Men - With brother by his side and momentum in his favor, Kyler Fedko’s baseball story is only beginning (Pittsburg Post-Gazette) | The Boneyard

Men With brother by his side and momentum in his favor, Kyler Fedko’s baseball story is only beginning (Pittsburg Post-Gazette)

Reaction Score

-> The redshirt sophomore took collegiate baseball by storm in his three years with the UConn program. Last month, he garnered Big East Player of the Year and the Big East Championship’s Most Outstanding Player honor after leading the Huskies (34-19) to a conference title and third consecutive NCAA tournament appearance. His .398 batting average, which ranked No. 1 in the conference and No. 15 in the country, was the highest from a UConn player since 2001. He also led the Big East in runs scored (57), hits (78), on-base percentage (.438) and total bases (132).

There’s more, though. He compiled six hits and homered in three of the four games in a series sweep against Seton Hall that decided the Big East regular-season championship. He totaled a team-high 24 multi-hit games with 16 multi-RBI games over 50-plus outings. And most recently, he received the National College Baseball Writers Association’s District 2 Player of the Year — joining the likes of top MLB prospects Kumar Rocker and Jack Leiter from Vanderbilt in the list of recipients. <-

->Kyler confirmed that his days at UConn are likely over, with his focus now locked on pursuing a professional career. He is viewed as a legitimate MLB prospect among scouts for the upcoming 2021 draft on July 11. Until then, he’ll be playing in the Cape Cod summer baseball league. The center fielder’s goal is to one day develop into a “super utility guy” who can play any position on the field on any given day. <-

-> “I may be a little biased, but no one’s going to work harder and no one’s going to have the mentality he has,” said Christian. “I think it’s going to be quick and I think he’s going to adjust fast. He’s going to make it real soon.” <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom