out. A man of that power has to be putting a lot of stress on his joints.

Reaction Score
I sure would. Guy is undersized. Being able to overpower guys on the block in the NBA is going to be a lot tougher. We'll see.

I don't think it will be. It's a spread, finesse game in the NBA and he's going to be the strongest, or one of the strongest, players in the league as a 19-year-old rookie. He's going to be a matchup nightmare: too strong for most 3s and too quick for every 4. He's not really undersized either, he's an ideal stretch 4 or even smallball 5.

Zion is the third player I've ever seen who's such a complete and total freak of an athlete that he'll transcend and typical NBA thoughts/scouting reports can be thrown out the window. Shaq and LeBron were the other two.

Reaction Score
Zion is combo of Vince Carter and Lebron. He has the explosion of Vince and the body of Lebron plus 30 pounds. He is not quite Lebron as a basketball savant, but he is better than Vince as an instinctive player. He is just a physical marvel. They used to call Domonique Wilkins the human highlight film. Zion is about to take that title. Gotta hope his achilles and acl's hold out. A man of that power has to be putting a lot of stress on his joints.
... said his broken shoe. That alley oop where he grabbed the ball at the top of the box was insane. If he comes down on someone’s shoe from that height with his weight his ankle is going to explode.

Reaction Score
On offense, Williamson and Barrett are fouling machines. They are bowling balls with elbows. If you put either or both into a UConn uniform, they would be whistled out of the game in the first five minutes.

Reaction Score
Zion is the third player I've ever seen who's such a complete and total freak of an athlete that he'll transcend and typical NBA thoughts/scouting reports can be thrown out the window. Shaq and LeBron were the other two.
Giannis Antetokounmpo and not because of the nickname, which is bad, but he is an incredible athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom