OT: - Wordle stats problems since NYT takeover? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Wordle stats problems since NYT takeover?

Reaction Score
I’m positive…a friend discovered this the other day…and several of us compared notes today and we each had one of two words.
It was a mistake today with the NYT acquisition, it's supposed to be the same word for everyone

Reaction Score
Today it said I had solved 2 puzzles. Every once in a while I clear out my history and cache so I wonder if that will affect anything.

Today I solved
"aroma."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It was a mistake today with the NYT acquisition, it's supposed to be the same word for everyone

So there’s like a smart person version and a dumb person version?

Reaction Score
So there’s like a smart person version and a dumb person version?
Lol pretty much, I have seen a lot of complaining that the NYT has made it too difficult

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Lol pretty much, I have seen a lot of complaining that the NYT has made it too difficult
In all seriousness, I’m a little confused about what happened today. Were there two entirely different puzzles, or two different words from those same five letters?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I’m a little confused about what happened today. Were there two entirely different puzzles, or two different words from those same five letters?
Two diff. words today. I played on the original site today. Then i saw on tiktok that someone played on the original site and then refreshed their browser and it redirected to the NY times site (and all their stats carried over) and they played the word again and was shocked that the WORD WAS NOT EVEN ON THE WORDLE LIST but then eventually got the word.

So I refreshed my browser and the same thing happened. I got the word because it's similar in letters (not all the same though). So I guess NY Times has redefined what words are valid, but my question is why diverge and have two different words and two different sites up? So weird

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Today it said I had solved 2 puzzles. Every once in a while I clear out my history and cache so I wonder if that will affect anything.

Today I solved
"aroma."
It will. I did it Tuesday and my stats are gone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom