WolfPack trying to cut into UConn's base? | The Boneyard

WolfPack trying to cut into UConn's base?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Strange, I've never bought tickets to a Wolfpack game - I went to one where a ticket was given to me so I could watch my wife's nephew play between periods - then all of a sudden this week I get a voice mail from a Wolfpack person - called back, went to VM so I just let it be.

Then last night after the Brass Bonanza they have the howl that I think is the Wolfpack sound

So, I'm assuming the Wolfpack are making a concerted effort to reach into the UConn fanbase and get a piece of the action.

And it all started happening this week.

Anyone else get a call?

Reaction Score
No, I noticed that stupid howl.
Some people here think they should disavow, but UConn is without a doubt seeing a bump in attendance by being a CT home team and somewhat catering to the whaler fanbase.

The Wolfpack never did that and has fractured the Hartford hockey market.
They need to leave. Bring in a neutral affiliate(not based in NE or mid-Atlantic)

Reaction Score
The AHL is a great hockey league.

Is there any truth to the Wolf Pack moving to Bridgeport and the Sound Tigers moving to Long Island? That would be huge for Bridgeport to have the Rangers' farm team in the modern AHL.

Reaction Score

Is there any truth to the Wolf Pack moving to Bridgeport and the Sound Tigers moving to Long Island? That would be huge for Bridgeport to have the Rangers' farm team in the modern AHL.
Would also be great for UConn.

Reaction Score

Part of the terms that Ratner has to meet when renovating Nassau Coliseum is bringing in a AHL team as a tenant. The Islanders own the Sound Tigers...but nothing is solid yet. I'm not sure how renovation is going...I do know there is no ice at the Coliseum right now because the annual FDNY/NYPD game is being played at MSG in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Part of the terms that Ratner has to meet when renovating Nassau Coliseum is bringing in a AHL team as a tenant. The Islanders own the Sound Tigers...but nothing is solid yet. I'm not sure how renovation is going...I do know there is no ice at the Coliseum right now because the annual FDNY/NYPD game is being played at MSG in a few weeks.

The Nassau Coliseum renovation project is being run by the same agency that owns Barclay's and the Islanders and the arena's capacity will be reduced to around 10K, which is ideal for AHL teams. Thus, I would be very surprised if the Islanders do not move their team to Long Island in 2017/18. Then the question is if the Rangers will move their team to Bridgeport.

http://www.barclayscenter.com/long-island-like-never-before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline