Wyoming alumnus here | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Wyoming alumnus here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's too bad. Maybe there's something else afoot with the Cowboy Joe Club. Hmmm.
@DCPoke Aside from some stadium parking lot nazis, Wyoming fans should experiences no issues with early tailgating and most Huskies' fans. Some UConn fans may even enjoy the Cowboy Joe Club's Rocky Mountain oystahs.

Instead of Rentschler Field parking lots, you might consider the Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Club lot cross Silver Lane (main road) from the stadium. Enter directly from Silver Lane, not the Clement Road entry/exit.

Reaction Score
@DCPoke Aside from some stadium parking lot nazis, Wyoming fans should experiences no issues with early tailgating and most Huskies' fans. Some UConn fans may even enjoy the Cowboy Joe Club's Rocky Mountain oystahs.

Instead of Rentschler Field parking lots, you might consider the Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Club lot cross Silver Lane (main road) from the stadium. Enter directly from Silver Lane, not the Clement Road entry/exit.
The Aircraft Club lot is on the North side of Silver Lane just west of the north entrance to the Rent. Last time there I found it pricier than expected but worth it.

Just to orient you a bit, there is a large Cabela's nearby before you go into the parking lot. Not sure if that would impress a westerner, but I always love going in there. Check your nav for particulars.

You might note that the stadium sits on the end of an airfield with a 10,000+ foot runway. It is no longer used, but not many decades ago they used to have company air shows there over two days. Every aircraft known to man or beast powered by Pratt & Whitney jet engines would come in and fly in the air show. F-15', F-16's, F-14's, F-111's, C-130's, C-17's, B-747 (with a light fuel load) and many others. Lotta history in that place.

Reaction Score
A couple of friends and I are driving up from Virginia to see the Cowboys play the Huskies in September. Any advice regarding accommodations, dining, and tailgating?
Welcome. Everyone been giving you great ideas, however, no one gave you places in East Hartford. I grew up in East Hartford and there are some great places to eat, especially Augie and Ray's. If you want to enjoy nature, try Wickham Park, which is on the East Hartford/Manchester town line. Another place to enjoy nature is Great River Park to see the Connecticut River and the Hartford skyline.

If you are bringing family, take them on the Essex Steam Train at the Valley Railroad Museum, one of many Railroad Museums in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
My colleague at U of Wyoming told me the wind doesn’t blow in Wyoming,Colorado sucks!

Reaction Score
Here's some interesting facts about the game. Written by a good friend of mine. He runs an all Wyoming sports web site, podcast, and covers all the games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn fans have been tailgating and avoiding the game for decades. How many UConn fans have actually watched them play Yale?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
@DCPoke camt remember if we mentioned it, but a great weekend for the Big E in West Springfield. An easy way to get a flavor of the New England states.

Reaction Score
Let us know if you need a liquor store recommendation for later.
This could be required. I take some comfort that our QB has a record for comebacks. They were down 14 to Missouri and came back to win.

Reaction Score
This could be required. I take some comfort that our QB has a record for comebacks. They were down 14 to Missouri and came back to win.
DC Poke, it was a good game...I might have see the rematch in Wyoming. Good luck with the rest of your season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom