WNBA Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WNBA Predictions

Reaction Score
The same argument could be made for teams who have their star injured or out for a year. DT sat out pretty much all of 2012 IIRC and Phoenix was rewarded with the #1 pick and Brittney Griner. Or last year with so many stars out due to injury or other obligations.

Draft lottery also now take 2 year records into account, so this helps prevent teams from tanking for high draft picks.

Also, have you looked at next year's mock draft? The class looks terrible.

That is true as I forgot about the two year look back. This actually has bothered me since Sacramento went under and Minnesota had the first pick in the dispersal draft. They grabbed Brunson and had the No. 1 draft pick also. I'm brain dead right now and not sure if the pick was Simone or Maya. But damn you just got two No. 1 draft picks.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
interesting, no mention of kiah stokes

Well, probably should not be surprised. Kiah has not made herself a central player after entering the WNBA as a strong defensive force. and I guess part of it was coaching

I think she more than most UConn players / alumnae needed to be continuously pushed and Lambeer seemed to do that in 2015-2016. I guess maybe Bill had his eye on Vegas in 2017 and when K. Smith was coach , the air went out of the tires

Reaction Score
Well, probably should not be surprised. Kiah has not made herself a central player after entering the WNBA as a strong defensive force. and I guess part of it was coaching

I think she more than most UConn players / alumnae needed to be continuously pushed and Lambeer seemed to do that in 2015-2016. I guess maybe Bill had his eye on Vegas in 2017 and when K. Smith was coach , the air went out of the tires

the reason I say that is because the article said Amanda B has played with the Liberty the longest. I thought it was stokes

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
the reason I say that is because the article said Amanda B has played with the Liberty the longest. I thought it was stokes

Aaah. Zahui B is another exasperating player. So inconsistent and just wants to take 3 pt shots. I guess that fits in with the coach's positionless spread the floor 3pt is better than 2pt philosophy but ...

Reaction Score
That is true as I forgot about the two year look back. This actually has bothered me since Sacramento went under and Minnesota had the first pick in the dispersal draft. They grabbed Brunson and had the No. 1 draft pick also. I'm brain dead right now and not sure if the pick was Simone or Maya. But damn you just got two No. 1 draft picks.

They traded that pick (which would have been Tina Charles) plus Renee Montgomery for Lindsay Whalen and Monica Wright.

Reaction Score

Stokes joined the team in 2015 and Zahui in 2016, but Zahui always shows up so she’s played more games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lynx Analysis

1594314318188.png

Heavy feedback on Naphessa and Crystal

Collier enters her sophomore campaign with great expectations.
Opponents likely will try to stall her effectiveness on offense. On the other end, they will scheme their attacks around her defensive presence. Her diversity and versatility will be tested and require that she adapt and adjust to remain effective, and she seems up to the task.
In a recent Zoom call, she shared the following about her offseason development focus:
I really focused on my perimeter game. Switching to the three position it showed me some things I needed to work on. So 3-pointers, specifically, is what I was really working on in the offseason and then ball-handling and things like that.
\

Crystal Dangerfield — point guard of now and tomorrow
Could Crystal Dangerfield be 2020’s Napheesa Collier?
While mocked in the top 10 on most draft boards, Dangerfield at first looked like one of the biggest “losers” of draft night 2020, falling to No. 16. Yet, she might be the biggest winner. With the Minnesota Lynx, Dangerfield should be put in position to succeed, with the opportunity to contribute right away.

Minnesota did not exactly replace the legendary Lindsay Whalen in 2019. Odyssey Sims operated as the primary ballhandler, but she is not a traditional point guard and serves teams best as a bucket-getter than a distributor. The Lynx acquired Shenise Johnson in the offseason to bolster the one guard spot and, while Johnson is a solid option, she is likely best as a backup.

Dangerfield, therefore, can establish herself as the point guard of the Lynx’s today and tomorrow

At UConn, Dangerfield increasingly excelled at conducting and calibrating an offense, balancing getting the ball to talented teammates (2.27 assist/turnover ratio) with taking and making her own shots (56.1 effective field goal percentage; 41 3-point percentage). When at her best, she reminds of Chris Paul, an absolutely in control and crafty offensive operator.

In Minnesota, she can take advantage of her pre-existing familiarity with her fellow former Husky Napheesa Collier as she builds trust with her new teammates. Although she might not put up big scoring numbers, she, like Collier before her, can put up efficient numbers that contribute to winning basketball.
Dangerfield also should be solid on the defensive end. While her height, or lack thereof, may have led to her draft night drop, she has the strength needed to fight through the punishing physicality of pro basketball.

Playoff prospects
The WNBA is a league loaded with exceptional talents and awesome teams. Making the playoffs thus is a tall task. Analyzing their roster, it is easy to question if the Lynx have enough for a playoff push. Their need for Dangerfield and Herbert Harrigan to be special right away underscores the precariousness of their playoff prospects. Yet, evidence suggests it is unwise to bet against the Lynx. Cheryl Reeve and company just find ways to make things work. And while Fowles and Collier likely will face challenges, this does not mean that they will not excel, forming the league’s fiercest vet-youngster tandem.

The co-captains also will do their best to ensure that their teammates maintain the right attitude during the adversities and absurdities of the 2020 season. On the Lynx approach, Fowles told reporters over Zoom:
Just keeping a positive mindset. It starts with our captains and coaches. Just making sure these younger players understand this is not normal, it’s not normal for anyone. But you pretty much have to roll with it. … We don’t want to be the team that complains.
Collier added:
It is really crazy. … We can’t control the things that are going on in the world, but we can control our attitude. … Everyone is in the exact same situation. There’s nothing we can do about it, we’re doing out best. We’re here to play, which is what we all wanted. … If you’re complaining then us as a team we can get ahead because while you’re busy doing that, we’re practicing, we’re making the best out of the situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom