OT: - Worst movie of all time | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Worst movie of all time

Reaction Score
Which version of Lost Horizon are you talking about? I've never seen it, but the 1973 version of Lost Horizon has a very bad reputation. However, the Frank Capra version from 1937 is in my mind one of his best movies. I've seen the Capra version a number of times.
73 - absolute snooze job!!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I saw this movie over 50 years ago, maybe it's gotten better with time. I doubt it, however I'm glad you like it. I know I will never take the time to watch it again.
Whoa, I don't think we're talking about the same version of the movie. The one I professed my love for is from 2005. I know nothing about a 50 year old version of it.

Reaction Score
The rotting corpse in the chimney story was different level hilarity.
Having been on a body recovery call where we literally had to remove a rotting corpse from a chimney I take a somewhat different view of that particular story...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Having been on a body recovery call where we literally had to remove a rotting corpse from a chimney I take a somewhat different view of that particular story...
I was being facetious. I do not regard Gremlins as a comedy, dark or otherwise. I saw it in the theater at 7 years old and it gave me nightmares for years. Friday the 13th is more of a comedy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have a new candidate. Shadow in the Cloud. Woman fakes orders and sows a fake uniform and climbs on to a B 29 in World War II at the last second with a satchel bag that she is particularly attached to. They end up putting her in the bottom turret. The things she does on this flight, even though she’s entirely untrained, include shooting down two Japanese zeros and pilot the plane after the pilot is killed. But that isn’t the worst part of this movie. She climbs out of the plane, while it’s flying climbs upside down under the wing to battle a gremlin, while the plane is under attack by three Japanese zeros and then bend the pipe into a hook and uses it to catch the satchel, which we find out contained her baby. Once on the ground, after she is crash landed the plane, she has one final fight with the gremlin who is trying to steal her baby. She breaks the gremlins arm and then uses it to rip the gremlins throat out. Then she breast-feeds her baby.

I would’ve warned about “spoiler alert“ but there is no possible way to spoil this movie it is one hour and 23 minutes of suck.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Almost as good as "Attack of the Killer Tomatos," but better than "Captain Marvel."

Chloe Grace Moretz more believable than Brie Larson.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I get happy when Hudson Hawk or Joe vs The Volcano show up on cable. Are they good movies? No. But I can enjoy enough elements of each to find them more entertaining than a whole lot of other dreck. Who didn't love the luggage shop scene in Joe?

Only movie I ever walked on it a theatre was the remake of "Fun with Dick and Jane" with Jim Carrey. And I enjoy Tea Leoni, but it was just painful.

I'll throw in "Batman vs Superman". What a stupid premise and awful waste of $300 million. Most recently, "Without Remorse", which similar to CL82's post above, was just completely unbelievable in addition to be poorly acted, mostly shot in the dark, a lot of mumbling dialogue, and an insult to Tom Clancy.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
I have a new candidate. Shadow in the Cloud. Woman fakes orders and sows a fake uniform and climbs on to a B 29 in World War II at the last second with a satchel bag that she is particularly attached to. They end up putting her in the bottom turret. The things she does on this flight, even though she’s entirely untrained, include shooting down two Japanese zeros and pilot the plane after the pilot is killed. But that isn’t the worst part of this movie. She climbs out of the plane, while it’s flying climbs upside down under the wing to battle a gremlin, while the plane is under attack by three Japanese zeros and then bend the pipe into a hook and uses it to catch the satchel, which we find out contained her baby. Once on the ground, after she is crash landed the plane, she has one final fight with the gremlin who is trying to steal her baby. She breaks the gremlins arm and then uses it to rip the gremlins throat out. Then she breast-feeds her baby.

I would’ve warned about “spoiler alert“ but there is no possible way to spoil this movie it is one hour and 23 minutes of suck.

Have I said that I love science fiction and fantasy? What a plot line. Is the character development up their too?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Have I said that I love science fiction and fantasy? What a plot line. Is the character development up their too?
It actually starts out OK. But from the upside wing crawl at an estimated air speed of, say, 300 mph it all goes downhill.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Hey, we got moved to Entertainment board! How can that be right?

Basketball and wings and air speed. Seems OK?
Selective overzealous moderator. if this doesn't belong where it was on the main WBB thread why do the other movie threads belong there? After all at the top of the main page it advocates for music, & entertainment etc. So what gives?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What a terrible thread. Some really good movies listed here as being terrible.

A terrible movie needs to be terrible compared to expectations and intent. Of course Howard the Duck is terrible. It's nothing more than a vehicle for Lea Thompson to look cute after Back to the Future. Showgirls is terrible, but is redeemed by significant nudity from a star of Saved by the Bell. Indeed, I think that's it's entire reason for existence - shock value. Imagine people listing Bo Derek movies here. I mean...every Bo Derek movie except 10 has only one reason for being made. Plot, story and acting are not among the reasons.

Chariots of Fire is terrible. Yes, it won best picture, but it's terrible. A story about nothing.
Out of Africa is terrible. Boring beyond imagination.
The English Patient is another unworthy film.

Reaction Score

A terrible movie needs to be terrible compared to expectations and intent. Of course Howard the Duck is terrible. It's nothing more than a vehicle for Lea Thompson to look cute after Back to the Future. Showgirls is terrible, but is redeemed by significant nudity from a star of Saved by the Bell. Indeed, I think that's it's entire reason for existence - shock value. Imagine people listing Bo Derek movies here. I mean...every Bo Derek movie except 10 has only two large jiggly reasons for being made. Plot, story and acting are not among the reasons.

Chariots of Fire is terrible. Yes, it won best picture, but it's terrible. A story about nothing.
Fixed.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score

A terrible movie needs to be terrible compared to expectations and intent. Of course Howard the Duck is terrible. It's nothing more than a vehicle for Lea Thompson to look cute after Back to the Future. Showgirls is terrible, but is redeemed by significant nudity from a star of Saved by the Bell. Indeed, I think that's it's entire reason for existence - shock value. Imagine people listing Bo Derek movies here. I mean...every Bo Derek movie except 10 has only one reason for being made. Plot, story and acting are not among the reasons.

Glad that you have been anointed as the arbiter of good and bad movies. Not up to you to decide what is a bad or good movie for someone else. This is close to censorship, and I don't think you were elected to tell people what is good or bad. In a slow WBB time people were having a little fun and interacting in a good way. a bad thing, I don't think so.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Glad that you have been anointed as the arbiter of good and bad movies. Not up to you to decide what is a bad or good movie for someone else. This is close to censorship, and I don't think you were elected to tell people what is good or bad. In a slow WBB time people were having a little fun and interacting in a good way. a bad thing, I don't think so.
Everything we love about the WBB board, neatly packaged in one short post.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I get happy when Hudson Hawk or Joe vs The Volcano show up on cable. Are they good movies? No. But I can enjoy enough elements of each to find them more entertaining than a whole lot of other dreck. Who didn't love the luggage shop scene in Joe?
I haven't seen it in forever, but I enjoyed Joe vs. The Volcano back in the day. Meg Ryan was just so darn adorable (and there were 2 versions of her IIRC?).

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I Am Love.
IMdb: 7/10; Rotten Tomatoes: 81%; MetaCritic 79%; Boba: Please make it stop, I'll sign zee papers if you blind and deafen me.

No really, I closed my eyes after the first few minutes because it was so bad. Had to endure it all (with eyes closed most of the time, trying to sleep) because the frau dragged me there. Like ALL the plays by Andrew Lloyd Webber it is a crime against humanity.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I haven't seen it in forever, but I enjoyed Joe vs. The Volcano back in the day. Meg Ryan was just so darn adorable (and there were 2 versions of her IIRC?).
Three.

Joe's co-worker,
"Flibberty-jibbit" California chaperone
Boat captain

Reaction Score
the 2003 Hulk Movie, was the only movie i've walked out of, actually maybe also Watchmen. Also will upset people with this but I cant stand most of the Wes Anderson movies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom