Xavier at Butler is (tentatively) on | The Boneyard

Xavier at Butler is (tentatively) on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sure everyone in Indiana and Connecticut are saying that they are following the science. Didn't Butler use the same refs as UConn. Is the BE saying that the ref got Covid at UConn and that's the problem? There is nothing scientific about that. The ref could have already been infected before he ever came to Storrs. Geez Louise. What a season.

Reaction Score
Help explain this to me

The players are allowed to practice from what I understand, so CT dept of health are not protecting our players.
That would mean the only people they are protecting are the players from Villanova and St. Johns!
If they are ok with playing, and their states are ok with playing, why are we even listening to the Ct dept of health on this? Those teams and players are safe and out of state!

Reaction Score
we didnt wanna play nova tonight...if we can still play SJU that would be ideal

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Thanks. Hadn't seen that. It would still be before we are scheduled to play St John's. Think there is any chance that if Butler and Xavier get the okay for Saturday that we get the okay for SJU?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Thanks. Hadn't seen that. It would still be before we are scheduled to play St John's. Think there is any chance that if Butler and Xavier get the okay for Saturday that we get the okay for SJU?
From the conference, yes. From the CTDPH, not a chance.

Reaction Score
No, St. John's already scheduled another game on Sunday, against Marquette I believe.

Nice seeing schools not afraid to play actual games.

Reaction Score
CT DPH and its COVID Policy/Guidelines have not done UConn basketball any favors this season when COVID pauses have hit the program.

I am all for being safe and not playing the scheduled game tonight versus Nova, but they really should have held off on postponing St. John's until they were able to do further daily testing. With the two schools just a two+ hour drive apart, the decision could have easily been made on Saturday after testing daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom