WNBA standings thru 8/5 | The Boneyard

WNBA standings thru 8/5

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ladies and gentlemen, we officially have a log jam. 7 of 12 teams are either 4-1 or 3-2. Everyone thanks New York and Connecticut for their contributions. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
West is definitely looking better than the East right now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
West is definitely looking better than the East right now.

:rolleyes: Payback for last year. The Mystics could still be there at the end of the year, but the Sun...probably not.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes: Payback for last year. The Mystics could still be there at the end of the year, but the Sun...probably not.
Would rate Phoenix 1st, Minnesota, Chicago, winner of Las Vegas, Los Angeles 4th, Seattle 5th loser of LV, LA 6th.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Would rate Phoenix 1st, Minnesota, Chicago, winner of Las Vegas, Los Angeles 4th, Seattle 5th loser of LV, LA 6th.

Hmm....power rankings are probably gonna change daily at this point, but pretty weird to have first place Seattle at #5. Any reason why?

Reaction Score
Hmm....power rankings are probably gonna change daily at this point, but pretty weird to have first place Seattle at #5. Any reason why?
If you have watched them if not for Stewie they lose the last 2 games. Howard isn't playing well Loyd is shooting worse then AO, without Sue, Canada has been OK. They are not a good team right now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If you have watched them if not for Stewie they lose the last 2 games. Howard isn't playing well Loyd is shooting worse then AO, without Sue, Canada has been OK. They are not a good team right now.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Canada has been more than OK. They ran away from Connecticut in the 2nd half of that game. I didn't see the Atlanta game, looks like they played a good first half and then fell apart. Anyway, all of Chicago's wins have been just barely. I'm watching LA/Vegas, neither of these teams are world beaters. I just don't see Seattle being the 5th best team in the league.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
With DT's injury and others piling up, I am getting more and more concerned with the brutal play schedule where teams are basically playing every other day. I had thought after last Monday when no games were going that this would be true for every Monday but no. Why could they not find 3 or 4 more rest days in the schedule?? And even if it was not scheduled, why cant they decide to move around the schedule now? I am guessing the compression was out of concern of COVID19 and trying to end the season as quickly as possible but the integrity of the bubbled environment is clearly demonstrated.

If they are worried about television conflicts, who cares, WNBA is used to sketchy television

Am I missing something basic? :confused::confused::confused:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Most teams would lose without their best player....Stewart's the main reason why Seattle is as good as they are and #1 in the league. Canada is splitting time with Sue and doing a serviceable job..they're 4-0 with her starting. Once playoffs come Sue is going to start over her, likely every game. I think they're pretty cut and dry the best team in the league right now. No one else has weapons like Seattle.

Reaction Score
With DT's injury and others piling up, I am getting more and more concerned with the brutal play schedule where teams are basically playing every other day. I had thought after last Monday when no games were going that this would be true for every Monday but no. Why could they not find 3 or 4 more rest days in the schedule?? And even if it was not scheduled, why cant they decide to move around the schedule now? I am guessing the compression was out of concern of COVID19 and trying to end the season as quickly as possible but the integrity of the bubbled environment is clearly demonstrated.

If they are worried about television conflicts, who cares, WNBA is used to sketchy television

Am I missing something basic? :confused::confused::confused:
I'd really like to see longer rests in the schedule too. The quality of the games seems to be slipping due to fatigue. If it continues to slip over the course of the season, the wubble (despite being a success from the pandemic perspective) might just make the WNBA look sloppy.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Can we revisit this? Seattle beat Phoenix and Chicago, all alone atop the standings at 7-1. They keep winning without Bird. They have to be considered the best team in the league at the moment, I don't see any other team you could make a case for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom