Wondering about SSD hard drives. | The Boneyard

Wondering about SSD hard drives.

Reaction Score
Through the years I have owned 4 external hard drives, while one got the dreaded click of death not even three years after I got it I still have my red WD drive from my UNI years in the mid 2000s! Any way, it seems the prices for SSD external hard drives have dropped dramatically in 2018. What appeals to me is they seem to be more durable as from what I heard they have no moving parts.. Perfect as I travel a lot and I would love to have a backup travel with me and going over bumpy roads with a non ssd drive... Ehhhh. So, is this true, what I say? Is it worth buying a SSD in 2018 for more dependable back up that won't have you worrying about the click of death? (I treat my back up external drives like a newborn baby, very very fragile and I am very careful, except when I travel with it due to external factors like those roads).... Are SSD worth buying? I would love 1.5 to 2 TB of storage... It seems you can now get 250 to 500 gb for about 100 to 150 dollars give or take. Saw 1 TB for 270.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom