OT: - WSJ: Who wins the balance sheet bracket? | The Boneyard

OT: WSJ: Who wins the balance sheet bracket?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What would a college basketball team be worth on the open market if it could be bought / sold like a pro franchise?

Market value based on a study of income statement / cash flow by Indiana Univ fin prof. #1: KY, $346.2M. #38: UConn, $58.0M.

How Much Is Your College-Basketball Team Worth?
Not signing up but makes sense. They've been around for 200 years compared to what 30-40? Also they have literally nothing else to do in Kentucky besides go to Louisville and Kentucky games

Reaction Score
Considering it was $137MM last year (58% decrease), this could be incredibly alarming. That being said, valuations are purely speculative estimates and I'm guessing what he is doing does not fully consider intangibles and differences in conference affiliations. He's looking solely at cashflows which of course when you're in the AAC are pretty bad. Some of you may remember my tweet on this last year (below) and as the results kind of showed that year, there is a lot of reason for skepticism in the numbers. Some of it looks OK, but a lot of it appears to be driven more by TV pay outs from conference than success, interest, and potential growth of the program.

I still say the 58% decrease is alarming, but it's alarming for reasons that have been hashed out here and on the conference realignment board time after time so we already are all on the same page.

I tried reaching out to this Mr. Brewer last year to ask about his process from one professional to another and he never responded. If you don't want to talk about your methodology and process for something that is put out the public, that also makes me even more skeptical of the work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom