OT: - Worst movie of all time | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Worst movie of all time

Reaction Score
If you ever played the

So did a lot of people. For me, if I want all the characters to screw off, it doesn’t work. I know several other people who hated it. It was also a virtual theft of a Sigourney Weaver flick called “The Ice Storm” set in Connecticut during a true big ice storm. The characters, like those in The American Beauty, including the kids, were all miserable. Not my idea of entertainment. I need to identify with at least one character, hero or villain. Had to love Rickman in Die Hard.

On the general idea of horrible movies, if you’ve never played the game Balderdash, there is a category of actual movie titles you have to make up what you think was the story line. It’s a miracle if anyone has actually heard of any of them and I’d guess they all rank with the worst of the worst.
I still think Sigourney Weaver should have had an Oscar nomination for that movie.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
So many. Here is one.
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Oh man, gotta strongly but respectfully disagree. That movie is brilliant, retelling the Odyssey in the social context of the American South around the great depression. And the soundtrack won the Grammy for best album, to boot, something no movie since the Bodyguard has accomplished!I "I'll fly away, fly away, oh, Glory, I'll fly away..."

From Justin to Kelly comes to mind as one of the worst conceived, worst executed, misuses of actual talent I've ever seen on the screen. That the principals were all required by contract to participate in it before there was even a plot or script is suggestive of just how little the quality mattered.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Criteria on a personal rather than artistic level would have to be any movie I walked out or wished I could have walked out of before the end because every character was so repulsive that I could not stand spending another minute with them other than wishing that they would all die. Further, the directing made it an even worse experience. Royal Tenebaums, Heredity, and Uncut Gems are among those I wish I could forget.

Reaction Score
I think that the worst movie by far (acknowledged by many) is "Plan Nine from Outer Space". If you can find it, see it! So bad it's funny...maybe. An Ed Wood special, it has to beat them all.
It's playing on TCM this month. Last Friday night they did a 90 minute script read of the movie and then followed with the movie. One of the details of the movie was Boris Karloff died before filming started so they used his wife's chiropractor as a fill in. He played a zombie vampire so he covered his face with his robe. Also, the main female zombie vampire, that looked like Elvira, had a freakishly small waist. It felt like she should split in half at any second.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Postman

/thread.

Reaction Score
Oh man, gotta strongly but respectfully disagree. That movie is brilliant, retelling the Odyssey in the social context of the American South around the great depression. And the soundtrack won the Grammy for best album, to boot, something no movie since the Bodyguard has accomplished!I "I'll fly away, fly away, oh, Glory, I'll fly away..."

From Justin to Kelly comes to mind as one of the worst conceived, worst executed, misuses of actual talent I've ever seen on the screen. That the principals were all required by contract to participate in it before there was even a plot or script is suggestive of just how little the quality mattered.
Roger Ebert I’m not. I do like this song though.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ok, maybe not the worst of all time, but The American Beauty won the Oscar and I hated it. There wasn’t a single character, good or bad, I could identify with and I wanted them all to die to put themselves out of their misery.
I think that was what they were going for. (and I thoroughly enjoyed it)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Troll 2 is comically bad on so many levels and has a cult following as a result. From Justin to Kelly is up there too.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

You guys have more in common than you might think. IIRC, he assessed it as thoroughly mediocre (though not the worst of all time, hah!)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You guys obviously didn't have kids during the 90's. Having to take the kids to see any of the Pokeman or Rugrats movie(s) cemented me for Father of the Year (or what parents go through for their kids). Still makes me shudder.

Reaction Score
I actually walked out on this crappy sci-fi space junk.

1620824718764.png

Reaction Score
Worst of all time? OMG hard to pick just one.

Clan of the cave bear with Darryl Hannah (the books are incredible. The movie dreadful)
Flash Gordon (huge fantasy and sci fi movie buff, but it failed in every way imaginable)
The last airbender (see "Flash Gordon" comments)
Cats (LOVED the play)
ANYTHING with Adam Sandler (seriously how does he continue to work in Hollywood??)
Batman and Robin (just awful, but Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones in "batman forever" were equally horrible)
Howard the Duck - sat thru about 15 minutes of it and literally walked out

That's all i can think of off the top of my my head. Fun thread!
I also walked out on Howard the Duck.

I despise Inglorious Bastards and Django. Oddly, I rank Pulp Fiction as an all-time great and really like Jackie Brown.

Abe Lincoln Vampire Slayer is one of the alltime worst but wasn't that the goal?

Yes, the Three Amigos was bad.

Birth of a Nation has a despicable message and more despicable portrayals but it is a very well made piece of film from a technical standpoint. Same can be said of Triumph of the Will.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

I loved the music in this movie. And I was fascinated with the parallels to "The Odyssey" and how certain characters were plucked from that tale. Even the KKK candidate for governor was named Homer. I thought the whole thing just clever as heck. The actors stayed in character throughout. And having lived in Alabama for over 35 years, it kinda felt like home! "Didn't Leave Nobody But the Baby" was a mesmerizing song and scene. For those who found the film less that satisfying, De Gustibus Non est Disputandum.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Dumb and Dumberer was really bad. So was Zoolander 2. Watch out for sequels that come way, way after the moment has passed for the original.

The Lobster got some critical acclaim but I absolutely despised it.

I don't think any movie has made me angrier than Brimstone, that was pretty awful.

It's so hard to know how to even approach this subject. D grade or Z grade movies you know going in are going to be bad so you have zero expectations. If you have high hopes for something and it turns out really bad, the disappointment is much more. Pretty hard to compare movies from those 2 categories.

Reaction Score
Hard to answer since most of the really bad ones I saw on TV and never made it to the end! Ha!. In a theater, it was "Very Bad Things" a horribly violent movie I was talked into seeing by family members with my teenage son with us. After a few minutes we were all horribly embarrassed with him there giving each other that "what were we thinking" look!

Because we were so horrified my son of course decided to make that his greatest movie he had ever seen, and it remains a family joke.

Reaction Score
Wow. A lot of you have no idea what an actual bad movie is as opposed to not liking a movie or being disappointed by a movie.

Totally agree with this statement. There are a bunch of quality movies that are listed on this thread that I don't think belong here. There are quality movies that I don't care for, but just because I don't care for them doesn't necessarily make them bad films.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom