ZaKiyah Johnson ‘25 has a UConn offer | The Boneyard

ZaKiyah Johnson ‘25 has a UConn offer

Reaction Score
Will we get her? Geno must really like her to make an offer to a rising sophomore.

She looks strong. Is she finished growing? She’s tough in the lane, like a small Sarah Strong.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I mentioned Johnson the other day in the recruiting thread. She took part in that 5-OT classic that featured a zillion prospects and numerous UConn POI.

Johnson is considered a potential #1 overall for '25 which is loaded at the top.

Reaction Score
The video says ZaKiyah is playing up 2 grades which means she’s playing against girls 2 years older.

When this kid gets the ball inside she has better footwork, more decisive post moves, and shields the ball on her shots with both hands better than any post player UConn had last season. It's pretty obvious why Auriemma offered her this early. She's going to be a load.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When this kid gets the ball inside she has better footwork, more decisive post moves, and shields the ball on her shots with both hands better than any post player UConn had last season. It's pretty obvious why Auriemma offered her this early. She's going to be a load.
Just what we need........................a load!! She'd look real good in a brand new crisp UConn uniform on first night.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I mentioned Johnson the other day in the recruiting thread. She took part in that 5-OT classic that featured a zillion prospects and numerous UConn POI.
Johnson is considered a potential #1 overall for '25 which is loaded at the top.
As noted in the recruiting thread ZaKiyah Johnson is going to be participating in U18 3 X 3 USA Basketball trials. At the trials she will be competing against the top or near the top of the '23 Class ( Mikayla Williams, KK Arnold & Chloe Kitts) , the top or near the top of the 24 class ( Joyce Edwards & Sarah Strong) and a pair of players ( Sunaja Agara '23 and Indya Nivar '22 who are both Stanford commits and USA gold medalist at U18 and U18 respectively. This will be an interesting tryout and eye opening if Johnson makes this team.

Reaction Score
Those defenders looked like the Red Sea parting when Zakiyah went to the hoop!
I was thinking of Aneesh (sp) Morrow of DePaul as I was watching the video. If
she grows a few inches, quite the upside!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Those defenders looked like the Red Sea parting when Zakiyah went to the hoop!
I was thinking of Aneesh (sp) Morrow of DePaul as I was watching the video. If
she grows a few inches, quite the upside!!
Great minds think alike. I was thinking the same thing!! ;) How nice would it be for UConn to their own version of Aneesah Morrow? She was named the WBCA and USBWA National Freshman of the Year in 2022. She averaged a double-double with 21.9 points and 13.8 rebounds a game, and led the nation in total rebounds (457).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She puts me in the mind of a more skilled Barbara Turner :) i likeeee we def need to land her. Who else has offered her ? Any more insights into whom she's considering ?

Reaction Score
She puts me in the mind of a more skilled Barbara Turner :) i likeeee we def need to land her. Who else has offered her ? Any more insights into whom she's considering ?
Johnson now holds offers from the likes of LSU, Mississippi State, Miami (FL), Oklahoma, Florida, Arizona, Michigan, Auburn, Oklahoma State, Penn State, UCLA, West Virginia, Tennessee, Virginia, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Louisville and Minnesota…and more to come.

Reaction Score
Johnson now holds offers from the likes of LSU, Mississippi State, Miami (FL), Oklahoma, Florida, Arizona, Michigan, Auburn, Oklahoma State, Penn State, UCLA, West Virginia, Tennessee, Virginia, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Louisville and Minnesota…and more to come.
i feel as though LSU and Tennessee could be our competition . Although she does have the build of most LV players shes coming home to storrs im confident mark this date :)

Reaction Score
i feel as though LSU and Tennessee could be our competition . Although she does have the build of most LV players shes coming home to storrs im confident mark this date :)
Tennessee hasn’t been competition since 08.

Reaction Score
When is the last time Geno offered someone prior to their sophomore year of high school?

Reaction Score
Uh...are you forgetting Louisville? She has been to games in the Yum Center multiple times.

Her high school is about a mile from my house. On our daily walk this morning my wife and I walked across the campus.

Reaction Score
A web page has ZaKiyah as 5 foot 11 inches.....surely some height to come! She is
also listed as a guard, so ... the future could include growing into a big wing or power forward.
Geno and staff would have a lot of " fun" developing this young lady's full
potential. Stay tuned, Boneyard!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom