WNBA, Kia Nurse & NYC | The Boneyard

WNBA, Kia Nurse & NYC

Reaction Score
The WNBA is currently running a major outdoor campaign in NYC. I've seen street signs with Courtney Williams and my fav, Kia Nurse on my corner in midtown. (Sorry for the reflection in the image). They are not targeting the major stars, which Is probably smart in broadening awareness.
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0712.jpg

Reaction Score
In other news, Kia is getting a new head coach. Katie Smith's contract was not renewed. I guess Tsai means business.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Probably deserves a thread of it's own but keeping with the economy of having as few threads as possible, I will add this great news here.

The Liberty have a new home. :D:D:D:D:D

Barclay's. And once Sabrina gets here, I will get my season passes. Although maybe it would be cheaper to get them prior to her pick.

"We are committed to the Liberty's long-term success in New York, and relocating the team to Brooklyn will provide the franchise with tremendous opportunity," said David Levy, CEO of the Nets and Barclays Center, as well as president of J Tsai Sports. "With many of our fans based in the five boroughs, moving to Barclays Center will make the Liberty more centrally located, allowing us to bring back the original fan base and attract new supporters. The venue change, along with the first pick in the 2020 WNBA draft, has positioned the team for an exciting future."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I went to the one game there is summer; The difference between Barclay and Westchester is night and day. Think JC Community College Theatre that is hard to get to and Broadway in the center of the world. This is such good news. Thank you Joseph Tsai!

Barclay's is fantastic. I have mobility issues but the subway stop lets you out 50 feet away from the front door. Even better than MSG. I am thrilled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom