With sadness | The Boneyard

With sadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm heading out to Illinois. My dad went home to be with his (our) heavenly Father this evening. He put up a good fight. He will always be remembered and loved.

Even though he didn't really follow Huskies closely, he would always ask me how they were doing, because he knew what a fan I was.

Any prayers for our family will be appreciated. Thanks.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Prayers and condolences to you and your family...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
sorry to hear Meyers... cherish the memories!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Condolences. Peace be with you and your family.

We and the Huskies will be here when you return.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Blessings, meyers, to you and all your family and friends. May you find comfort and grace in the many friends and neighbors who will hold you in their prayers and thoughts and may the peace that passes all understanding keep you God's love.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
God Bless you and your family. I will say a prayer for you

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
take care Meyers......my sympathies and condolances to you and your family....

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
My dad passed away in 1998. I feel for you. God bless.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Mine passed in '95 - never easy to know what to say, other than enjoy all the memories. It might be hard to do that for awhile, but will get easier. Hang in there.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I was only 32 when cancer got my dad. Since I know your age, I can say I'm glad you got more years with him than did I. I find that the Mike and the Mechanics line, "I wasn't there that morning when my father passed away. I didn't get to tell him all the things I had to say", goes through my head a lot. God bless.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thanks all. I appreciate it. Made it to Detroit so far. Gotta make one more flight. Flying standby has it's advantages, but it can be tricky.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"I wasn't there that morning when my father passed away. I didn't get to tell him all the things I had to say", goes through my head a lot. God bless.

My father has been gone for 25 years and I miss him and think of him nearly every day. I still feel sad whenever I hear that song.

Meyers - The pain will lessen but the memories won't.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Thanks all. I appreciate it. Made it to Detroit so far. Gotta make one more flight. Flying standby has it's advantages, but it can be tricky.
You might want to look into a bereavement fare for your return. Never done that myself, but I think they still exist.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I'm heading out to Illinois. My dad went home to be with his (our) heavenly Father this evening. He put up a good fight. He will always be remembered and loved.

Even though he didn't really follow Huskies closely, he would always ask me how they were doing, because he knew what a fan I was.

Any prayers for our family will be appreciated. Thanks.

Meyers7...my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this very challenging time. I hope our heavenly Father gives you and your family the grace and strength you need to come through the other side of your grief. God Bless you and your family.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
"I wasn't there that morning when my father passed away. I didn't get to tell him all the things I had to say", goes through my head a lot. God bless.

Tell him now...through prayer...it will help you and it will go through to him...remember he isn't gone he has shed the body and he is with God.

You do not have a soul, you are a soul...you have a body....C.S. Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul