WNBA version of Jordan? | The Boneyard

WNBA version of Jordan?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
In the 1990s Swoopes. Was called the closest thing to MJ in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Laugh now, but Diamond absolutely has the potential to become one of the best players in the league within the next few years.

That potential never materialized during her years in the NCAA, although the same high accolades were thrown around back then.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That potential never materialized during her years in the NCAA, although the same high accolades were thrown around back then.

That's right. Diamond has all the physical tools to be one of the elite players in the world. That's never been questioned. What we didn't see in college was that fierce competitiveness and will to win that defined MJ. Doug Bruno once referred to Maya's "innards.' Usually those qualities are revealed in college.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
That's right. Diamond has all the physical tools to be one of the elite players in the world. That's never been questioned. What we didn't see in college was that fierce competitiveness and will to win that defined MJ. Doug Bruno once referred to Maya's "innards.' Usually those qualities are revealed in college.

I certainly phrased it that way on purpose. In her defense, both college programs she played for were disasters with coaches who have since been replaced.

That's the intrigue of Diamond. Can she finally put it all together on a consistent basis? I don't blame the doubters and I was one once.

The way she played won as a rookie won me over but obviously as a Sky fan I want/need to believe that she is a future superstar.

I'm just saying get your laughs in now because if she does put it all together you may not have the opportunity for much longer.

Reaction Score
I certainly phrased it that way on purpose. In her defense, both college programs she played for were disasters with coaches who have since been replaced.

That's the intrigue of Diamond. Can she finally put it all together on a consistent basis? I don't blame the doubters and I was one once.

The way she played won as a rookie won me over but obviously as a Sky fan I want/need to believe that she is a future superstar.

I'm just saying get your laughs in now because if she does put it all together you may not have the opportunity for much longer.

I hope the day comes I stop laughing...but until then :D

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She also had some injuries in college. In one game against Alabama she was taken of the court on a stretcher. Last year in 34 games average 14.4 points. I think she is ready to have a big year.

Reaction Score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Laugh now, but Diamond absolutely has the potential to become one of the best players in the league within the next few years.

I think she's heading toward a big year. She has a different look in her eye right now. She seems focused and has the killer instinct back, like she had her first season at UNC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom