Wyoming alumnus here | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Wyoming alumnus here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It'll be a great trip. I'm definitely bringing the family to this game...I got my MBA from U'dub - and the experience in Laramie was fantastic. I traveled all over the area while out there - dated the daughter of sheriff from a small town - and spent a Summer at an internship at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Loved the environment and the people. But, in my heart of hearts, I will always belong to my undergrad school, UConn. However...I think I might rock some of my Wyo gear while I put my kids in UConn gear...represent a little of both.
C’mon bro. No wearing Wyoming gear at the Rent for a true UConn fan. Go to a game at Wyoming for that.

Reaction Score
C’mon bro. No wearing Wyoming gear at the Rent for a true UConn fan. Go to a game at Wyoming for that.

Ha! Yeah...cause getting to Laramie is just that easy. I rarely get to wear the Brown and Gold...just let me have it, for one day.

Reaction Score
Ha! Yeah...cause getting to Laramie is just that easy. I rarely get to wear the Brown and Gold...just let me have it, for one day.
Undergrad > Grad always IMHO, yet a heavy UConn-lean shirt with subtle grad schools' hats worked previously. Especially at Huskies' away games, opponent fans' confused looks, comments, etc. can be entertaining. Enjoy your Brown & Gold hat; matches well with National Flag Blue & White. ;)

Reaction Score
Food, fun, music, and animals!

Connecticut (CT) Fairs 2021 - The Durham Agricultural Fair Association, Inc. (durhamfair.com)

1629552873393.png

Reaction Score
It’s game week so I’m making final preps for the drive to East Hartford. I’m planning on leaving at 4 a.m. so as to beat the heaviest traffic out of the DC metro area. Google maps estimates a 6 to 7 hour drive along I-95 through upper Manhattan. I’m going to swing out to the west and take a track through Allentown, PA and work my way around NYC. It’ll add a couple of hours to the trip, but it’s worth it. I’m staying in the Comfort Inn & Suites across from the Stadium.

Thanks for all the advice. Looking forward to the game and meeting some Husky fans!

Reaction Score
It’s game week so I’m making final preps for the drive to East Hartford. I’m planning on leaving at 4 a.m. so as to beat the heaviest traffic out of the DC metro area. Google maps estimates a 6 to 7 hour drive along I-95 through upper Manhattan. I’m going to swing out to the west and take a track through Allentown, PA and work my way around NYC. It’ll add a couple of hours to the trip, but it’s worth it. I’m staying in the Comfort Inn & Suites across from the Stadium.

Thanks for all the advice. Looking forward to the game and meeting some Husky fans!
Quick unrelated question for you before you jump into your car. It is often said that Burlington, VT, is not part of Vermont. My question is, is Jackson Hole part of Wyoming? I think you understand what I mean, right?

Reaction Score
CTGive
Quick unrelated question for you before you jump into your car. It is often said that Burlington, VT, is not part of Vermont. My question is, is Jackson Hole part of Wyoming? I think you understand what I mean, right?
Given that 99.8 percent of Wyoming's residents couldn't afford to buy property in the Jackson Hole area, and that Harrison Ford and the heiress to the Walmart fortune live there make it outside the norm of the typical Wyoming experience.
I grew up in Southeast Wyoming which is also not within the typical Wyoming experience, but a hell of a lot closer than Jackson Hole.

Reaction Score
I have a stadium question. We bought tickets from UW to sit with the Wyoming fans. They are in Section 134, tucked way in the corner, left as you are facing the scoreboard. Assuming the game is not sold out, would we be able to "drift" to other empty seats later in the game? Or, do you have strict "Seat Nazis" at the portals that will defend unused seats to the death?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I have a stadium question. We bought tickets from UW to sit with the Wyoming fans. They are in Section 134, tucked way in the corner, left as you are facing the scoreboard. Assuming the game is not sold out, would we be able to "drift" to other empty seats later in the game? Or, do you have strict "Seat Nazis" at the portals that will defend unused seats to the death?
You’ll have no problem drifting around the stadium seating. No problem at all.

Reaction Score
There are seat Nazis, at least for the seat backs, but they tend to disappear after the first quarter. Maybe even sooner.

Reaction Score
As stated above, you shouldn't have any problem. In the early days of the RENT, the "tennis ball Nazis" (so named for the green color of their windbreakers) would threat patrons with ejection for the following "infringements":
-using a telephoto lens on an SLR camera
-trying to bring in cow bells, air horns, or other noisemakers
-in the early days of cell phones with cameras, refusal to give the Nazis your phone battery before game & picking it up at customer "no service" post game. Imagine how on call medical personnel felt about this decision.
-bringing a hand held tv to the game. We had two 9-10 y.o. kids in our party. They were watching Res Sox-Yankees on the hand held. The Nazis demanded the batteries or be ejected. We gave them the batteries, waited until they walked away, & put the spares back in. The State trooper nearby said that if they came back to call him & asked the kids the score of the game.

Times HAVE changed but the no noisemaker policy is still in effect.

Reaction Score
You will have no problem being a drifter. It's a very safe assumption that the game is not sold out. Make sure you also drift to the UConn Dairy Bar ice cream truck, which is parked behind the big screen. It is fantastic.

Reaction Score
As stated above, you shouldn't have any problem. In the early days of the RENT, the "tennis ball Nazis" (so named for the green color of their windbreakers) would threat patrons with ejection for the following "infringements":
-using a telephoto lens on an SLR camera
-trying to bring in cow bells, air horns, or other noisemakers
-in the early days of cell phones with cameras, refusal to give the Nazis your phone battery before game & picking it up at customer "no service" post game. Imagine how on call medical personnel felt about this decision.
-bringing a hand held tv to the game. We had two 9-10 y.o. kids in our party. They were watching Res Sox-Yankees on the hand held. The Nazis demanded the batteries or be ejected. We gave them the batteries, waited until they walked away, & put the spares back in. The State trooper nearby said that if they came back to call him & asked the kids the score of the game.

Times HAVE changed but the no noisemaker policy is still in effect.
We're not like Mississippi State fans with their damn cowbells. We just bring us.

Reaction Score
We're not like Mississippi State fans with their damn cowbells. We just bring us.
What's ironic is that, in the past, the RENT would host high school rivalry games. One such match was Southington vs. New Britain. My wife was President of the S.H.S. Booster Club & my son was on the Southington team. Parents on both sides were ALLOWED to bring in cow bells & air horns. The rules were different as the games weren't televised.

Reaction Score
Another couple of questions regarding the stadium, if I may. Our booster group, the Cowboy Joe Club, didn't host their usual tailgate because they said the Rent's parking lots don't open until 90 minutes before the kickoff. A. Is this true? B. If true, isn't tailgating curtailed a lot?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Another couple of questions regarding the stadium, if I may. Our booster group, the Cowboy Joe Club, didn't host their usual tailgate because they said the Rent's parking lots don't open until 90 minutes before the kickoff. A. Is this true? B. If true, isn't tailgating curtailed a lot?
Lots are open 4 hours before kickoff, and 5 hours for parking pass holders. Tailgating has been the best part of the UCFB experience for years now. Hope to see you there!

Tailgating Info - Rentschler Field

Reaction Score
You can sit nearly anywhere you want. There are no bad views. The seats with chairbacks may be "guarded" but other than that, you'll have your pick from about 20k empty seats. There's a great view of the field, scoreboard, and downtown Hartford from the east end of the stadium (opposite the visitor's section).
That's unfortunate that they were given bad info. The lots are open 4 hours ahead of time. There's one good thing about UConn football, and it isn't the football.

Reaction Score
That's too bad. Maybe there's something else afoot with the Cowboy Joe Club. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom