OT - Young Husky fan fighting for her life | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT - Young Husky fan fighting for her life

Reaction Score
Coach Hurley went above and beyond to get to know Aubrien and spend time with her.

He’s an amazing man and we’re lucky to have him

Attachments

• 7060FC98-B2C0-4CC6-B0F8-A77949FC7D21.jpeg
    7060FC98-B2C0-4CC6-B0F8-A77949FC7D21.jpeg
    588.2 KB · Views: 316

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Guys, you won’t believe this. The Hurley family invited Aubrien to the selection show party with the team.

Here’s Aubrien being greeted on campus by Andrea Hurley

Andrea Hurley is an absolute treasure, if you don't listen to her podcast, you're missing out. It's hilarious, but you can easily tell how much she loves the kids on the team.

Reaction Score
I can’t express how proud I am of all of you who helped make this happen. What an incredible story. I hoped this brought some joy to the family and a memory they can hold on to forever. What a fan base, what a team, what an athletic department! Truly touched by this.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So happy to hear she and your family received what they wished for and more on this trip. Special gratitude to the Hurley family and their involvement. Glad to hear the AD came through with the tickets, if not I had a friend who I gave my tickets to ready to give them up for you- only 2 but would have gotten you and her in.
Now lets get our prayers going and get this beautiful young lady healthy and playing softball

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Anyone who's not tearing up reading this thread has a black black heart
Took me till end of page 3, but I got there. I suppose that means I can be redeemed.

Just donated on GFM. Best of luck to Aubrien and your family. And good on BYers for stepping up.

Reaction Score
Update on Aubrien: she’s been admitted to All Children’s hospital in St Petersburg, FL where she will undergo extensive testing for the next three days.

She’s on morphine every four hours to ease the pain.

She is so grateful for all the UConn family support. It has really inspired her.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Update on Aubrien: she’s been admitted to All Children’s hospital in St Petersburg, FL where she will undergo extensive testing for the next three days.

She is so grateful for all the UConn family support. It has really inspired her.

Sending all my best thoughts and wishes to Aubrien and your family.

I know that a lot of the praise on here has gone to people that have donated, AD Dave, and UConn (all deservedly so), but I just wanted to take a moment to recognize you for being an incredible Dad by making the decision to get on a plane and taking the first step in giving your daughter and your family this incredible memory. That takes a lot of strength and conviction; more than most of us can even imagine.

Daz

Reaction Score

Aubrien and your family inspire me. Stay strong and God bless.

Reaction Score

Keep us updated, in our thoughts and prayers

Reaction Score
OK, late to this thread, but I'm trying. Never used Venmo before. Loaded the app on my phone, hit "pay or request", typed in JimenezHitting, and all I get is the endless circling effect. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. About this I mean, not in general - that list would be too long! Yes I am officially stupid, I have a stupid card in my wallet. HOW DOES THIS WORK???

Curiouser
Reaction Score
OK, late to this thread, but I'm trying. Never used Venmo before. Loaded the app on my phone, hit "pay or request", typed in JimenezHitting, and all I get is the endless circling effect. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. About this I mean, not in general - that list would be too long! Yes I am officially stupid, I have a stupid card in my wallet. HOW DOES THIS WORK???
I don't have Venmo so I used the Go Fund Me page:

Reaction Score
did you put in the @ sign? @JimenezHitting

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom