Men - With strong sophomore season, Garrett Coe earned UConn baseball scholarship the old-fashioned way (Borges @ Hearst) | The Boneyard

Men With strong sophomore season, Garrett Coe earned UConn baseball scholarship the old-fashioned way (Borges @ Hearst)

Reaction Score
Worth the read…

Back door access here <<

-> Along with Norwalk’s Korey Morton, Coe arrived at UConn last year with no baseball scholarship. They’re the kind of diamonds in the rough Penders looks for: good, local players who are willing to come to the program and earn a scholarship. The coach stresses the fact that, even if they get a half-scholarship at an out-of-state or private school, they’d still almost certainly be paying more than if they paid full tuition at UConn.

“That’s what we need to build this program,” Penders said. “We’ve got to have those guys from Connecticut that have that trust level: ‘Alright, I believe what this guy’s saying. I’m going to go there and earn a scholarship the old-fashioned way.’”

“I probably shouldn’t admit this,” Penders added, “but those are the kids that the coaching staff roots a little bit harder for. It requires a lot of trust from the family.”<-

Reaction Score
Worth the read…

Back door access here <<

-> Along with Norwalk’s Korey Morton, Coe arrived at UConn last year with no baseball scholarship. They’re the kind of diamonds in the rough Penders looks for: good, local players who are willing to come to the program and earn a scholarship. The coach stresses the fact that, even if they get a half-scholarship at an out-of-state or private school, they’d still almost certainly be paying more than if they paid full tuition at UConn.

“That’s what we need to build this program,” Penders said. “We’ve got to have those guys from Connecticut that have that trust level: ‘Alright, I believe what this guy’s saying. I’m going to go there and earn a scholarship the old-fashioned way.’”

“I probably shouldn’t admit this,” Penders added, “but those are the kids that the coaching staff roots a little bit harder for. It requires a lot of trust from the family.”<-

Along with talking about Garrett Coe, definitely some good info on baseball scholarship money. Certainly worth the read.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom