Yankees or Sox? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Yankees or Sox?

Reaction Score
We’re the best? Hilarious what about it’s all gravy now from the teams fans full of so many championships. You guys are hilarious. You had a better team all year period. Anyone saying otherwise was dreaming Cashman put together a horrible team and it became worst with every move. A team that can’t string 2 hits in a row together and you add Odor then Gallo. They had 4 guys lucky to be hitting .200 starting last night and Odor and Sanchez were PHers both on the .200 line. This wasn’t rocket science they weren’t very good. Congrats but now you need to beat the Rays or what did it matter?

LOL Or what did it matter. Yeah right. The Red Sox were predicted in 4th place this year. They are not even one of the top 5 favorites to win the World Series. None of their fans will care if they lose to the Rays. They aren't expected to beat them. Maybe they will. Who knows. But sending the most misplaced arrogant and self promoting team in MLB to the golf course with no title...again...makes this year a success no matter what happens.

Was Bronxie released into the Charles last night?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do you think he'd have the same tone if the Yankees had won yesterday? I don't think so.
Nope but then again ours would be different as well.

Reaction Score
The Yankees loss does matter it matters to me. Yes I get this Yankee team was unlikeable and hard to watch and does probably lose to the Rays. To say it doesn’t matter is a poor mentality.

Reaction Score
LOL Or what did it matter. Yeah right. The Red Sox were predicted in 4th place this year. They are not even one of the top 5 favorites to win the World Series. None of their fans will care if they lose to the Rays. They aren't expected to beat them. Maybe they will. Who knows. But sending the most misplaced arrogant and self promoting team in MLB to the golf course with no title...again...makes this year a success no matter what happens.

Was Bronxie released into the Charles last night?

Do you think he'd have the same tone if the Yankees had won yesterday? I don't think so.
Yep he would’ve. Read my stuff on the baseball side never liked this team knew they weren’t any good. Would have been no big deal to win that game at all for the Yanks and as I said they had no chance. But feel free to be sure you know how I would’ve felt. I don’t like the Sox at all but honestly hate these Yankee teams that Cashman continues to throw out there. Hopefully this loss leads to his firing or resignation we need new blood in management and roster.

Reaction Score
Yep he would’ve. Read my stuff on the baseball side never liked this team knew they weren’t any good. Would have been no big deal to win that game at all for the Yanks and as I said they had no chance. But feel free to be sure you know how I would’ve felt. I don’t like the Sox at all but honestly hate these Yankee teams that Cashman continues to throw out there. Hopefully this loss leads to his firing or resignation we need new blood in management and roster.
It won’t this team is content with just making the playoffs. It’s just not the same any more this team is poorly coached there is zero accountability anymore we have gotten worse since we added Garret Cole, Cora team has kicked Yankees ass in the playoffs this year was supposed to be a rebuilding year for the Sox they didn’t even pitch their ace and didn’t have JD Martinez.

Wish Jeter took over the ownership from the Steinbrenner’s.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It's hard to know how much the upper management (Steinbrenner et al) are meddling in this. If it is a lot they will never get anywhere without getting new ownership that is out of the way of the day to day. LOL as much as the original George S used to drive everyone crazy he did have a passion for winning and never allowed finances per se to get in the way. He used to refer and often defer (respectfully) to his "baseball people" and knew that he did not have the knowledge about the game, players, tactics etc. I believe he learned that the hard way. I accept that the game has changed and analytics play a part but it cannot be the tail that wags the dog unless you go all in like the Rays have. This team from year to year lacks an identity and unity trying to be both an analytics driven and "three run homer driven" team and isn't doing well at either. I also think Boone might be better suited to a different type of work because he is too passive and, if this is coming from above, he can't be his own man. In order to win the team needs to be united and self sacrificing when necessary. That's a big part of managing; not making everyone happy. Like football, you can't be oblivious to what the defense is doing. Strikeout, homerun or walk? That's too rigid. Making it easy for the opponent.

Reaction Score
Diehard Yankees fan. My 2 cents - The pitching is in pretty good shape with Cole (his poor finish was due to his hamstring and not the 'post sticky stuff crackdown'), hopefully Sevy, Monty and Taillon. Pen will be stacked again. Maybe sign or trade for a mid tier, innings eater type (like a Stroman). Offense/defense on the other hand needs a makeover. Only Judge and Stanton should be safe (and DJ due to his contract). Biggest need is a 1B who won't kill you with the glove (think Rizzo or Matt Olson, who is rumored to be available). I know everyone says they need to get one of the FA SS, but their top 2 prospects right now (Volpe and Peraza) are both SS, so it'll be interesting to see if they commit long term deal to one of the SS on the market (Seager, Semien, Correa, etc).

The farm system is in pretty good shape right now (at the moment, a good bit better than Boston's) - a lot of it is in the low minors, so it can definitely fizzle out by the time it reaches the majors, but nonetheless, they have the depth to make a deal or two.

The biggest thing for me is getting rid of Boone. Good guy and will forever be cool with me because of '03, but just not a great in game strategist (I know I'm stating the obvious, lol). As for Cashman, I'm torn. Yes, he put together this roster, but part of the issue is the 'budget' Hal gives him to work with. You're the Yankees - you have an advantage that no one else really has, use it. Don't spend wildly, but don't cheap out either. Cashman is great at finding low value guys (Didi, Hicks, Voit, Gio, Holmes, Wandy, etc) but definitely not great at developing pitching or signing FA pitchers (outside of Cole, which was a no brainer). But sometimes change for the sake of change is not always the best path to take.....

Oh, and the last thing - everyone says 'I wish George were alive' - yes he wanted to win badly, but with him, you took the good with the bad. He had to be talked out of trading away Mo, Bernie, Pettitte, etc back in the mid 90's, often overruled Cashman when he saw fit (signing Sheffield when Cashman had a deal with Vlad basically already, etc) and would have signed FAs like Josh Hamilton, Pujols, etc when everyone knew they were risky and bad deals.... And those are just a few examples......

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Sox by at least 1 run (can't remember the score)

Reaction Score
The Yanks need to build around Judge, Stanton, and DJ (because of the contract). Sign Semien, Freddie Freeman (He should be their #1 target), and then trade for Nicky Lopez to get some speed, BA, and defense at SS.

They need to fill out the rest of the roster with speed and athleticism. We're way way way too slow at every single position. Every.Single.One.

This lineup wins a WS:

Lopez (.300 hitter with speed) (L) SS
Judge RF
Stanton LF
Freeman (L) 1B
Semien 2B
DJ 3B
Greg Allen (L) CF
Anyone but Gary/Higgy at C
Some rando at DH

Reaction Score
Sox. Hope JD plays tonight. Doubt it. Yes prolly day to day

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
upon further review, the season profiled like a sine wave
sine-wave.png

sometimes cy young, sometimes sayonara. mebbe iffn they grabbed another game or two, and the game was at home, all would be different, and these pages would be filled with completely different thoughts. but it wasn't, and we didn't cross the finish line first. meh, so did, will, every other team but one. i have no complaints cuz the team is jacked, and i know we will be there next season, as usual, to try again. cool.
George Steinbrenner?
'The longest in club history, the Yankees won seven World Series titles and 11 pennants under Steinbrenner’s ownership.' nuff said. period.
fans of almost every single other team in beisbol? good luck! mebbe sumday u'll win a first, or a second, .... u ain't the bombers, or way down the winners food chain, the cards, new 21st century sox, giants, and, umm, err, no one else. heck, the dodgers finally one another last year - after waiting over three decades. when will tampa win it's first? who?
List of World Series champions - Wikipedia
i'll be rooting for the giants. not becuz of some ancients around these parts have an affection for olden days of trolleydodgers vs the nine playing in coogan's hollow, but for the modern reason - in kali culture, candlestick vs chavez ravine was/is a very big thing. not quite bombers vs sox, cuz nothing is, but pretty cool nonetheless.
fun fact:
coogans hollow ballpark?
it was converted to a baseball stadium when leased by the New York Metropolitans in 1880.
opening day, 1888.
1888sporting-timessupplement-harry-wright-opening-day-polo-grounds-1888.jpg

of all major sports, only baseball and golf have no clock. awesome.
lets' play two!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Yanks need to build around Judge, Stanton, and DJ (because of the contract). Sign Semien, Freddie Freeman (He should be their #1 target), and then trade for Nicky Lopez to get some speed, BA, and defense at SS.

They need to fill out the rest of the roster with speed and athleticism. We're way way way too slow at every single position. Every.Single.One.

This lineup wins a WS:

Lopez (.300 hitter with speed) (L) SS
Judge RF
Stanton LF
Freeman (L) 1B
Semien 2B
DJ 3B
Greg Allen (L) CF
Anyone but Gary/Higgy at C
Some rando at DH
Freeman isn't leaving Atlanta unfortunately - he's their Jeter basically.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
upon further review, the season profiled like a sine wave
sine-wave.png

sometimes cy young, sometimes sayonara. mebbe iffn they grabbed another game or two, and the game was at home, all would be different, and these pages would be filled with completely different thoughts. but it wasn't, and we didn't cross the finish line first. meh, so did, will, every other team but one. i have no complaints cuz the team is jacked, and i know we will be there next season, as usual, to try again. cool.
George Steinbrenner?
'The longest in club history, the Yankees won seven World Series titles and 11 pennants under Steinbrenner’s ownership.' nuff said. period.
fans of almost every single other team in beisbol? good luck! mebbe sumday u'll win a first, or a second, .... u ain't the bombers, or way down the winners food chain, the cards, new 21st century sox, giants, and, umm, err, no one else. heck, the dodgers finally one another last year - after waiting over three decades. when will tampa win it's first? who?
List of World Series champions - Wikipedia
i'll be rooting for the giants. not becuz of some ancients around these parts have an affection for olden days of trolleydodgers vs the nine playing in coogan's hollow, but for the modern reason - in kali culture, candlestick vs chavez ravine was/is a very big thing. not quite bombers vs sox, cuz nothing is, but pretty cool nonetheless.
fun fact:
coogans hollow ballpark?
it was converted to a baseball stadium when leased by the New York Metropolitans in 1880.
opening day, 1888.
1888sporting-timessupplement-harry-wright-opening-day-polo-grounds-1888.jpg

of all major sports, only baseball and golf have no clock. awesome.
lets' play two!
and if any of youse were at that polo grounds opening day, i always wondered, did they have chili dogs? i know that they had hot dogs, red hots, frankfurters, and such, (prolly not pretzel dogs, cuz they had pretzels, and hot dogs, but i think no one figgered out that culinary delite until much later), but iffn no chili dogs? oh, the horror.
let's eat two!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Freeman isn't leaving Atlanta unfortunately - he's their Jeter basically.
I understand that, but a blank check from the Yankees would at least make him think about it

Reaction Score
Rays and Astros have great coaching and scouting they continue to win despite losing star players, Redsox are building themselves the same way, these teams bring in FA that are the right fit.

Sure you could bring in a big name I still see the Yankees being behind those teams if there are no philosophical changes. We brought in Stanton and Cole and have gotten worse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom