OT: YouTube TV NESN dropped | The Boneyard

OT: YouTube TV NESN dropped

Reaction Score
I just received an e-mail from YouTubeTV that they are dropping NESN from their lineup. Anyone have suggestions another streaming service that carries NESN and will carry Uconn bball? This is a shame. I liked YouTubeTV

Reaction Score
It's a negotiating ploy. If you want to stay with YouTubeTV start writing and putting pressure on them to carry by threatening to drop them for a service that does carry it. (NESN sent a response later last night)

Reaction Score
I was hoping to see UCONN hockey on NESN. With the recent price increase, I am close to the tipping point to looking at other non cable alternatives.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
50% of the reason we got youtubetv was to watch yes and they dropped it. At some point they need to understand that one of the major reasons people still have cable or streaming tv is to watch local sports.

Last edited:

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
It's a negotiating ploy. If you want to stay with YouTubeTV start writing and putting pressure on them to carry by threatening to drop them for a service that does carry it. (NESN sent a response later last night)

What was the response NESN sent? The ploy didn’t go well with YES and YouTube TV. They skunked customers in quarantine.

Reaction Score
50% of the reason we got youtubetv was to watch yes and they dropped it. At some point they need to understand that one of the major reasons people still have cable or streaming tv is to watch local sports.
Then unsubscribe

That’s how the market works

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I swear there has to be an all-sports streaming model that works for about $50-$55/mo.

We know the ESPN package will run $15-$20.
Fox, FS1 and FS2 can get $7-$10.
Throw in a regional package for $7.
International soccer package for $5.

Throw in some other stuff and you have everything you need without Hallmark and all the other tripe not worth paying.

My You Tube TV package in Florida has the following- ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNNEWS, FS1, FS2, NBCSN, MLBTV, NBATV, B1G 10 network, Golf Network (NBC Golf), Olympic network and Tennis network.

Reaction Score
I swear there has to be an all-sports streaming model that works for about $50-$55/mo.

Throw in some other stuff and you have everything you need without Hallmark and all the other tripe not worth paying.

My You Tube TV package in Florida has the following- ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNNEWS, FS1, FS2, NBCSN, MLBTV, NBATV, B1G 10 network, Golf Network (NBC Golf), Olympic network and Tennis network.
Just switched to Hulu Live in Delaware and get more sports channels than I got with cable. All the above plus some.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just switched to Hulu Live in Delaware and get more sports channels than I got with cable. All the above plus some.

I may have to looking to this option.

Reaction Score

This makes too much sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom