OT: - Yarder in need of help | The Boneyard

OT: Yarder in need of help

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hi Folks - posting on behalf of a fellow UConn alum and Boneyarder. @Uconnsdabest has been more of a lurker than a poster, but always a constant presence here.

In the last few years, his family has dealt with brain cancer and paralysis and seizures, and that should be enough for one family. But now he has come down with severe lung infection (non-COVID related) and has been on a ventilator for a week+. He's been airlifted from Middlesex to Hartford, and now Hartford to Boston.

I hope that he recovers enough (and soon) to be able to read this and be annoyed that I shared it.

Please send positive thoughts... if so inclined, a GoFundMe has been set up to assist the family with what will surely be countless medical bills.

Thank you,
Mike

Reaction Score
The ECMO machine saved my sister's life. She went into non-COVID related lung failure in May, was on ECMO and in an induced coma for 6 weeks and recently just came home. He is in good hands and on a miraculous piece of equipment.

Here is a video that shows the power and success of the ECMO machine.

Reaction Score
The ECMO machine saved my sister's life. She went into non-COVID related lung failure in May, was on ECMO and in an induced coma for 6 weeks and recently just came home. He is in good hands and on a miraculous piece of equipment.

Here is a video that shows the power and success of the ECMO machine.

So glad your sister is better and there was a positive outcome Deep.

CTMike prayers to you and your buddies recovery, the BY will be thinking of him I’m sure.

Reaction Score
Received word that treatment is starting to work and he’s been able to come out of sedation at times and open his eyes. One step at a time.

That machine works magic. If he’s out of sedation already, even for a couple minutes, that’s a great sign. They wouldn’t do that if they didn’t think he could handle it.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It breaks my heart to type this but after a significant setback last week, my dear friend Guhan... UConn alum and huge Husky hoops fan... passed this morning. He leaves behind a wife and adorable daughter and will be very deeply missed many.

Reaction Score
It breaks my heart to type this but after a significant setback last week, my dear friend Guhan... UConn alum and huge Husky hoops fan... passed this morning. He leaves behind a wife and adorable daughter and will be very deeply missed many.

Geez Mike - my heartfelt condolences to you and his family. May he Rest In Peace.

Reaction Score

So very sad to hear of your loss Mike. Keep the memories forever in your heart of your friend. Prayers to you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom