Wish List 2023-24 | The Boneyard

Wish List 2023-24

Reaction Score
I was watching last year's final four, and thought of a player i wish UConn could get in the portal - if applicable.
Well no longer applicable - Prechtel from Stanford did not withdraw her name from consideration in the 2023 draft - however i think she could've been a good post insurance somewhat in the realm of Juhasz.

With that being said, I still like the idea of the thread...

Reaction Score
Ashten Prechtel performances in Stanford is worse year by year why UConn wants her?

Screenshot (29).png

Reaction Score
Columbia's Kaitlyn Davis, a 6-0 G/F from Norwalk, CT who attended Greenwich Academy, is in the portal as a grad-transfer. I'm not sure how much she could help UConn given the depth, but she averaged 13.4 PPG, 8.2 RPG, and 3.7 APG on a really good Columbia team. Efficient scorer from the field (51%), but doesn't really shoot the three.

Reaction Score
Columbia's Kaitlyn Davis, a 6-0 G/F from Norwalk, CT who attended Greenwich Academy, is in the portal as a grad-transfer. I'm not sure how much she could help UConn given the depth, but she averaged 13.4 PPG, 8.2 RPG, and 3.7 APG on a really good Columbia team. Efficient scorer from the field (51%), but doesn't really shoot the three.
Columbia is in the WNIT FINAL FOUR. The Lions beat Harvard to move on in
the WNIT. Wish List 1. POY for Paige
2. All America for Aaliyah and Azzi
3. NCAA Finals, after getting a #1 seed,
Paige does the rest with a " little" help from her "friends"!!!

Reaction Score
This question can be answered from many different perspectives, but let me try these. I wish for a rotation that is 10-11 players. I wish for frequent use of the press and far more fast breaks on offense. I wish our opposition with short benches have players bent over holding their shorts from exhaustion in the 4th quarter. I wish opposing coaches will have to burn early timeouts to try to figure out our press.

I wish we could develop a cohesive pressing unit that specialized in defense to be used strategically at certain point of the game. I wish we can mostly use two traditional bigs with one or more of our young prospects coming thru at C so we can dominate at rebounding and block shots in addition to most other categories. I wish Geno with depth and a variety of skills can make more strategic game substitutions for defense, perimeter shooting, rebounding etc. instead of having to manage minutes and rest for a limited rotation.

I wish for the first time in three years we see how good Paige and Azzi can be when both are truly healthy at the same time. I wish Aaliyah in her senior year can play the whole year at her natural 4 position. I wish Paige and Azzi will look aggressively for their own shot more than they sometimes do. I wish a more rested Nika can go back to picking ballhandlers clean for easy layups now that she doesn't have to worry as much about fouls.

I wish Aubrey can be used on the wing but also upfront because as good as she was on the wing, she is better as a 4. I wish the game would slow down for Ayanna and that she could show more patience in the post. I hope Caroline's magnetic pull toward her head will reverse itself. I hope Ines will get over the nervousness of playing in front of more than 200 people. I wish there will be reports in the late summer that Amari has put on 10-15 more pounds of muscle.

I wish we continue to be a favored destination for international stars. I wish opposing coaches conclude that we can't leave Paige and Azzi open outside, we can't let them drive, we have to take the ball out of Nika's hands, and can't let the ball get inside to Aaliyah, Ice or Jana, now how do we do that all at once?

Most of all I wish we are again bad for women's basketball !

Reaction Score
Ashten Prechtel performances in Stanford is worse year by year why UConn wants her?

View attachment 86154
If we thought Tara didn’t use her well, we might. I actually agree that she could have been good at UConn. She had a great perimeter game, but could play the low post when needed. A little reminiscent of a great Hungarian post player we used to have.

Reaction Score
If we thought Tara didn’t use her well, we might. I actually agree that she could have been good at UConn. She had a great perimeter game, but could play the low post when needed. A little reminiscent of a great Hungarian post player we used to have.
Prechtel's available minutes were greatly affected by other Stanford talent after her first year. You can be a really good college C and get less time when your team adds Brink, and then two years later the number 1 high school recruit in Lauren Betts. By this year she was an exceptional third string C who could have started for 90% of the Division 1 schools. In addition Belibi was a contender for playing time off the bench as a very good 4 who can dunk for example. Like South Carolina they were loaded and very deep up front.

Reaction Score
Of course, everyone wants the kids to return in full health, and stay that way through the season. I think we have the nucleus of an incredible squad... but it's a fragile nucleus as we saw this past season.

After Lou joined the team last year, the Huskies had eleven players, and the biggest question here on the Boneyard seemed to be: "How will we find enough minutes for all this talent?" Well that problem kinda solved itself, and not in a good way.

The same question could be asked today, with fourteen onboard. And as much as I want to hope for the best, I also believe in preparing for the worst, so I say, Heck yeah, if there's a grad transfer piece out there that has a good chance of fitting in our puzzle? Sign her up. And by 'fitting in our puzzle' I don't necessarily mean a five-star double-double machine.

Brittany Hunter and Batouly Camara were as important to the Huskies during their time in Storrs as Lou and Dorka. The reason for that, I believe, is that Geno and his leadership team... are uncannily good at working with personal chemistry, and getting their players comfortable in their roles. Even when those roles mean sitting at the far end of the bench. Sometimes that's a result of skill level and sometimes it's because of injury, but in all cases the person sitting there still knows she's an important part of a bigger whole.

That's why I really don't care if Amari comes back with twelve extra pounds of muscle. If she does, cool, but if she doesn't, she is still a valued teammate now.

But an added piece won't hurt. I like the grad transfer route, it's shown that it can provide some good talent and perhaps more important, maturity. It's a pretty good bet that such a player won't be bringing a lot of excess baggage, so I say try it again. As heartbreaking as the end of this season was... imagine how the campaign would have looked without Dorka and Lou.

Reaction Score
For Amari Deberry to become the player, every minute that she is on the floor, that she has shown flashes of.
For Ayanna Patterson to slow the game down and become Aaliyah's shadow.
For Caroline Ducharme, Paige Bueckers, Aubrey Griffin, Ice Brady, and Azzi Fudd to finally be 100% healthy all season, so that they can reach, and we can see, their full potential.

Reaction Score
Exactly, if we're healthy, we aren't gonna need nothing or nobody.
But I heard that "Nothing" is a 6'5" big with a killer hook shot, and "Nobody" is a lightning quick guard with mad handles and deadly from 3...;););):cool::cool:

Reaction Score
Of course, everyone wants the kids to return in full health, and stay that way through the season. I think we have the nucleus of an incredible squad... but it's a fragile nucleus as we saw this past season.

After Lou joined the team last year, the Huskies had eleven players, and the biggest question here on the Boneyard seemed to be: "How will we find enough minutes for all this talent?" Well that problem kinda solved itself, and not in a good way.

The same question could be asked today, with fourteen onboard. And as much as I want to hope for the best, I also believe in preparing for the worst, so I say, Heck yeah, if there's a grad transfer piece out there that has a good chance of fitting in our puzzle? Sign her up. And by 'fitting in our puzzle' I don't necessarily mean a five-star double-double machine.

Brittany Hunter and Batouly Camara were as important to the Huskies during their time in Storrs as Lou and Dorka. The reason for that, I believe, is that Geno and his leadership team... are uncannily good at working with personal chemistry, and getting their players comfortable in their roles. Even when those roles mean sitting at the far end of the bench. Sometimes that's a result of skill level and sometimes it's because of injury, but in all cases the person sitting there still knows she's an important part of a bigger whole.

That's why I really don't care if Amari comes back with twelve extra pounds of muscle. If she does, cool, but if she doesn't, she is still a valued teammate now.

But an added piece won't hurt. I like the grad transfer route, it's shown that it can provide some good talent and perhaps more important, maturity. It's a pretty good bet that such a player won't be bringing a lot of excess baggage, so I say try it again. As heartbreaking as the end of this season was... imagine how the campaign would have looked without Dorka and Lou.
I am with you on bringing in a mature transfer whose going to have an instant impact along side PB, AE, Nika, and Aubrey. Everyone else is a big question mark to me. I like Caroline and Azzi, but I am not 100% confident in their consistency or development because they've missed multiple games. My hope is that they gain their confidence back and play at least 90% of the season. As for the newcomers... stats don't wow me as much them actually playing a college game. I know I am bit scarred from last year's preseason news, so this preseason will be one of extremely cautious hope. I would love to see an Engstler, a Meyers or a Lou come in a bring an adaptable style and perspective.

Reaction Score
Paige at 110%, Azzi at 110% The rest of the team at 100%...I would like to see a strong showing from Ice Brady in her return, I dream of Amari going the extra mile in the off-season and ramping up her strength/fitness/ability to be a good post player defensively.

Reaction Score

Amari needs 12 extra BBIQ points more than 12# of muscle. She looks very good at times, and a day behind at others. She’ll play if Geno knows what to expect. I hope she blossoms.

Reaction Score
We lack experience and height in the post. Other than Amari nobody over 6'4" and only Edwards has significant time. Either add an experienced grad post or find talent oversees. I hear there is a pretty talented 6'6" post in France for example

Reaction Score
1. Amari plays 10+ mins/g not in garbage time.
2. Amari plays 10+ mins/g not in garbage time.
3. Amari plays 10+ mins/g not in garbage time.

And, of course, no injuries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom