Yarders post covid concert/s that they would like to attend? | The Boneyard

Yarders post covid concert/s that they would like to attend?

Reaction Score
As you all can tell I am new to the Boneyard, though I have been a long time lurker. Looking forward to interacting with all of you good and bad. Bad because it is the Boneyard you know.... LOL!

Some of the shows I would like to see are:

Black Pumas
Faith No More = 2021 tour has a hand full of US dates, most likely 2022
Rival Sons = most likely 2022
Van Morrison
Lenny Kravitz = no tours scheduled for this year

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That's a good question. There are just a ton of announcements coming out recently for tours, many coming thru my area. So far I haven't jumped at any of them to become my first show since the world started up again. I'd have to think a bit about who I really, really want to see.

The last show I went to was Eilen Jewell on Valentine's Day '20. I was supposed to see Allie X in March, that got cancelled right before the date.

Reaction Score
My favorite outdoor venue put their Summer lineup on sale last week. I am going to see Oingo Boingo in October. I had tickets to see Roger Daltrey's solo show, but they announced the cancelation a few days later.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Neil Young was talking about touring the "old barns" pre-COVID with Crazy Horse and the XL was specifically mentioned. I'm hoping that happens.

Reaction Score
That's a good question. There are just a ton of announcements coming out recently for tours, many coming thru my area. So far I haven't jumped at any of them to become my first show since the world started up again. I'd have to think a bit about who I really, really want to see.

The last show I went to was Eilen Jewell on Valentine's Day '20. I was supposed to see Allie X in March, that got cancelled right before the date.

I'd love to see Eilen Jewell.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Eilen Jewell.
I've seen her twice, she's great. She's coming back to Seattle again in November, that's one I'm considering.

Reaction Score

NW, I hear you I'm being selective too, though I listed what I would like to see not necessarily will be going to all of them. It can change.

Eilen Jewell has a nice voice however not a big fan of indie music. I think that's what she is categorized as.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
NW, I hear you I'm being selective too, though I listed what I would like to see not necessarily will be going to all of them. It can change.

Eilen Jewell has a nice voice however not a big fan of indie music. I think that's what she is categorized as.
Hard for me to categorize Eilen, she's a bit of a mix of a lot of things--country, folk, blues, jazz, gospel. She's definitely way outside the Nashville mainstream of country, so indie works.

A few other concert announcements that are on my radar are Wolf Alice and Evanescence/Halestorm.

Reaction Score
Already have tickets:

JRAD in New Haven 7/30 and 7/31

Dead & Company
  • Darien Lake 8/27
  • SPAC 8/25
  • Cuyuhoga Falls, OH 9/7
  • Phoenix AZ 10/25
  • Cancun, MX 1/7 - 1/11
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

I would definitely love to see Kravitz, but my recollection over time is he doesn't tour much, and when he does, it's largely overseas

Reaction Score
Already have tickets:

JRAD in New Haven 7/30 and 7/31

Dead & Company
  • Darien Lake 8/27
  • SPAC 8/25
  • Cuyuhoga Falls, OH 9/7
  • Phoenix AZ 10/25
  • Cancun, MX 1/7 - 1/11
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

I would definitely love to see Kravitz, but my recollection over time is he doesn't tour much, and when he does, it's largely overseas
Right, Kravitz does not tour much. Missed him a few years back I believe he was at Mohegan Sun.
JRAD will be entertaining. Are they at Westville Bowl?

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
JRAD will be entertaining. Are they at Westville Bowl?
Yes. They have played six shows there already since May and have three more to come, 7/30, 7/31 and 9/3.

I have been to two of their Westville shows so far and am planning to see at least one more.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
At my age, these days I'm good with free concerts on the lawn. I don't think there's an artist/band out there these days I'd care to see in a large venue at arena prices, and I refuse to stand for an entire show at a club. Luckily we have a nice roster of free concerts in the parks here. I'll probably see Albert Cummings in a couple weeks, Spiro Gyra and maybe Low Cut Connie and the Jayhawks in August, and at least one Pittsburgh Symphony show.

Reaction Score
Yes. They have played six shows there already since May and have three more to come, 7/30, 7/31 and 9/3.

I have been to two of their Westville shows so far and am planning to see at least one more.
Very nice 8893. I will be going there in September to see King Crimson, how is it there in Westville? (acoustics) I know it's out doors. Been there for tennis but not for a concert yet.

Reaction Score
At my age, these days I'm good with free concerts on the lawn. I don't think there's an artist/band out there these days I'd care to see in a large venue at arena prices, and I refuse to stand for an entire show at a club. Luckily we have a nice roster of free concerts in the parks here. I'll probably see Albert Cummings in a couple weeks, Spiro Gyra and maybe Low Cut Connie and the Jayhawks in August, and at least one Pittsburgh Symphony show.
That's quite a line up for free shows. Low Cut Connie will be a very good show.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Evidently, we are going to see Hall & Oates in August. I don't know why really, bought tickets last year and it was rescheduled. At least Squeeze/KT Tunstall are the opening act. Went to a local show outside at the VFW in Foxboro last weekend.

I think my wife bought us Violent Femmes & Flogging Molly tickets for September.

There is very little in July. Shows pick up in August and September.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Very nice 8893. I will be going there in September to see King Crimson, how is it there in Westville? (acoustics) I know it's out doors. Been there for tennis but not for a concert yet.
I was there decades ago for concerts at the tennis center (James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt come to mind). The new setup is much better imo, but the only shows I have attended have been limited attendance, which I really, really enjoy. We were in front row pods for both nights of JRAD and there was tons of room to move; we were in section 209 for Lake Street Dive and that was also great, because that was primarily a seating show. I think the sound is very good all over. The beers and ciders are wildly overpriced, and parking is $25 if you don't have a pass (my assistant lives in the neighborhood and I borrow her parking pass), but other than that it's all good imo. I will be back again and again.

Evidently, we are going to see Hall & Oates in August. I don't know why really, bought tickets last year and it was rescheduled. At least Squeeze/KT Tunstall are the opening act. Went to a local show outside at the VFW in Foxboro last weekend.

I think my wife bought us Violent Femmes & Flogging Molly tickets for September.

I would definitely see Hall & Oates. They have a tremendous catalog of blue-eyed Philly soul imo.

I've seen Squeeze twice in recent years and they were great.

Reaction Score

H H, are kidding me! Hall and Oates, Squeeze and JT Tunstall sounds like an incredible night of music to me. Now on the other hand Violent Femmes and Fogging Molly Mmmm, not for me.

Reaction Score
I was there decades ago for concerts at the tennis center (James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt come to mind). The new setup is much better imo, but the only shows I have attended have been limited attendance, which I really, really enjoy. We were in front row pods for both nights of JRAD and there was tons of room to move; we were in section 209 for Lake Street Dive and that was also great, because that was primarily a seating show. I think the sound is very good all over. The beers and ciders are wildly overpriced, and parking is $25 if you don't have a pass (my assistant lives in the neighborhood and I borrow her parking pass), but other than that it's all good imo. I will be back again and again.

I would definitely see Hall & Oates. They have a tremendous catalog of blue-eyed Philly soul imo.

Nice to know. I have heard that the beverages are exorbitant but that's just like any other event basketball ect.. looking forward to seeing King Crimson there. I agree with you on the Hall and Oates bill that H H is going to, good stuff.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Piqued my interest here. Hadn't thought about them for years, but they're playing in a 1300 seater an hour from here later this year. I assume the playing is still superb, but were their voices decent?

Reaction Score
Piqued my interest here. Hadn't thought about them for years, but they're playing in a 1300 seater an hour from here later this year. I assume the playing is still superb, but were their voices decent?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes. The first time I saw them it was actually just Difford and Tilbrook, and the fact that they were still in such good voice was what motivated me to see them again the following year when they toured with the full band. Both shows were very good, but I actually liked the energy better when it was just the two of them.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yes. The first time I saw them it was actually just Difford and Tilbrook, and the fact that they were still in such good voice was what motivated me to see them again the following year when they toured with the full band. Both shows were very good, but I actually liked the energy better when it was just the two of them.
Watched most of the vid HA provided above. Tilbrook is indeed in great voice. But gotta say their harmonies were awful on several songs and they really ruined Black Coffee with the faster drum tempo. Not as sure it's worth the price and drive after seeing that, even though they nailed a couple of my favorites.

That said, Tilbrook never gets mentioned as a great guitarist, but his licks are always tasteful, technical, clean, in context, and always contribute to move the song along. Still a wonderful player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I also saw Squeeze a few years ago at a smallish (<2500) person arena in California and thought they sounded great. They had a video screen behind them showing pictures of the band from their heyday and it was a bit strange seeing how much they had aged, while I of course look the same ;-).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

H H, are kidding me! Hall and Oates, Squeeze and JT Tunstall sounds like an incredible night of music to me. Now on the other hand Violent Femmes and Fogging Molly Mmmm, not for me.

Yeah, that's probably why I caved when she said she wanted to go last year. I like a fair amount of their catalogue, just not all of it. Liked the 70's stuff. Not a fan of "Maneater" and "Private Eyes". I've seen Squeeze a couple of times, and KT Tunstall once (also as an opening act). Both are solid. Squeeze has plenty of good songs.

Love the Violent Femmes like everyone in college in the mid 80's. Blister in the Sun was like the UConn Anthem in those years. I know nothing about Flogging Molly, but it's at my absolute favorite venue. Leader Bank Pavilion - 2021 show schedule & venue information - Live Nation

Already have tickets for 2022. Rod Stewart & Cheap Trick that was postposed from last year, and I just bought Elton John tickets on Wednesday. Haven't seen him and needed to check that box. Haven't seen Rod Steward either. Have seen Cheap Trick about 8 times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom