YTTV | Page 5 | The Boneyard

YTTV

Reaction Score
Yep Disney owns Hulu so they're literally trying to screw YTTV (and in the future all streamers) so people will switch to Hulu. This is illegal but no one will do anything about it.

Reaction Score
Disney is heavily invested in Hulu Live. There’s the stench of bad-faith on their part, and perhaps the whiff of an antitrust suit is in the works? ¯\(ツ)

This is where it may go. Google could spend Disney into bankruptcy in a major claim. The other alternative is that they shake the couch cushions, buy some content providers and change the price to 50 gazillion $ per month, effectively pulling them from Hulu. Disney may win the battle but they will surely lose the war.

Reaction Score
Deal Reached

"We’re happy to share that we’ve reached a deal with Disney to return their content to YouTube TV while preserving a $64.99/mo. price for our members. We’ve already started to restore access to Disney networks like ESPN and FX, including their live and on-demand content, as well as any recordings that were previously in your Library. We will also be turning on your local ABC stations over the course of the day. Don’t worry, your personal preferences and recommendations will be just as you left them."
‌​

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They're back! That didn't take long. And a $15 credit to boot. I missed the WBB game but I think I'm glad I did.

Reaction Score
Ya, I didn't cancel before it came back on. I actually subscribed to HBO max on YTTV in appreciation, just for the winter while inside more. Now the only thing I'm missing is NESN for Sox games in the spring. I'll figure that out before April.

Reaction Score
does anyone have sling tv? i thought they would be my clear choice b/c i didnt think to confirm they carried local broadcast channels i.e., fox, abc, cbs, and nbc in most markets, which they dont. that is obviously a deal breaker. no superbowl??? it appears the workaround is paying for airtv but that's an extra cost/hassle and apparently not compatible w/ my samsung smart tvs.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I‘m a bit peeved - I am on vacation and saw the CC I use for my YT sub was fraudulently used, got that dealt with but don’t have the new card yet. I see YT was trying to bill me the reduced rate on the old # but a whopping day later when I changed to a different card I got billed the full $70. I am betting it will be nigh impossible to get that $15 bucks :( Not a fan of our cable providers but at least I would be able to call, wait forever, and get a human to help - pretty sure that won’t be happening here. Guess I may change to FuBo.

Reaction Score
does anyone have sling tv? i thought they would be my clear choice b/c i didnt think to confirm they carried local broadcast channels i.e., fox, abc, cbs, and nbc in most markets, which they dont. that is obviously a deal breaker. no superbowl??? it appears the workaround is paying for airtv but that's an extra cost/hassle and apparently not compatible w/ my samsung smart tvs.

I felt on the free preview Sling the picture quality was poor on many networks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I felt on the free preview Sling the picture quality was poor on many networks.

My brain hurts just reading that.

Sling was the first streaming service I tried probaly 4-5 years ago and I stopped using it for the exact reason you stated. Seems insane any streaming service can survive without having high quality. There are enough streaming services that do have better quality; seems like Sling survives on price and being the best of the minimalist streaming services.

Reaction Score
My brain hurts just reading that.

Sling was the first streaming service I tried probaly 4-5 years ago and I stopped using it for the exact reason you stated. Seems insane any streaming service can survive without having high quality. There are enough streaming services that do have better quality; seems like Sling survives on price and being the best of the minimalist streaming services.

The only upside maybe with Sling is using your log in for the ESPN and Fox App for better picture quality. I thought FS1 and NBCSN looked like trash on Sling. I was disappointed even on a free preview.

As I said two weeks ago I also thought Fubo TV was poor on many networks compared to YTTV. It is shocking the picture is poor on these services.

Reaction Score
Just got an email that YTTV dropped nbc sports network.They made it sound like nbcsn is leaving all streaming services, but also said that a lot of their content will still be on the USA network, which is still part of the normal YT channel lineup. No mention of a price drop.

Reaction Score
Just got an email that YTTV dropped nbc sports network.They made it sound like nbcsn is leaving all streaming services, but also said that a lot of their content will still be on the USA network, which is still part of the normal YT channel lineup. No mention of a price drop.

NBCSN doesn’t exist anymore after today…

-> NBC Sports Group, one of the largest media businesses based in Connecticut, confirmed Tuesday that it would shut down its NBCSN cable channel on Dec. 31 and move much of its programming to the cable USA Network, which is another division of parent company NBCUniversal.

USA Network will expand its programming with the addition of “premium NBC Sports events,” including coverage from soccer’s English Premier League, NASCAR, INDYCAR, the Olympic Games, USGA and R&A Golf Championships, college and Olympic sports, horse racing and cycling, NBC Sports officials said in a press release about the changes. CNBC, the Peacock streaming service and “other linear platforms will also host a wide variety of live sports,” according to NBC Sports officials.<-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom