Wyoming alumnus here | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Wyoming alumnus here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just got word the Wyoming booster group, Cowboy Joe Club, and the Wyoming Alumni Association, are co-sponsoring a tailgate event before our game. I was also told by the UW Ticket Office that sales to Wyoming fans are going real well. Looks like there’s going to be a bunch of Stetsons inPratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field

Honestly love to see it!

Reaction Score
Just got word the Wyoming booster group, Cowboy Joe Club, and the Wyoming Alumni Association, are co-sponsoring a tailgate event before our game. I was also told by the UW Ticket Office that sales to Wyoming fans are going real well. Looks like there’s going to be a bunch of Stetsons inPratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field
Greeting committee…

1628256820470.gif

Reaction Score
I just looked it up for fun. Carbon County is 7964 square miles with a population of 15,885 while CT is 5543 square miles with a population of 3.6 million. Most towns in CT have a higher population than an entire county that is larger than our state. That’s crazy.
As a kid I remember this comedian joking on TV that Wyoming had all the closet space that New York needed.

Reaction Score
If you are under 35, west Hartford center is perfect. Heck if you are over it is fine.

Been there a lot lately, it has finally arrived and has a real scene. I like Hartford Marriott, it try courtyard by Marriott in Farmington or Hampton Inn. It’s easy drive to stadium and there are local spots in Farmington too. Hartford has some nice spots, but dead since Covid.

If you are this far north, hit the breweries. In Hartford, back east brewery in Bloomfield, 5 churches New Britain are on way. Plenty along the way. If you are a big beer guy, absolutely hit up a Treehouse just over border.

if beer is god, then Treehouse is the Vatican. Treehouse is like the Hamilton play. Critics want to criticize it to keep their coolness, but it is so good they are left with the simple word brilliant coming out of their mouth.

It is brilliant beer. I don’t know how they do it.

Reaction Score
If you are under 35, west Hartford center is perfect. Heck if you are over it is fine.

Been there a lot lately, it has finally arrived and has a real scene. I like Hartford Marriott, it try courtyard by Marriott in Farmington or Hampton Inn. It’s easy drive to stadium and there are local spots in Farmington too. Hartford has some nice spots, but dead since Covid.

If you are this far north, hit the breweries. In Hartford, back east brewery in Bloomfield, 5 churches New Britain are on way. Plenty along the way. If you are a big beer guy, absolutely hit up a Treehouse just over border.

if beer is god, then Treehouse is the Vatican. Treehouse is like the Hamilton play. Critics want to criticize it to keep their coolness, but it is so good they are left with the simple word brilliant coming out of their mouth.

It is brilliant beer. I don’t know how they do it.
Nate is the Steve Jobs of beverages.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He invited me to his place in Saratoga, Wyoming to go fishing with him, I like a fool passed as I didn't want to intrude. That was a dumb thing for me to do, but now when I'm invited someplace and I want to go, I go.
That's too bad. You could have ended up on The American Sportsman!

Reaction Score
Have you ever gone to a game in Fresno?
No. But guys on the Go WYO board say some of their fans could be jerks. I suspect some of our guy were being jerks too, so who knows?

Reaction Score
A couple of friends and I are driving up from Virginia to see the Cowboys play the Huskies in September. Any advice regarding accommodations, dining, and tailgating?

It'll be a great trip. I'm definitely bringing the family to this game...I got my MBA from U'dub - and the experience in Laramie was fantastic. I traveled all over the area while out there - dated the daughter of sheriff from a small town - and spent a Summer at an internship at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Loved the environment and the people. But, in my heart of hearts, I will always belong to my undergrad school, UConn. However...I think I might rock some of my Wyo gear while I put my kids in UConn gear...represent a little of both.

Reaction Score
I used to mow Curt Howdy's mother's lawn. During high school I worked for a landscaping business in Cheyenne whose owner was old friends with Curt's parents. During the summer he'd send me over to mow her lawn one a week or so. Nice lady

It'll be a great trip. I'm definitely bringing the family to this game...I got my MBA from U'dub - and the experience in Laramie was fantastic. I traveled all over the area while out there - dated the daughter of sheriff from a small town - and spent a Summer at an internship at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Loved the environment and the people. But, in my heart of hearts, I will always belong to my undergrad school, UConn. However...I think I might rock some of my Wyo gear while I put my kids in UConn gear...represent a little of both.
Cool! As we say, "Once a Cowboy, always a Cowboy"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom