OT: - Your favorite album (or cd, or download, etc.) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Your favorite album (or cd, or download, etc.)

Reaction Score
Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour were all released within a 2 year span of each other. If there was a more productive, higher quality period of popular music produced in that short of span, I'm not aware of it.
Make it three years and add Abbey Road to that list. Remarkable.

Reaction Score
Just thinkin' about this thread again...which I ignored expecting many favs would be named by others...and because it's tough to pick one favorite in such a broad category. Seeing it's still active, I decided Dylan should at least get a mention, in that many old folks like me have some/many of his many albums (probably still on original vinyl). Even then, there are a few of his I'd be happy to choose... such as Blood on the Tracks, Highway 61 Revisited, and others.

So I settled for Blonde on Blonde because it's a double album, and if marooned on an island with a turntable I could listen to more music. ;)

Reaction Score
Creedence actually had a similar run. Bayou Country, Green River, Willie and the Poor Boys, and Cosmo's Factory were released in the span of about 18 months. (Their first album came out just 25 months before their fifth.) They all went multi-platinum and all except for the first spawned multiple singles, and they were very influential. Creedence actually outsold the Beatles in 1969, but were washed up just a couple of years later.

You've motivated me to listen to their first five, and I'm about halfway through them. For that I thank you!
Love CCR

Reaction Score
In no particular order:

Stones: Aftermath & Exile on Main Street

Beatles: Abbey Road & Revolver

BoDeans: Outside Looking In (not a bad track on the entire disc)

Miles: Kind of Blue

Reaction Score
I've gone through I don't know how many copies of "Rumours" by Fleetwood Mac and "Back In The High Life" by Steve Winwood.
Fleetwood Mac 's "Rumours" is also my #1 choice

1570809406074.png

Reaction Score
The Beach Boys "Endless Summer" is a pretty good greatest hits compilation album.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Santana - Abraxas- just incredible:

I listened to the first three Santana albums during a run last weekend. With world music being a genre the last 2-3 decades, it’s easy to lose sight of how revolutionary Santana were in 1970. There’s a video and CD from a year or two ago called Santana IV that’s a reunion of the original band plus Michael Schon, and it’s fantastic.

Reaction Score
The re issue of this gem after 50 years has me thinking Beatles again early this morning.

I believe it went to #1 again - what staying power they have:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom