OT: - Worst movie of all time | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Worst movie of all time

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Also will upset people with this but I cant stand most of the Wes Anderson movies.
His movies are very quirky, it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. He's hit and miss for me.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
moulin rouge! (hey, don't blame me for the exclamation mark, they put it in the title.) ladies, a word of advice - don't make ur guy watch this, as the next tune that he'll be singing is
'all my bags are packed, im ready to go...'

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's why we have "All the Right Moves".

Ahh but that came before Back to the Future.

I agree with you on Hudson Hawk. I think my fondness for it comes from the music used to time things. When Bruce and Danny are singing Bing Crosby Swinging on a Star, that’s just kind of fun and puts a smile on my face.

Reaction Score
the 2003 Hulk Movie, was the only movie i've walked out of, actually maybe also Watchmen. Also will upset people with this but I cant stand most of the Wes Anderson movies.

nwhoopfan said:
His movies are very quirky, it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. He's hit and miss for me.

I've said this before, my favorite director currently making movies is Wes Anderson. I look forward to anything he puts out these days. That being said, I will certainly admit, there is no question that his movies are very quirky and that his stuff would not necessarily appeal to everyone. But they hit the spot for me.

By the way, the first Wes Anderson movie I saw was "Life Aquatic", and I saw that one before I knew anything about Wes Anderson. Someone gave me the DVD to watch. It really left me scratching my head, and at the time I really didn't care for it. The movie that really turned me onto Wes Anderson is "Moonrise Kingdom", one of my favorite films of the last decade. One of these days I expect that I will give "Life Aquatic" another viewing. Given how I feel about Anderson these days I very well might change my mind on it, or maybe I will still not care for it.

Reaction Score
I preferred 'Fantastic Mr. Fox' and 'Isle of Dogs', but then I like cartoons.
Nothing wrong with liking animated films. I think both of these movies are good as well. In fact, "Isle of Dogs" is one of my favorite Wes Anderson films, coming in second to "Moonrise Kingdom".

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
By the way, the first Wes Anderson movie I saw was "Life Aquatic", and I saw that one before I knew anything about Wes Anderson. Someone gave me the DVD to watch. It really left me scratching my head, and at the time I really didn't care for it... One of these days I expect that I will give "Life Aquatic" another viewing. Given how I feel about Anderson these days I very well might change my mind on it, or maybe I will still not care for it.

Same here, I didn't get it then. I saw it again after my Anderson light bulb went off and now I like it as much as any of them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oliver Stone's "Nixon." Number one, who want to watch a movie about Richard Nixon. Second, see number one.
I nominate Frost/Nixon. Maybe my favorite Ron Howard movie.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bottle rocket was good, life aquatic I couldnt get into
Loved The Life Aquatic. I got a chance to look at some Jock Cousteau equipment. It looked terrific on TV but much of it was pretty standard with some cosmetic add on to look "fancy" on screen. There are some scenes in TLA that remind me of that.

Reaction Score
Consider yourself fortunate. I was with my 5 -6 year old son. It was aimed at his age group. He loved every second of it's infantile humor and false bravado action. I sat thru the (w)hole thing.
BTW, he still remembers it fondly.
"space herpes" was aimed at 5-6 year old ? I beg to differ.

Reaction Score
I have a new candidate. Shadow in the Cloud. Woman fakes orders and sows a fake uniform and climbs on to a B 29 in World War II at the last second with a satchel bag that she is particularly attached to. They end up putting her in the bottom turret. The things she does on this flight, even though she’s entirely untrained, include shooting down two Japanese zeros and pilot the plane after the pilot is killed. But that isn’t the worst part of this movie. She climbs out of the plane, while it’s flying climbs upside down under the wing to battle a gremlin, while the plane is under attack by three Japanese zeros and then bend the pipe into a hook and uses it to catch the satchel, which we find out contained her baby. Once on the ground, after she is crash landed the plane, she has one final fight with the gremlin who is trying to steal her baby. She breaks the gremlins arm and then uses it to rip the gremlins throat out. Then she breast-feeds her baby.

I would’ve warned about “spoiler alert“ but there is no possible way to spoil this movie it is one hour and 23 minutes of suck.
And I don't remember if we've lamented Rotten Tomatoes here, or elsewhere, but having read some of the reviews at IMDB it is unconscionable that this move gets 78% positive reviews by "critics" at RT. Apparently for GURL power or some such ridiculous BS.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
"space herpes" was aimed at 5-6 year old ? I beg to differ.

Simplex or zoster? Just kidding, but, I didn't say it was in good taste. Only infantile. A dumbed down version of Science Fiction adventure, written and produced by people who didn't understand SF. Maybe I missed the mark by overstating the age group?

Reaction Score
Simplex or zoster? Just kidding, but, I didn't say it was in good taste. Only infantile. A dumbed down version of Science Fiction adventure, written and produced by people who didn't understand SF. Maybe I missed the mark by overstating the age group?
Glad to see I'm not alone in my recollection... The Ice Pirates (1984) - IMDb

One of the top reviews references Mars Attacks and Buckaroo Bonzai, so this one belongs in "Best Bad Movies", not here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom