Wow | The Boneyard

Wow

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
For those of you who never saw Diana take charge of a young team...well you got an idea today watching Paige. Paige reminds me of Diana in her last 3 years at UConn. She makes everybody else better and keeps the team involved. She has the confidence swagger and game of a senior. I can only imagine what next year brings when Azzi gets here with Amari Saylor and Caroline. Paige and Azzi will be like Diana and Sue and for those of you who never saw them get ready for the show. Paige toko charge of the team today. She made things happen when there was nothing there. Paige was the coach on the floor and this was her first game.

A few things we need to improve on. Movement, getting to the line, and finishing around the basket. Our next 5 games will let us know where we are and what we need to improve on. The Hall and Creighton games will be a fair test. We are a month or so behind everybody else in playing games. We are also young and inexperienced as a team and we will learn from our mistakes. I am looking forward to the next couple of games to see where we are against competition in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Loved Diana, but she was always moving to get open to take the shot. Paige is a true pass first point guard with almost the offensive skills and Diana. Never seen a frosh play with this much poise.
Did you notice that she led or tied for the lead in Points, Rebounds, Assists and Steaks. I wonder if a Freshman has ever done that before at UConn? Moore perhaps?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Spell check does some peculiar things. For one thing, it insists on changing the word f i g h t to beat. Seems odd.

Reaction Score
For those of you who never saw Diana take charge of a young team...well you got an idea today watching Paige. Paige reminds me of Diana in her last 3 years at UConn. She makes everybody else better and keeps the team involved. She has the confidence swagger and game of a senior. I can only imagine what next year brings when Azzi gets here with Amari Saylor and Caroline. Paige and Azzi will be like Diana and Sue and for those of you who never saw them get ready for the show. Paige toko charge of the team today. She made things happen when there was nothing there. Paige was the coach on the floor and this was her first game.

A few things we need to improve on. Movement, getting to the line, and finishing around the basket. Our next 5 games will let us know where we are and what we need to improve on. The Hall and Creighton games will be a fair test. We are a month or so behind everybody else in playing games. We are also young and inexperienced as a team and we will learn from our mistakes. I am looking forward to the next couple of games to see where we are against competition in the Big East.

Re: Paige

She is very impressive. (Reminds me of Taurasi big time. In every way) This whole team looks very impressive....We finally have some size underneath at long last.. Edwards looks like she can play big time....

The weird thing is....I still think Griffin has the most potential... No matter how good everyone else is...

Reaction Score
Not only does she have DT ability she has the moxy and swagger. She carries herself like she knows she’s the best on the court. For a kid playing in her first game it was mesmerizing. Not many kids have “it” she does in spades.

Reaction Score
I liked everything I saw.

Paige was everything she was advertised to be, and more. I was surprised by and loved her aggressive moves to the hoop. It'll take some time for her teammates to learn to anticipate her uncanny passes.

Aaliyah Edwards was a surprise - an aggressive big with speed and skills. And Gabriel showed flashes of the same. Both need as much playing time as can be afforded them.

I didn't see much difference between last year's ONO and Christyn Williams and this year's editions, but both were good enough. ONO looked rusty around the basket and maybe had a skosh more aggression than she showed last year. She'll be fine. Christyn still puts too much arc on her outside shot for my tastes but I love her moves to the basket and her aggressive defense.

I think this team has as much or more pure athleticism than any UConn team I can remember.

Reaction Score
Did you notice that she led or tied for the lead in Points, Rebounds, Assists and Steals. I wonder if a Freshman has ever done that before at UConn? Moore perhaps?

Over the last 20 seasons (2001-01 to 2019-20) that feat has been achieved 20 times (out of 745 games = 2.7% games or approx once a season).

The only other Freshmen to achieve it during that period was Maya Moore vs Georgetown W 80-48 (25pts, 9 Rebs, 4 Asts, 1 Stl).

Full List of Players

1607834045329.png

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Got to post #4 on the UConn vs UMass Bad Ass Award.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom