Yarders post covid concert/s that they would like to attend? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Yarders post covid concert/s that they would like to attend?

Reaction Score
Your post #40.
Ahhh! Ok, just went to Albert's web site and yes it's at Ballard Park August 12th. That should be a great show there. Weather pending? I was confused cause I had just replied to something else. Thank you.

Reaction Score
heard Tedeschi Trucks was outside at Ridgefield?
I wasn't aware of it but checked their tour agenda and I don't see it there. They did play in New Haven already earlier in the month.

Reaction Score
I haven't been to Westville and Billy Strings is playing there in a few weeks (don't know much about him). Recommended show?

Reaction Score
Picked up Phish tickets for their Tuesday Hershey, PA show. First time seeing them since the Raspberry Jam Donut Show at MSG!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hall & Oates next Thursday. Wife asked me today if I want to go see Harry Connick Jr. on the 14th and/or John Fogetry on Aug 20th. Of the two, certainly prefer Fogerty's catalog of material, and he would check a box of legends I have not seen. Lots of good tickets for both still available.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hall & Oates next Thursday. Wife asked me today if I want to go see Harry Connick Jr. on the 14th and/or John Fogetry on Aug 20th. Of the two, certainly prefer Fogerty's catalog of material, and he would check a box of legends I have not seen. Lots of good tickets for both still available.
Is there a reason you wouldn't see both? I've never seen either, and I'd personally probably think Connick's show would be highly entertaining, even if standards aren't your thing. I'm a fan of some CCR stuff, not so much his solo tunes, but his backing band (feat. Kenny Aranoff, Bob Malone) indicates no slouch performance either.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Is there a reason you wouldn't see both? I've never seen either, and I'd personally probably think Connick's show would be highly entertaining, even if standards aren't your thing. I'm a fan of some CCR stuff, not so much his solo tunes, but his backing band (feat. Kenny Aranoff, Bob Malone) indicates no slouch performance either.

Only that we already have a concert on the 4th, now the 14th (tickets are bought) and going to one three weeks in a row is a bit much. I like his solo stuff, Centerfield had some good songs. Definitely a fan of CCR. Maybe we can make both work.

Reaction Score

Here you go, you be the judge

Definitely hoping to catch a Strings show in the near future. Actually playing tomorrow night just down the road south of Syracuse, but we're driving down to New Have for JRAD in the morning, so there's no way

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've seen Fogerty a few times since he hit the road again. I like that he doesn't just play the songs, he has a few nice jams along the way. A stretched out version of Born on the Bayou was awesome live. I've also seen him jam on Grapevine and Ramble Tamble. His band is great and so is he.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So tonight was Squeeze and Hall & Oates. A few observations. Squeeze has a better catalogue. Their sound engineering sucked. That said, some winning songs included Tainted done 90% solo. Tremendous. They sounded quite good and they can play songs you recognize almost endlessly.

Hall & Oates, well it’s the Darryl Hall show for sure. Oates is second string. Hall mentioned that he lives in Connecticut with his cats. He bitched at the sound engineer all night. Still they sounded good, better than Squeeze. Very solid band. They did a fantastic job covering the Righteous Brothers, You’ve Lost That loving Feeling. Sarah Smile was good, She’s Gone was very good. Left before the encore, so missed Rich Girl. Live they are more guitar heavy than radio hits would suggest.

Reaction Score
A co-worker invited me to see Fogarty at Bethel Woods the last Friday of August. Not a huge fan, but I appreciate his songcraft and excited to see him for the first time.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So Harry Connick Jr. on Saturday at Leader Bank Pavilion. As always a tremendous venue, no bad seats, sea breezes off the water. Harry was superb, I knew his vocals made him the best modern era crooner, but I confess I wasn't aware of just how talented he is as a jazz piano player. Really kind of blends Sinatra style standards with New Orleans jazz. Band was terrific.

IMG_8105 (2).JPG

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hella mega, Hershey
little big town, Bridgeport.
last friday night. gday, wheezer, fall out boy? it was both mega, and hella. the storms magically went around Hershey, and a good time was had by all.
sooo, Hershey? check!
hopefully, next up is

in Bridgeport. could be epic as we scare the pants off the fake meat crowd in fairdale county. cool.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
a note on context:
the baseline dynamic of that song is somewhere, whether it's the 'barrio gang' down in the cities, or the 'slack-jawed hillbilly' crowd up in them thar hills, sumbody gets sum tunes crankin (rap folks too), and, magically, good folks get together and just hang out. happens all the time. take yesterday, for example. purrrfect day. energy to be outdoors thru the roof. soooo, and in spite of opportunities to join in on a trip, i decide (afternoon) to head out solo with the trusted 16 incher to drop some trees. after a couple hours, a twig poke in the eye (snuck under the 'safety glasses') and a stuck saw or two (always carry 2 wedges), im done. sittin on the porch solo, downing sum large volume of ice water, i decide to jump on the bicycle to head down the road to pester a pal. get there, and of course, he's fixing sumthing, with tunes blowing out of the barn. soon, a car pulls in, says they saw cliffy's bike, and now we're hearing, and seeing, his umpteenth ride (a sweet lincoln, leather, sunroof, mebbe 10 years old - a g note! nothing apparently wrong.) then, fishboy and his girl show up, coming back from an afternoon of fishing (him) and surfing (her) in rhody. hey rhody! u owe fishboy sum big props as we learned that he was the 'science' instigator for what now is rhody's first brook trout protected stream. noice. anywhoo, after fishboy's girl bolts to go go back home, nonchalantly, he starts to pick grass out of the gravel driveway, while others just talk or whatever. an hour or so later, we find a half dozen folks all picking gravelgrass (not me. im just settin with a messed up eye, and i don't pick grass or pick up a manure rake, ever. a few periodically tease aboot that. as if.) now, we've gone way past dark, and with a purrfect sky for meteor watching (outstanding!), i start in with my covid-usual 'whatchu having for dinner?' shtick cuz i was making indoor za, and listened to topping rec's. nobody rec'd poached pears.
the barns and tunes are near the street, inviting more pop ins, including the popo on patrol. around 9:00 everybody, like a starting gun went off, says their goodbyes, and heads home. mebbe a dozen, 15, or so just passin time with pals. good stuff, and now that drive has no weeds in it, no thanks to me. i would have just nuked them.

Reaction Score
So Harry Connick Jr. on Saturday at Leader Bank Pavilion. As always a tremendous venue, no bad seats, sea breezes off the water. Harry was superb, I knew his vocals made him the best modern era crooner, but I confess I wasn't aware of just how talented he is as a jazz piano player. Really kind of blends Sinatra style standards with New Orleans jazz. Band was terrific.

View attachment 69186
Nice pic, looks like you had good seats. Harry is a great musician.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
No concert plans until Genesis in December in Boston. Starting to grow a little apprehensive about that one. The thought of being inside for 2 hours with lord knows who is becoming concerning, but it wasn't at the time I bought the tix. Oh well. Hoping for the best. I can't imagine they'd ever tour again after this, but I guess you never really know.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So, a write up on John Fogerty, last Friday night in Boston. Simply fantastic. Voice in great form. He came out with hit after hit CCR tunes, then launched into some covers before going back to CCR. Loads of delay/feedback on the guitars for a very 60's sound. Centerfield and The Old Man is Down the Road were the two 80s songs and he used a Louisville Slugger guitar that looks like bat. His two sons and daughter are in the band. The setlist is just epic. John Fogerty Concert Setlist at Leader Bank Pavilion, Boston on August 20, 2021 | setlist.fm Notable tunes included an acoustic cover of Bill Withers' Lean on Me with just his sons and daughter, in honor of nurses/front line folks. He brought some nurses on stage. Next wash Heard it through the Grapevine, similar to the CCR extended 1970 version with solos from every instrument. They even snuck in Van Halen, Eruption, where I will now note that I expected the other guitar player (turns out is John's son) to play the solos, since John is 76. Nope. He played all the solos, including impressive stuff on Susie Q and did engage in some dueling solo action with his son. He brought out his original guitar (including Woodstock) for Susie Q, It was a blast.

IMG_8163 (2).JPG

Reaction Score
So, a write up on John Fogerty, last Friday night in Boston. Simply fantastic. Voice in great form. He came out with hit after hit CCR tunes, then launched into some covers before going back to CCR. Loads of delay/feedback on the guitars for a very 60's sound. Centerfield and The Old Man is Down the Road were the two 80s songs and he used a Louisville Slugger guitar that looks like bat. His two sons and daughter are in the band. The setlist is just epic. John Fogerty Concert Setlist at Leader Bank Pavilion, Boston on August 20, 2021 | setlist.fm Notable tunes included an acoustic cover of Bill Withers' Lean on Me with just his sons and daughter, in honor of nurses/front line folks. He brought some nurses on stage. Next wash Heard it through the Grapevine, similar to the CCR extended 1970 version with solos from every instrument. They even snuck in Van Halen, Eruption, where I will now note that I expected the other guitar player (turns out is John's son) to play the solos, since John is 76. Nope. He played all the solos, including impressive stuff on Susie Q and did engage in some dueling solo action with his son. He brought out his original guitar (including Woodstock) for Susie Q, It was a blast.

View attachment 69390
Awesome! I'll see him on Friday and can't wait for it. Any openers? (hope not)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom