With new energy and focus, UConn linebacker Jackson Mitchell can’t wait to lead the Huskies football team (Laddha @ Courant) | The Boneyard

With new energy and focus, UConn linebacker Jackson Mitchell can’t wait to lead the Huskies football team (Laddha @ Courant)

Reaction Score

->“He’s a wise man for his age because he has been playing so much football here,” said Spanos, UConn’s defensive coordinator. “The production is outstanding. I mean, top-10 tackler in the country. He leads by example. When he speaks, everybody listens. When I say everyone, I mean all three phases (of football) because if Jackson is talking, there’s a reason for it.”

While the football team brings in an influx of new talent with transfers and recruits, Mitchell is the epitome of homegrown success. The Ridgefield native has made tremendous strides over the last couple of years. “The maturation process and just how high his football IQ is,” Spanos said. “He understands the game. When we are talking about football, us two are on the same page. He will be like, ‘Did you see this? or ‘What about this?’ He’s a football junkie.

“He’s trained with [strength and conditioning] coach [Matt] King. He’s done an outstanding job and his body has changed so much. He’s morphed. Jackson has had an outstanding spring. He wants this year to be special. All signs are a go. He’s so self-driven and a high-motor guy; it’s a joy. This is one of the reasons you get into coaching because of players like him.” <-

Reaction Score
I am gulping the Koolaid. I need this team to be much improved. I realize as I am aging how important each fall is due to my love of the game and my school.

Need to see the results early. Said it before but if we can play well week 1 it would be huge. Winning is so important, but for this start I don’t need to win, just feel good about how we played in the game. If that happens I think this season could be a lot of fun.

Reaction Score
Been waiting for our next Alfred Fincher. Is this the guy?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom